Concealed or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
I thought most Dominicans are black? BTW Black is not a race, its a description.....As far as mixed couples getting attacked due to skin color in the USA....My advice is move out of the ghetto....Never seen this my entire life in the states, although racism does exist as in many places. I believe some people are paranoid based on their own preconceived ideas (not reality).

Sep 4, 2012
Kinda stupid laws though no. Give them a gun and then wait to see if they are going to be nuts and off a bunch of people. Should that evaluation not be made before issue, not after, lol.

Ornery to the subject individuals would respond as such, so typical. It isn't about the laws, it is indeed about the LAW, which happens to be the Constitution of the USA, which explicitly expresses the right of every citizen to gun ownership.

As far as your proposed evaluation -- well, you should take that up, if you or anyone else can predict behavior by means of evaluations then millions of dollars are waiting for you, should you have the evaluation ready...lol

You are caught into your own, self-created dichotomy....lol

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Ornery to the subject individuals would respond as such, so typical. It isn't about the laws, it is indeed about the LAW, which happens to be the Constitution of the USA, which explicitly expresses the right of every citizen to gun ownership.

As far as your proposed evaluation -- well, you should take that up, if you or anyone else can predict behavior by means of evaluations then millions of dollars are waiting for you, should you have the evaluation ready...lol

You are caught into your own, self-created dichotomy....lol

What crap. Just because I have the right to do something does not automatically draw me to doing it.
And actually, usually licenses of any kind follow some form of examimination. You don't go and start practicing dentistry off the street and then have your license taken from you once you've mutilated someone. You don't get in a car and drive off, then get disqualified once you've run down a bus stop full of kids.
I can see you have the typical pro gun mentality and so I see logic and understanding will be beyond you on this.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Sep 4, 2012
What crap. Just because I have the right to do something does not automatically draw me to doing it.
And actually, usually licenses of any kind follow some form of examimination. You don't go and start practicing dentistry off the street and then have your license taken from you once you've mutilated someone. You don't get in a car and drive off, then get disqualified once you've run down a bus stop full of kids.
I can see you have the typical pro gun mentality and so I see logic and understanding will be beyond you on this.

Stupid is as stupid does. You mentioned the law, you drove the conversation this way - the LAW is the constitution and it says what it says, period. There is not mention of test, eval or criteria but you are as egregious as always.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, it takes a certain mentality to open carry. You need to put the safety of you and your loved ones above the opinions of others. In most areas it is very rare. I have one anecdotal story which I will save for the off topic forum. But I can say that once I was pumping gas at night and 3 guys with hoodies on passed by (it was 80 degrees). I saw these same guys on the news the next day for robbing a local convenience store. That would have been me if I wasn't open carrying.

This being a DR forum, your comment about what can be done in the US is not really relevant here. Such a discussion is fine in the off topic section of the forum. Don't try to open carry a pistol in the DR. It can be confiscated if you do so.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
It still amazes me. The feeling one needs a gun. In all my years in the DR, Jamaica, Trinidad and in Canada....I have never once thought, I need a gun.....and I hang out in places like Charamicos and La Union. I spent a year in Kingston Jamaica an two years in Port of Spain Trinidad, never needed a gun. I just don't understand.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
HUG, you do not understand America. If you walked 1 mile in any ghetto at night you would have a 50/50 chance of being robbed or beaten. This is not paranoia this is well known by all and is the reason why American cities are segregated. BTW I had to live 2 years in the Bronx unarmed due to Obama induced poverty. The fact I am still here talking to you means I understand my own country.

What fool walks in a ghetto at night anywhere in the world?....... Yes, if you do stupid things, bad things will happen....You are a clever one...

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Is he a Brit?

No wonder...lol

See nothing you say makes sense. If you compare our records for shootings, massacres and gun related violence I think you will see how ridiculous your opinions are. And by the way, I didn't take this personal, I commented on what people think of those who open carry. You became offended because you know this is you. And no one likes to be laughed at I guess.

And this is DR1 not off topic, and I have only a short tolerance for uncle Bucks bullsh1t and so.................

Back online.
No, open carry in DR is only for barrio duche bags with an insecurity complex.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Eliminating all the BS responses in the thread in Off-Topic and getting right to the point:

Open carry by the public is illegal in the D.R.

On the back of the permit it states:

Warning: Expired license or displaying the weapon is punishable by the seizure

This answers the OP.

Closed.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I hope that all the posters understand that a revised law on gun law in DR
has had it's first reading and was approved in the lower house and could well be approved in the senate in the coming days.

The aim is to reduce/restrict gun ownership in DR.

http://www.noticiassin.com/2015/09/...-la-poblacion-ante-ultimos-hechos-delictivos/

http://www.elmasacre.com/noticias/n...-de-ley-de-armas-ha-sido-malinterpretado.html

In case anyone missed this post, I'm quoting it again.

Things may change in DR very soon if this passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.