Construction companies

kevinmar

Mar 21, 2016
Hi my name is Kevin and I'm buying land in the Miches area we r looking for a construction company to build our house. Any references?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi my name is Kevin and I'm buying land in the Miches area we r looking for a construction company to build our house. Any references?

Are you currently living in the DR? I can't help you with Miches but I am sure others can.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Go home forget it. You will be much better off not getting involved in building on your own here.

Jan 7, 2016
If you're adventurous and easy-going, build a house or villa here will be a challenge that you won't easily get-over. The cost over-runs and delays are unreal, as are the poor quality of the workers and their construction techniques. Other than that, a piece of cake!

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Well, I happen to know one who has a master's degree in Civil Eng. from Purdue University (a top engineering school in the US).

He and his brother (who also has a master's degree from elsewhere) have built HUGE resorts for international firms, but also handled smaller projects.
Recently one has been building in Cap Cana, and the other elsewhere in the area.

Send me further detail on your project by private messaging, and I will inquire further.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
If you're adventurous and easy-going, build a house or villa here will be a challenge that you won't easily get-over. The cost over-runs and delays are unreal, as are the poor quality of the workers and their construction techniques. Other than that, a piece of cake!

make sure the Haitians or Dominicans building your house actually use "levels" and not a twig or branch from a tree when trying to make the blocks actually level... oh yes happens all the time..

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013

Speak for yourself based on your own experience. You just need to find the RIGHT people. Lots and lots of people are investing huge amounts of money building in the DR (including in luxury projects).

COMMON SENSE tells you that there are people who know what they are doing. But (surprise, surprise) they are not necessarily the cheapest ones, or the first one that "a friend" told you about.

You have to do your homework to find them.

P.S. If you need a civil engineer with a Ph.D. from a world-class university they are also available in the DR. Shocking, right?

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
make sure the Haitians or Dominicans building your house actually use "levels" and not a twig or branch from a tree when trying to make the blocks actually level... oh yes happens all the time..

Happens all the time when you use unqualified contractors (because they are the cheapest you found).

You can bet that the people who build major resorts, as well as residences in top residential resorts (Casa de Campo, Metro, Cap Cana, etc) and fine areas in Dominican cities do use levels and far more sophisticated tools.

That is common sense, right?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Happens all the time when you use unqualified contractors (because they are the cheapest you found).

You can bet that the people who build major resorts, as well as residences in top residential resorts (Casa de Campo, Metro, Cap Cana, etc) and fine areas in Dominican cities do use levels and far more sophisticated tools.

That is common sense, right?

It's funny you should say all that.. Even Cap Cana FIRED all of their electrical contractors a year ago because of Endemic electrical issues... It's very difficult to find quality skilled consistent labour in the DR even if you have a great contractor.. I know a guy who FLEW IN all of his labour from GERMANY for 3 months to build a villa in La Romna Resort Club.. Yes it can be done and many projects on the go.. But almost all of them will have plumbing or electrical issues when complete... Here folks just live with the problems. .

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Let's keep this to east coast builder recommendations please.

If you want to recommend someone/a company, put the info here, the OP cannot PM

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
If you want to recommend someone/a company, put the info here, the OP cannot PM
I am not sure I should post here contact details for third parties.

The OP should probably post a bit more information about the kind/size of project he has in mind, and if possible post an email address (s/he may create a free new email for this purpose, like micheshome at hotmail.com).
Obviously top builders will not be interested in all projects.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Therresta Construction. They are not cheap but the finished product is very good. They are currently building the staff residence and several other structures at the new Excellence Del Carmen in Uvero Alto.

If you want to see there work check out Las Dunas on line. There are several units for sale and rent. You can at least see what they do.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
d.r. is a vacation land....many resorts....some are bult properly....usually an error in building design...
yeh sure all work is done (overseen) and laid out....
but when a job is nice u remember...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
and one thing to remember is """"not cost over runs """" but watching the const....time is money...esp when you are paying for a company who is not working...pm me i know an engineer in santi who does things all over...

rosabblanco

Jul 8, 2010
Contact Mr. Miguel Melendez. He and his company have a great portafolio and very good track record in construction. 809-350-5392