Construction cost for buildings

DickieLee

May 16, 2012
I'm currently having a 2 bed house built near the North Coast, near Villa Magante, build cost is USD$400/sq m, 2 solar panels with invertor, charger and 4 batteries is a further USD$2200. Construction is concrete with rendered block walls and ceramic tiling. Going there at the end of the month to see the almost finished building.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Many of you contributed to this thread and most of the updates are 6 months or more old. Prices have changed, labour costs have changed!
Does anybody have updates - 18,000 RD$ per SM to 30,000 RD$ where the predictions before . What are those ranges now ?

OLLY

Tonydomrep

Feb 22, 2009
What do you want to here... 17.950 - 29.500 pesos...

You can start as low as 400 and go up as expensive as you want. All depends on what quality you want in the end. You can mix the concrete/cement with a lot of (sea) sand also

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
Just got done with my house. Architect also had a construction company but we did not use. Quoted 30,000 40,000 and 50,000 pesos per sqmeter depending on construction tier. One thing I learned is that you must be very vigilant during the construction. I also learned is that what is viewed as high quality to the builder is not what an outsider would consider high quality. Be very clear when getting prices of what you expect and what the builder thinks you expect. They are two very different opinions. That is why I chose to buy the materials myself. If you select something you want I can guarentee that the builder will try to find a cheaper subsitute and it will be done before you realize it. If you are going to build I would highly reccomend that you make yourself available thru out the entire build. DONT LEAVE the site even for a few hours.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Just got done with my house. Architect also had a construction company but we did not use. Quoted 30,000 40,000 and 50,000 pesos per sqmeter depending on construction tier. One thing I learned is that you must be very vigilant during the construction. I also learned is that what is viewed as high quality to the builder is not what an outsider would consider high quality. Be very clear when getting prices of what you expect and what the builder thinks you expect. They are two very different opinions. That is why I chose to buy the materials myself. If you select something you want I can guarentee that the builder will try to find a cheaper subsitute and it will be done before you realize it. If you are going to build I would highly reccomend that you make yourself available thru out the entire build. DONT LEAVE the site even for a few hours.

So, what did it end up costing you?

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
1.5M which included front gate adding second floor over park area making park area for 4 cars extending living room adding bathrooms into every room ceramic floors thru out terazzo floor for garage area windows doors plus alot more. Had lots of wiggle room by buying material ourselves. Probably added 50-60 Sqm of extra space for this plus adding a bunch of new stuff in existing space.. Started out at 1.2 but went to 1.5 by the time we finished. Was told material prices are going to sky rocket after the New Year.