Continental to add 2nd EWR to SDQ flight

A

apostropheman

not the best time frame but if the price is right i could live with it :)
Don't know if this was posted already, but it wouldn't hurt again. Continental appears to be adding a 2nd (daily) flight from EWR to SDQ, departing at 11:59pm.

Feb 7, 2007
Well, Continental already has 2 flights, it has a morning and evening flight to SDQ.

From EWR to SDQ, 1st flight departs at 7.10 am and the 2nd flight departs at 8pm.

From SDQ to EWR 1st flight departs in the morning and another one in the early afternoon.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Well, Continental already has 2 flights, it has a morning and evening flight to SDQ.

From EWR to SDQ, 1st flight departs at 7.10 am and the 2nd flight departs at 8pm.

From SDQ to EWR 1st flight departs in the morning and another one in the early afternoon.
I think the evening flight is only on Saturday's.

Soul Siesta

Jun 2, 2005
www.brothersandsistersonline.com
Continental's 2nd flight

Currently, that 2nd flight is for the busy summer season only (as has been for the past several years). In December it appears the 2nd flight will operate all year long, daily. If you look at September 2007, Continental is back to one flight daily - SDQ to EWR.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I booked a flight for next year....(January 31 to Feb 4, 2008).....directly on Continental.com
Excellent! It look's like the flight is 7 days a week.

It strange that it doesn't show up in their desktop timetable sofware.

newarkflyer

Aug 11, 2007
It is a daily flight!

CO 747 will depart EWR daily starting in December I believe, arriving in SDQ at 5am. We have late night flights like this to PSE and SJU and they do VERY well, I should know, I do them a lot. BQN also started as a late flight like this, too. CO 759 will depart SDQ at 6am, arriving EWR at 918. I hope it is a 24 hour layover!

Soul Siesta

Jun 2, 2005
www.brothersandsistersonline.com
EWR to SDQ Continental

We seem to be confused or otherwise miscommunicating. CO has never (at least in the past 10 years I've traveled EWR/SDQ - nearly once a month) had two "daily" flights EWR/SDQ. I know they have the second flight during the summer on Saturdays-out Sunday-return, and have had this for many years. What I'm talking about appears to be starting in Dec. 2007 and that is "two flights every day" between EWR and SDQ. With Jetblue and their 3 flights a day (at least at this time) between JFK and both STI and SDQ, Continental had to effect a change.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Starting december will be 2 daily flights.

American will be 3 daily flights

Jetblue 2 or 3 daily flights

Delta is the loser one but have enough pax on its only flight

Last edited:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
We seem to be confused or otherwise miscommunicating. CO has never (at least in the past 10 years I've traveled EWR/SDQ - nearly once a month) had two "daily" flights EWR/SDQ. I know they have the second flight during the summer on Saturdays-out Sunday-return, and have had this for many years. What I'm talking about appears to be starting in Dec. 2007 and that is "two flights every day" between EWR and SDQ.
As a long time CO flier, that's been my understanding as well.

[Except for a few years that they added another flight during the Xmas season. Remember when they would occasionally fly a 767/777 during the holiday season?]

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
yeah! i hope this is true for the long term. When i first started traveling to DR they had this late night flight. I never did it..but someone told me how great it was...no lines and you dont waste a half day traveling.

I was going to try it out and then then stopped it a few years ago.

and i certainly DO remember this flight being available in feb/march....up to about 5 or 6 years ago. and yes..this was EWR/SDQ w/ CO.