Controlling the Stray Dog Population in the DR

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Rosemary said:
Thanks Expat & Lambada ! I would welcome the chance to approach these companies and hotel's ! Most certainly will do so in Oct. perhaps after I meet with Judy, I could talk to you both ! I will be in Sosua ! not sure where you are located ! This is just wonderful ! great , fantastic ! PLEASE no-body rain on the parade before it even gets started !!!!!!!

I like your enthusiasm, Rosemary, and your willingness to contribute your own time and efforts to a cause you strongly believe in.

Good luck, and remember there are always lots of creative solutions to everything.

Maine-anti-rain-on-parade-girl

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Rosemary said:
Thanks Expat & Lambada ! I would welcome the chance to approach these companies and hotel's ! Most certainly will do so in Oct. perhaps after I meet with Judy, I could talk to you both ! I will be in Sosua ! not sure where you are located ! This is just wonderful ! great , fantastic ! PLEASE no-body rain on the parade before it even gets started !!!!!!!
I'm in Puerto Plata. I'll PM you my phone number.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
MaineGirl said:
I like your enthusiasm, Rosemary, and your willingness to contribute your own time and efforts to a cause you strongly believe in.

Good luck, and remember there are always lots of creative solutions to everything.

Maine-anti-rain-on-parade-girl
I just wish to echo Amity's well-stated sentiment. Nice to see someone willing to go out and actually do something on an issue, Rosemary... glad this Forum has helped, then. Just wish it would inspire some action on some of the other issues we've explored (or tried to explore)...

Keith :glasses:

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Main problems

The main problems are :

1-)Many people owning "Vira Latas" = street dogs, you can't even do nothing, because touching that animal you might get in trouble with the owner.

2-)There are enough garbage the gov. dont even work for it why work for dogs?

The best thing is to get vacination to stop the dogs having more puppies but the question is these. Who is going to get the vaccine? where? and When? Who is going to pay for it?

Dominican dogs will be always there, Sosua, Boca Chica, Punta Cana, La Romana, every where untill the gov. do something for it and I doubt they will.

Those animal are having many problem that might cause health problem to the society, but Who care about health problem in DR? The Gov? Where they never has money to fix hospitals.

Kakis dog every where.........

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Please Read

simpson Homer said:
The main problems are :

1-)Many people owning "Vira Latas" = street dogs, you can't even do nothing, because touching that animal you might get in trouble with the owner.

2-)There are enough garbage the gov. dont even work for it why work for dogs?

The best thing is to get vacination to stop the dogs having more puppies but the question is these. Who is going to get the vaccine? where? and When? Who is going to pay for it?

Dominican dogs will be always there, Sosua, Boca Chica, Punta Cana, La Romana, every where untill the gov. do something for it and I doubt they will.

Those animal are having many problem that might cause health problem to the society, but Who care about health problem in DR? The Gov? Where they never has money to fix hospitals.

Kakis dog every where.........
what Lambada & Expat have suggested, it's a possitive step forward ! At least it's a start in getting things off the ground and off the streets ! As for vaccine's, I will be visiting Judy's Pet lodge , getting a list of what she needs and then I intend to bombard Pharmaceutical Companies in Canada and U.S.A. with emails, requesting continuous donated supplies ! Even if we can only do one City at a time, it will help to make a difference ! As for the hospital's, I am sure "Leonel" is more than aware what immediate priorities his people need, and I am confident he will follow through on them !
Thank you Keith for the encouragement ! Thankyou MainGirl for the sunshine umbrella ! ;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Is This The Thread About "Stray Dogs"?or is it where

we "Trumpet" all the great and wonderful things we do for poor deserving dominicans???...."I" bring so many things "I" make special trips just to drop off "Cheap Gifts"! Or Is this where we Trumpet" all the "Good Deeds" we are "Going" to do."Next Time"!

Heard It before!
Donate money to the "SPCA"!Or must it be Dominican Dogs that be "Helped"!
I donated to the "Florance Krittendon Home",Figured I must be responsible for at least ONE!

Note to Rosemary,Let me assure you that all my "Artsy Fartsy",(Chris)and "Enibriated("?",I personally rarely have a "Beer"!)here in the DR,unlike you,have to many important things to accomplish,rather than sit around discussing your "PM"!"Sorry" to let you down!
'Betty Boop"did you call me?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :p
PS,I hope your shoulder gets better very soon!

Last edited:

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
Stray dogs survive becuase people take care of them .If not that , people just feed them and let them roam.I have noticed one thing though .Around Santiago all the stray dogs look alike ,so the population is very homogenous .Maybe someone with enough expertize can round them all up and create a new bread .Not only that , we can call them Viralata's and they will be Dominican bred dogs and a new source of pride for the country .

P.S a good portion of the stray dogs are owned by people and are left to roam the streets.They live like cats do in the states