Couple battles Ottawa to rescue and adopt abused boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
As far as I know there are no age requirements to adopt in Canada, other than being over 18, unlike the rules in RD.

yes, but the children are dominican citizens, they are in the dominican republic and they are subjects to dominican law. this is it. the law regarding adoptions here is rather strict (too much so, even) but it is what it is.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I understand that dv8, but Mountainannie seemed to be suggesting that there were age requirements in Canada as well.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here is the reason the boys were denied a TR visa to Canada.

Immigration officials said the couple applied for temporary resident visas for the four boys in November 2012, but the visa officer was not satisfied the children had sufficient ties to their home country and that they would leave Canada when their visas expired.

?A temporary visa is reserved for people who are coming to Canada temporarily, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada is committed to upholding the integrity of the immigration system,? said department spokesperson Nancy Caron.

?In order to protect children, all adoptions must be legally recognized and approved by the country of origin and the province of destination before any immigration application can be finalized.?

If there are any further developments Mob can let me know and we'll add to this otherwise this is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.