Covid -19 infections skyrocketed in DR. They ask not to lower our guard against covid in America, due to a new variant and an increase in cases

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
the pandemic of 1918, was the H1N1 virus and is still with us... and it came from the USA and nobody talks about it today and it was a real killer... I caught it about 10 years ago in the US. If that one comes back as a pandemic... run...
An older British gentleman I worked with years ago was posted to a remote Northern Canadian town when the Spanish flu broke out. He and his wife were given the job of vaccinating everyone. No experience at it but he was the government agent and she was a teacher. Both educated so the job fell to them. He told me so many people died, they stacked the corpses like firewood in a snow bank behind the school until they could be buried in the Spring. He’s long gone but the story remained with me.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I think if there is another pandemic then they know now better what to do and what works and what doesn’t. There would probably be restrictions but restricting travel and closing down businesses for months like the lockdown wouldn’t be acceptable.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I think we just get more memory selective as we age and don’t retain the crap we had to when we were younger. I’ve got a lot of stick it notes on my fridge. Probably could use a bigger fridge.

Less tolerance of aggravating people is also a nice side effect of aging. The Irish do it the best. “The back of my hand to you”, pretty much says it all. 😁
The loss of short term memory is most aggravating. "Why did I walk upstairs again?" Long term memory is fine. Still can recite Joe Torre's 1971 MVP stats without blinking an eye. Same with Stan Musial and Bob Gibson.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I had this flu/virus I think it was in 2008-9. I still remember it as the worst I ever had. No idea which one it was. It was here in Santo Domingo. I thought I was going to die.
Dengue is when you think you'll die. Flu (which is what Covid is) can be bad but doesn't hold a candle to Covid.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Dengue is when you think you'll die. Flu (which is what Covid is) can be bad but doesn't hold a candle to Covid.
Maybe I exaggerated a bit. I just still remember it as the worst I felt with a flu type thing.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I had Dengue a few weeks back. It made me very tired. I got a call to play a gig with a guitar player and it was an ordeal to make it through the night, then I
found out I had Dengue. Very low blood platelets.

I had CV19 over a year ago and only knew what it was because of a lack of smell and taste for several days.