Crazy?

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Unf...believable. What a bunch of cowards. This guy pointed his gun several times at the cops and they did nothing. What a joke. THEY NEED TO BE FIRED TODAY !

Reactions: Seamonkey

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I can't believe how calmly the police handled the situation. In the US, the police would have been yelling and screaming at him to drop the gun and would have been shot him several time during that video clip - especially at about 01:20.

Reactions: Peterj

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I can't believe how calmly the police handled the situation. In the US, the police would have been yelling and screaming at him to drop the gun and would have been shot him several time during that video clip - especially at about 01:20.
Yes oké but it was a potential very dangerous situation. They should have acted in my opinion.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Yes oké but it was a potential very dangerous situation. They should have acted in my opinion.
I agree, the comment on the tweet says it all... It's not unfortunately the first video I see with PN being absolutely useless and unprofessional...

When I see images of huge amounts of new PN agents being trained or promoted or whatever, I always think that it's not the quantity as such, but the quality that matters... Seems the latter is lacking at times...

My wife has a very very distant family member from the campo who had a huge passion to become a PN officer... This person, as far as I know, had absolutely no qualities that would make them a good police officer, but the person very successfully started a career within the PN... I hope everything is fine there...

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Maybe the PN saw something we didn't there(?). The man was with his wife and kids. The only ones in danger there were the PN themselves of getting shot. The police in the US occasionally have a tendency to go "Rambo" too often IMO. I've seen quite a few videos of the PN in some pretty volatile situations and they generally are amazingly calm considering. That's not to say the PN could definitely use more training.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
He had every reason to have been taken out by the police waving and pointing a gun around like that and although many think that the police could have handled it differently, I think that considering what could have potentially happened it could have turned out much worse. They were in a public area, his wife and family were close by and if he started letting loose some bullets could have easily hit innocent bystanders. The police were doing everything to get him to stand down and as we have seen it here in the DR and in many other countries, especially in the US, this is not always the case. It is easy to criticize the police in their lack of aggression but you also have to remember that there were only two of them and one or even both of them could have easily been taken out by this idiot. In a situation like this, due to the close proximity to the guy, one of the officers could have easily taken him down with a taser gun whilst the other one distracted the perp. This comes down to properly equipping and training police officers but I think that could have easily controlled the situation given the right equipment. And if they decided to shoot him, well tough sxxt, he was asking to be shot.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've seen Dominicans like him before. He was just mouthing off and posturing. The PN sized up the situation correctly. There were a lot of people standing around watching and cars in front and in back of him. He wasn't a wanted criminal. The man wasn't about to kill or get killed in front of his wife and kids. If he had been out on the open road without his family and no one around, it could have ended up much differently. Fortunately, his kids still have a father today.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
I've seen Dominicans like him before. He was just mouthing off and posturing. The PN sized up the situation correctly. There were a lot of people standing around watching and cars in front and in back of him. He wasn't a wanted criminal. The man wasn't about to kill or get killed in front of his wife and kids. If he had been out on the open road without his family and no one around, it could have ended up much differently. Fortunately, his kids still have a father today.
Totally disagree ! "Fortunately his kids still have a father today" This scumbag should have been shot and killed. The world would be a better place without this a-hole. His Kid's will become the same f... bully as their father. Enough with this wokeness. I'm sick of it. When can you shot him ??? After he kills a cop or a bystander !? . The cops must be thrown in jail to set an example for others.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Totally disagree ! "Fortunately his kids still have a father today" This scumbag should have been shot and killed. The world would be a better place without this a-hole. His Kid's will become the same f... bully as their father. Enough with this wokeness. I'm sick of it. When can you shot him ??? After he kills a cop or a bystander !? . The cops must be thrown in jail to set an example for others.
I think you're being too harsh. I'm a law and order guy as well, but we don't know most of the circumstances. We do know he didn't hurt anyone, except to scare them. He was given a second chance, let's hope he makes the most of it.

Reactions: Lucifer

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This wasn't some worthless gangbanger or he would have been shot. Do you have any idea how many Dominicans would have been screaming for the PN to be arrested and thrown in jail if they had shot the man? Do you think that might have crossed the minds of the PN?

Reactions: NanSanPedro

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
He has been thrown in jail for 3 months preventive whilst waiting for his trial. Good that action was taken straight away. All this just because the police were doing their job and asked to move his car away from a restricted area.