crocodile who?

F

futuro

i WAS AT a GOV?T office bldg and they were searching a foreigner at the door. Sign said no arms. he kept saying no pistol... The detector kept going off. Big bowie knife on hip. I Was watching from a distance.

they also let him in with his x tras...after a complete check. Reminded me of the pirate in Shogun when they removed about 20 hand weapons from him.. this guy was not dressed as a tourist....ha ha ha...
had a sidearm and probably had enough i.d.
came in and looked at everyone and left. hunting ?

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
maybe "pledge" finally arrived and decided to test out his theory...at least he knew enough not to feel safe anywhere near government folks
------------------

pledge
Question carrying a knife in public!?
Just wondering if any one knew about carrying a blade in public throughout variouse regions of the DR ?
it could be concealed under my tshirt, or worn on a belt or shoulder strap. The knife I am reffering to is similar to a bowie knife so the blade is about 10inches, so this is not a Swiss army knife.
I will be living in the DR for six months, going out drinking late and staying in unsecure budget accomodation. I'm not going to be carrying it much and it's a last resort.
Any advice is welcome thank you!

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
I "tested" the system once at the JCE carrying a neck knife. The detector never went off.

As I passed through security, I paused to look back and noticed the detector wasn't plugged in:laugh:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
he should carry a piece of sharpened bamboo instead of a blade, just as deadly and doesnt show up on a metal detector

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Schitt! The US told the Qaeda that only a "fully loaded jet liner crashing into the Twin Towers" would do sufficient damage....this was after the truck bombs that went off did nt bring them down!!! It was all over thenews...

You can bet that they know about bamboo... or fiberglass or anything else...

Me? I am all for profiling....and checking checking checking...everything...

HB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Mar 2, 2008
I'm smiling, I'm smiling!!!!

Just don't start talking about bamboo. We don't need a reenactment of the Bamboo stew scenario. Ai, ai, ai!!!
:):):)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
58.JPG