Cubans need a visa to visit the Dominican Republic

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Getting this visa is not getting any easier for those traveling with a Cuban passport. The Migration Agency recently issued Resolution 06-2022 that establishes new regulations for Cuban travelers in transit or transit in this country towards other destinations. There are some exceptions.

Resolution 06-2022 establishes that Cuban citizens in transit or transfer in this country must be residents or citizens of the destination one. Or, instead, they must have a visa from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, European Union countries, Shengen members and the Dominican Republic.

The Migration Agency also issued Regulation 07-2022 that allows entry as tourists to Cuban residents in the US who have expired passports (not over 18 months).

The US government has a backlog in expired passports processing, now taking up to 11 weeks.

Read more:Prensa...

[url=https://dr1.com/wordpress/2022/04/04/cubans-need-a-visa-to-visit-the-dominican-republic/]Continue reading...

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
well.. Nicaragua eliminated visa reqs...and many many paid up to 5 000 dollars for a one way trip...how do you spell total desperation ....If D.R. did not required a transit visa.....you have total chaos.......worst than Haitians ..thousands look for a way out .... .the glory and achievements of the rovolution ....

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
well.. Nicaragua eliminated visa reqs...and many many paid up to 5 000 dollars for a one way trip...how do you spell total desperation ....If D.R. did not required a transit visa.....you have total chaos.......worst than Haitians ..thousands look for a way out .... .the glory and achievements of the rovolution ....
Yes I read about the Nicaragua option they are using. It sounds like Cubas situation is worse than it ever was.

So before Cubans could fly to the DR without a visa ? That’s what I don’t understand. I don’t think they could. Not sure what changed.