Day trip to Boca de Yuma

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
the restaurant, i meant. :)
They said they were in the process of getting the card system and that probably means they will need to be registered with the tax people. Why do you ask about botelleros?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I didn't see it for myself but the boat owners told us they kept the nearby beach clean. The rivermouth and the sea did have some rubbish floating about, yes. When we go back for the boat trip I'll update this report.

The river meeting the sea will do it every time. Whenever there have been heavy rains, the Nizao River [which flows into the Caribbean near the beach we frequent] pours all sorts of dirt and garbage into the sea from up in the mountains. It looks nasty for a couple of days before clearing up. Maybe CB's friend was at Boca de yuma after a storm??

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
They said they were in the process of getting the card system and that probably means they will need to be registered with the tax people. Why do you ask about botelleros?

miesposo travels around DR frequently and he is always interested in reaching new botelleros. and he travels with a coworker who has a fondness for pizza :) they'd gladly visit the restaurant when in the area but comprobante fiscal is a must.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I didn't see it for myself but the boat owners told us they kept the nearby beach clean. The rivermouth and the sea did have some rubbish floating about, yes. When we go back for the boat trip I'll update this report.

Been to la playita several times by boat. Used to be called la playita or Playa Borinquen. Higueyanos y romanenses love Boca 'e Yuma.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
miesposo travels around DR frequently and he is always interested in reaching new botelleros. and he travels with a coworker who has a fondness for pizza :) they'd gladly visit the restaurant when in the area but comprobante fiscal is a must.

Why am I thinking that "botellero" has nothing to do with bottles? What is the btwn. it and comprobrante fiscal (tax waiver???)?

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
No one mentioned the park/playground that stretches to a parapet at its edge. At the edge overlook there is a cannon, a small altar type religious monument, and when the waves are strong enough they smack up against the parapet wall edge and create a water spray upwards and above the edge so as to enable nice picture ops w/the spray as a background.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
A delight

PJT has visited the place many a time when wanting to escape the routines of Punta Cana. It is quaint location of a few narrow streets of typical wood or block construction. Recent paving of streets have given residents pride and they have done well by maintaining them clean and also by adding nice touches to their homes. The rocky bluffs overlooking the Bahia de Yuma house a line of restaurants on either side of the street that follow its outline. Most offer a standard fare of seafood at reasonable prices. The delight of this location is sitting at a table under a thatch roof at the edge of the bluff on a hot day downing a very cold beer while enjoying the constant breeze off the water. The only thing that is missing is a bucket of fried clams.

The beauty of the place is it does not overwhelm you, it makes you feel comfortable. The few peddlers will approach you and are respectful if you do or do not avail yourself of their wares or services. Weekends the site is crowded, table service may be slow, and parking is limited. Weekdays offer the best time for a lunch visit, less crowds, and more attentive service.

A side visit to the Ponce de Leon museum in San Rafael de Yuma is an option, see the previous photos. The museum is under a remodeling at this time so entrance may be restricted. Entrance price is RD $100. The museum is closed on Mondays.

Go and enjoy.

Regards,

PJT

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Why am I thinking that "botellero" has nothing to do with bottles? What is the btwn. it and comprobrante fiscal (tax waiver???)?

botellero is a guy who buys and sells bottles. can be a person who digs in the trash for bottles or can be a person who buys from such guys and sells by hundred of boxes to recycling plants.

there is no connection, really, between botellero as such and comprobante fiscal. it's simply that miesposo travels on business and the places he eats at need to have the ability of offer a bill with comprobante fiscal so that he can get the money back from the company.