con este punar de asero como me decorasonarria yo

Give me the def. to this quote.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
cbello said:
con este punar de asero como me decorasonarria yo

cbello,
Are you talking about taking out your own heart with a steel fist?
I guess I'd put it in a new thread.
We are talking about oir and escuchar in this one.
mkohn

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Isn't this part of a tongue twister? With this steel dagger I would cut out my heart is basically what it means...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Horrible Spanish. Good catch KateP, I didn't do the r-l translation that quickly, but i think you are right.
But whoever wrote it is kinda illiterate, huh? :p:p

HB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Pue' claro!

KateP said:
Isn't this part of a tongue twister? With this steel dagger I would cut out my heart is basically what it means...
And we have a WINNER!!!!!.

As in: "B 12" and someone yelling: "BIIIIIIIINGO"!!!!!.

Btw, OP, it's ACERO and take the "como" and one of the "r's" in decoraZonarRia". Not trying to put you down, just trying to teach you.

Last edited:

cbello

Nov 19, 2004
steel that heart

I have a fair understanding of the words, I am gaining every day on the culture but I wanted to know, a part from the apparent grammatical issues (and frustrations for some) with "Popular" languages and Culture, if this was a well known quote and in what sense it was written. Not knowing the context in which it was originally said it makes it difficult to understand the true meaning.

I also want to point out that this discussion thread was not quite as helpful as I expected and that all I wanted was some idea in the fine interpretation not an unwanted lesson grammar, I guess I will go back to the "Clown Bin" at least I learn something about the culture with the sermon.

One last comment, those of you that seem to have their shorts up in a bind, I recommend a brisk walk, really long steps, this should remedy the wedgie and resolve the constipated attitude. :ermm:

Last edited:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Well that'll teach me to keep my mouth shut when people ask for help...

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
KateP said:

I don't think and I hope she wasn't talking about u, 'cause u had the right definition, if she was looking to find out where this quote came from, then that's another story, she's gonna have to be patient for that.

cbello

Nov 19, 2004
KateP said:

KateP,
I am sorry if you felt I was directing my reply to you, I was not. It was just a general comment on some of the replies I got. I sort of knew it was a quote written in popular DR Spanish (different than popular Spanish from other countries). It was more at the tone of earlier replies. I was asking for meaning not for a lecture, which I got

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
cbello said:
KateP,
I am sorry if you felt I was directing my reply to you, I was not. It was just a general comment on some of the replies I got. I sort of knew it was a quote written in popular DR Spanish (different than popular Spanish from other countries). It was more at the tone of earlier replies. I was asking for meaning not for a lecture, which I got

Actually cbello always expect some silly replys like the ones u received, it has happen to all of us at the beginning.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Jesus Christ!!

cbello said:
KateP,
What in hell are you talking about?.

You asked about something and some of us not only told you what it meant but I even went a step further and told you how to word-it (how to spell it).

What else do you want, a medal?.

Ok, that someone said something and put a smiley face after it, big deal.

You got your definition, move on!.

And btw, why don't you worry about THANKING those who helped you.

And M.A.R:

Why don't you stop being such an instigator. At least on this thread, only one comment was made that it can be called out of line but it was made as a joke!!!!!.

Last edited:

cbello

Nov 19, 2004
miguel said:
What in hell are you talking about?.

You asked about something and some of us not only told you what it meant but I even went a step further and told you how to word-it (how to spell it it).

What else do you want, a medal?.

Ok, that someone said something and put a smiley face after it, big deal.

You got your definition, move on!.

And btw, why don't you worry about THANKING those who helped you.

And M.A.R:

Why don't you stop being such an instigator. At least on this thread, only one comment was made that it can be called out of line but it was made as a joke!!!!!.

Miguel,

I think I recognize you from earlier discussion and have a feeling that you did not take the advice about the brisk walk.
Also if you believe that the type of response I got was dignified and respectful and a sign of a well balanced person, I would be inclined to suspect that the condition I described earlier might be permanent for some.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Listen!.

cbello said:
Miguel,

I think I recognize you from earlier discussion and have a feeling that you did not take the advice about the brisk walk.
Also if you believe that the type of response I got was dignified and respectful and a sign of a well balanced person, I would be inclined to suspect that the condition I described earlier might be permanent for some.
Listen to this and listen good:

Go re-read what I wrote to you and please DO NOT forget to read where I wrote: " NOT TRYING TO PUT YOU DOWN, JUST TRYING TO TEACH YOU".

Listen, someone made a joke about you, big deal. Care to know why it's not such a big deal, at least for me?. Here it goes:

When I was a newbie, SOME members would have a "field day" with me. SOME would "gang-up" on me, SOME would conspire with others to give me hell, SOME would call me all the "names in the book", SOME would disrespect my family, SOME would threaten me with bodily harm, one, when my father was almost dying in the hospital, told me in the chatroom, full of members, that he did not cared about my pain and did not cared if my father died. Look at my early posts and you will see what I am talking about.

So you see, I am really NOT that sensitive when it comes to people on a computer site, people that I don't know. Get it?.

With age comes wiseness and I did not get to be "90" by counting my butt's hairs once a week. See, a little joke with some truth in it.

Relax!.

Status
Not open for further replies.