Delta Atl-sti

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
DL has never competed with AA, Most of the legacy airlines are compete with LCC, Like Airtrash and Jetblue. Even American eagle is part of the Delta Connection Carriers in LAX.
there is not sense of delta having a MIA-STI flight, when they will give all conx passenger to AA VS ATL-STI and pax will have the option of more that 1050 daily departure flight, no other airline in the world give you that choice from a single point like the Worldport Atlanta.

Now why ATL-SDQ is doing better than JFK-STI....??? DL do not depend on the Local Dominicans in ATL, they are depending on every passenger.
I had seen a lot of Canadian connecting via ATL to SDQ and a lot of Dominican York also via Atlanta.
They eventually will cover the Caribbean and will help to promote RD around the USA.

You mean Air tran airways?

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
ATL-SDQ
Remember Capital 'e Capital... Lo demas...
Unless Delta offers good prices to pax from NY, MA, PA, etc... They not gonna get that many people to fly fron the U.S. to DR via ATL.
Again, Santiago IS NOT a touristic destination. They just recently opened (I think it did open) a Courtyard Marriot. The hotel they building next to the Fortaleza in the Autopista Duarte is not finished yet.
So what pax are gonna fly to STI from others destinations within the US?
Maybe a few Dominicans living in states other than those in the Northeast, but I don't think they are enough to support daily flights from ATl to STI.
Am I right or wrong?

Is Not being pesimistic, it's just that I don't feel sad if Delta is dropping the route. I never thought it was gonna be successful. Also, why would Delta fly ATL-STI with a CRJ? Remember, WE the Dominicans LOVE to travel with tons of baggage. So imagine this scenario.
40 Pax traveling JFK-STI via ATL and each one is carrying 2 pieces of luggage (50 lbs each) and 2 carry-ons... Mmmm... What would they need then? A CRJ-700? Does Delta operate that model?

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
ATL-SDQ
Remember Capital 'e Capital... Lo demas...
Unless Delta offers good prices to pax from NY, MA, PA, etc... They not gonna get that many people to fly fron the U.S. to DR via ATL.
Again, Santiago IS NOT a touristic destination. They just recently opened (I think it did open) a Courtyard Marriot. The hotel they building next to the Fortaleza in the Autopista Duarte is not finished yet.
So what pax are gonna fly to STI from others destinations within the US?
Maybe a few Dominicans living in states other than those in the Northeast, but I don't think they are enough to support daily flights from ATl to STI.
Am I right or wrong?

Is Not being pesimistic, it's just that I don't feel sad if Delta is dropping the route. I never thought it was gonna be successful. Also, why would Delta fly ATL-STI with a CRJ? Remember, WE the Dominicans LOVE to travel with tons of baggage. So imagine this scenario.
40 Pax traveling JFK-STI via ATL and each one is carrying 2 pieces of luggage (50 lbs each) and 2 carry-ons... Mmmm... What would they need then? A CRJ-700? Does Delta operate that model?

Hola.
Delta will operate a B-737-800 from Atl, they never mention CRJ to STI.
And you are right STI is not a tourist destination, is becoming a industrial destination. And yes Delta operate CRJ-40, CRJ-50 and CRJ-70.
But those plane wont be good to operate into DR.