Delta to sti

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Samana1 said:
Delta Air Lines will fly this summer from JFK to STI, Delta Air Lines are also promoting Santiago and Santo Domingo to New York JFK routes

they have reduced flights on JFK-SDQ from 2 daily to 1 daily (B763)

Departing at 11:00am from New York and 4:05pm from Santo Domingo

Since American Airlines have 5 daily on JFK-SDQ , Delta reduced frequency and connections flights are difficult now with Spirit that has 4 daily flights FLL-SDQ in December 2004.

JetBlue will increase flights on JFK-STI from 1 daily to 2 daily this summer.

US Airways will have 1weekly SDQ-PHL only on Saturdays by A319 and daily FLL-SDQ on A319

I really hope the same that we start that JFK-sti services as we are on the local news in RD. As far as Delta Worldport, we still waiting for a yes from (ALPA) Pilots Union and Delta Network...mean all ACS Group/ Technical Operation Group/Cargo Group.
But believe me i will do my best to make it happend on april 3er or the 5th.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Latino2002 said:
I really hope the same that we start that JFK-sti services as we are on the local news in RD. As far as Delta Worldport, we still waiting for a yes from (ALPA) Pilots Union and Delta Network...mean all ACS Group/ Technical Operation Group/Cargo Group.
But believe me i will do my best to make it happend on april 3er or the 5th.

Thanks and keep at it on the ATL-SDQ/STI route as well.

There's plenty of Dominicans in ATL. I wonder if Delta even recognizes that in it's homebase. I'm very sure if a flight direct to DR from ATL was in existence, it would have a high seating %. The people in the Carolinas, GA, TN, & North Florida would fly it w/o a doubt. There is a market for it. That flying to JFK or MIA gets old really quickly.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
toneloc24 said:
Thanks and keep at it on the ATL-SDQ/STI route as well.

There's plenty of Dominicans in ATL. I wonder if Delta even recognizes that in it's homebase. I'm very sure if a flight direct to DR from ATL was in existence, it would have a high seating %. The people in the Carolinas, GA, TN, & North Florida would fly it w/o a doubt. There is a market for it. That flying to JFK or MIA gets old really quickly.
Yup, I agree, latino2002 lives in atlanta and he knows there is a huge dominican presence in stlanta area alone. if you take the neighboring cities / states in to account, delta would have a plane full everyday to SDQ and STI. Who would have thought delta would put 2 non stop flights from ATL to costa rica? Have you seen their passenger load factor to Buenos aires, lima and santiago chile? Non-revenue passengers are advised not to board those planes. So I am sure DR flight from atl will do just fine.
Keep up the good work delta and lets hope delta survives these current economical crisis.
AZB

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Have to agree on that!!!

AZB said:
Yup, I agree, latino2002 lives in atlanta and he knows there is a huge dominican presence in stlanta area alone. if you take the neighboring cities / states in to account, delta would have a plane full everyday to SDQ and STI. Who would have thought delta would put 2 non stop flights from ATL to costa rica? Have you seen their passenger load factor to Buenos aires, lima and santiago chile? Non-revenue passengers are advised not to board those planes. So I am sure DR flight from atl will do just fine.
Keep up the good work delta and lets hope delta survives these current economical crisis.
AZB

Very true........ Dominicans don't just live in Florida & New York...

Latino 2002, Delta is a great addition for the STI customer to fly to JFK, JetBlue is doing great here and late at night so i definetly think that Delta can do great in STI..... Thanks for all the info too...

STIOP

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hey guys you know our loads from JFK to sdq...was not very good compare with AA/B6.
I was talking to our latin america director i mention about ATL-SDQ, but they dont believe it will work for right.

Delta was looking to flight san juan to santo domingo, but they have some aircraft and crew issue's.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Latino2002 said:
Hey guys you know our loads from JFK to sdq...was not very good compare with AA/B6.
I was talking to our latin america director i mention about ATL-SDQ, but they dont believe it will work for right.

Delta was looking to flight san juan to santo domingo, but they have some aircraft and crew issue's.

What delta is going to do in Dominican republic, are they going to stay in dominican republic for a long time or are they leaving the country just like many other airlines like North american,Air santo domingo etc?

Santobonao2005

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2004
They are staying

I think that Delta is going to stay in the dominican republic because that is what the dominican republic needs. Delta is like another American airlines at maybe a little cheaper fare. North American was just not good. Jet Blue is nice but their schedule and NO FOOD might not help them alot especially in the dominican market. If Delta airlines combines customer service scheduling or in other words imitates American Airlines it will be fun to see the competition between the two. GO COMPETION = lower fares and much better service