Diesel & Gasoline: Now What?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: Geez Tom!!!!

Timex said:
I know your upset ... but your writing looks like your blood pressure is about to blow an artery. Grab a bottle of Vino ... don't forget to grab some time in the jacuzzi!
Tim, ask Crista. I talk like this all the time privately. :: smile :: But seriously, I take my work seriously. It's been hard getting here. I have a big programming project underway thatwill pay big dividends in 2004 and I can't buy 6 gallons of diesel to make electrcity to keep working because a) the government is not making electricity and b) they don't want to pay their bills for petroleum, and nwo won't let me by it either? Please. Whose blood pressure wouldn't go up? They made the bed and now we have to lie in it is I guess the new Bald Hippo version of the oldproverb.

As to the wine, my poor demented Doctor thought that would not be a good thing for my infection. He suggested something called, ah, tea? Never heard of it. And hot chocolate? Who does he think he's dealing with here. He even tsk-tsked at my alternate section of a good hot rum and honey toddy with lemo. The fool. So on the way home I bought two bottles of champagne for later. That'll show him who's boss!

And Tim,. thanks,but I'll pass on 'grabbing time' in the jacuzzi. As far as I can tell from reading your posts that's the responsibility of either you or Mrs. Timex. Grabbing timeex that is!

Tom (aka XR)

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Chris,

I understand; you're doing an amazing job, and you do have amazing views.

Incidentally I asked today about our diesel supply, and apparently we have a supplier for the building and there is no problems for us to get diesel refuels.

My one risk is that the people in the building will change their minds and decide to not pay for gas. I already talked with a couple of them and it seems that won't happen. But, I can run my own generator in that scenario anyways, although its obviously not very desirable.

If only we had proper electricity in this country!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We are having problems getting diesel which is in effecting the planta run time in our building. Lucky the inverter is nice and big!

The joys of living in paradise, wouldn't change it for the world :)

Mel Laird

*** Sin Bin ***
Jul 18, 2003
Red or Blue?

Just a possibility, but here in the "first world" (USA), Red tanks can only legally be filled with gasoline and blue is Diesel????

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Ha Ha Ha ha ha!

Mel Laird said:
Just a possibility, but here in the "first world" (USA), Red tanks can only legally be filled with gasoline and blue is Diesel????
Oh you sissy-pants 1st worlders. What's next? Some silly law requiring Dominicans to drive on only one side of the road or the other? Or making us have to stop like EVERY time we hit and kill a motoconnshisto each day? Geez!

Besides, they already have something like that. See XR's Dominican Republic Huelga Tips

Tom (aka XR)

Mel Laird

*** Sin Bin ***
Jul 18, 2003
Re: Ha Ha Ha ha ha!

XanaduRanch said:
Oh you sissy-pants 1st worlders. What's next? Some silly law requiring Dominicans to drive on only one side of the road or the other? Or making us have to stop like EVERY time we hit and kill a motoconnshisto each day? Geez!

Besides, they already have something like that. See XR's Dominican Republic Huelga Tips

Tom (aka XR)

We "sissy pants First Worlders" use the color coded system of petro products to prevent myopic weather weenies from putting Gasoline in their diesel generators :)

CloggieBoots

Jan 17, 2004
www.caribbeanwizard.com
here today, gone tomorrow

In Bayahibe we have caught people selling their two stroke engine oil, supplied for their outboard engines, stealing oil for diesel engines and mixing that with the gasoline. Got some money today, can run today, who cares about tomorrow?

CB.

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
gasolin situation, Sosua - Cabarete

Coastal and Texaco ran out of gas yesterday evening/night and are closed (Coastal's great grocery still open of course). I heard that Esso still has some gas this morning.
My car is full, so I should be fine for this week. Any inside info, when this might be 'back to normal'? Should I get the horses and bicycles ready soon?
How is the rest of the country doing?

quaqualita