Ding Recharge

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
I have used them for a while but the exchange rate is horrible and then they add a service charge.
I just bought 336 pesos for 8$ and the a 1.24 service charge.
Anyone know any better sites

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Question...am I wrong but don't most people have cell phone plans/wifi? I didn't realize that buying minutes is still popular? But I guess it serves its purpose.

Reactions: johne

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Question...am I wrong but don't most people have cell phone plans/wifi? I didn't realize that buying minutes is still popular? But I guess it serves its purpose.

I think people who have plans are in the minority here.

Reactions: keepcoming

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
recharge is more $$ by my math.......sure the fee is less.... but the minutes are more......... alot more
The OP said he gets 336 pesos for $8. 336/8 = 42 pesos/USD

With Recharge you get 280 pesos for $5. 280/5 = 56 pesos/USD.

According to my math, Recharge is much better.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
I think people who have plans are in the minority here.
I had no idea...we have 3 plans one of which we do not use unless we are moving/traveling about in the DR. I know all about recharging as we have done it in the past. Maybe it is time to look into it again for at least one of our lines.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
I agree with you but curious "what purpose""?
As in does not want a plan, in/out of the DR, traveling in the DR, or in Ken's case just helping someone keep their phone/minutes active.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I live here full time and have zero need for a plan. I make most of my calls from home on WhatsApp which is free. Any calls when I'm out and about I make a point of keeping them short. I use less than 10 minutes a month. If I have to make a lot of calls when I'm away from home for some reason, I can buy a paquetico for 49 pesos and talk for as long as I want on WhatsApp for 24 hours.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I live here full time and have zero need for a plan. I make most of my calls from home on WhatsApp which is free. Any calls when I'm out and about I make a point of keeping them short. I use less than 10 minutes a month. If I have to make a lot of calls when I'm away from home for some reason, I can buy a paquetico for 49 pesos and talk for as long as I want on WhatsApp for 24 hours.
Correction: Less than $10 dollars a month. Usually closer to $5.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
As in does not want a plan, in/out of the DR, traveling in the DR, or in Ken's case just helping someone keep their phone/minutes active.
Got it thanks. I was guessing some plans with due diligence might be cheaper in the long run. No frills, etc just a wifi connection to WhatsApp and talk all day long .

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Download Altice/Claro app, ask your GF for the 4 digit code connected to her phone number, that is used to use digital services, such as buying paqueticos (if she doesn't know, ask her to go to the nearest store of her service provider for help). Follow the instructions in the app to be able to connect the account, and then you can add minutes/paqueticos directly on her phone number without any 3rd party service provider and pay nothing extra.