Dios mio!... I wanna live in RD! :D

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
This is the creme de la creme of pineapples very large from a supplier who selects his frout carefully - yes I should have skimped 50 cents by walking further, examinig more fruit etc.

If course in Europe and the USA people do internships for free to get experience to put on their CV - very worthwhile.
It is expected that starting saleries will not be good with candidates limited experience in the DR - but $75 dollars or so for a share in an apartment, a couple of beers $1 each - money is also hard to spend.
Different people have different ways to finance their lifestyle in the DR longterm. I know some take a winter contract in Switzerland and this enables them to save for their $150 a dollar rent shared between two in the DR through the long summer months when they run a business in the DR. One suspects they will be ready to buy in the DR soon.

Certainly a contract is a good way to finance - it worked for me and for a friend who took a year off to travel round the world and stay in various contries.

If you have skills a remote contract is good - conference via Skype etc. Sometimes there are tax advantages.

pi2

One flew over the cuckoo's nest!!!! Where's a moderator when you need one?

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
One flew over the cuckoo's nest!!!! Where's a moderator when you need one?

Switzerland uses many temporary/contract staff during the winter tourist season. EU citizens can work there without formality. Of course the incentive of the DR is that it is possible to acquire a business for about 3% of the Swiss prices

One can always start in a low paid position. But I have observed that some gringo ex-pats make rapid progress and land a better job at a leading hotel. Experience gained there can lead to a job in a very well paid part of the World. A South African and a Colombian I have known follow this route.

There is of course much value in mixing with a wide range of people for someone with say management ambitions.

Of course famously the Beetles slept 4 to a room and played in an area famous for prostitutes in their late teenage years. I don,t know their salery but it must have been $-----.

I am taking about someone in their 20,s.

P.S. I ,ve heard that the Chinese have just finished surveying the Dark Side of the Moon. Mis - information will go away.

pi2

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
They can't, you need 500+ post to get access to the Off Topic forum.

Kewl...I feel like VIP now.

I'm disappointed with Pi2...I would have expected him to grow his own all organic pineapples with composted material from the nearest letrina...:p

onesweetcrow

Dec 23, 2007
dear op,

I'll not digress as many have, just say I spent fair amount of time in those areas you mentioned and would have a few thoughts and suggestions in general about living in those areas if you want to pm me.