Discharging Firearm

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I live in Santiago, can I go to my backyard and do some "target practice", is that legal?

Just let me know what neighborhood you live in...................
So I can stay out of it.............
You aren't serious...............or are you...........

B in Santiago

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
You could join Club Amaprosan, Autopista Duarte who have a gun club that meets every Sunday morning here in Santiago.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Based on history, going to a bar and shooting it in the sky sometimes goes un-penalized, although a sick idea!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And the answer is: NO you cannot.

There is at least two shooting ranges.

Go to Santiago Vega at the corner of Texas and Calle 10 (One block down from Hotel Gran Almirante and kitty-corner from Hotel Jardines)...He can tell you all about the shooting range...From what I have been told, they do a good job there.

HB

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Go to Santiago Vega at the corner of Texas and Calle 10 (One block down from Hotel Gran Almirante and kitty-corner from Hotel Jardines)...

HB

They have "Big" cats where I come from.

We always say: Catty Corner.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Potatoes, tomatoes...I knew I missed it, but kitty and katty...well you get the idea???

Thanks...

HB

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
At least HB didn't tell him it was pussy(kitty that is)-corner from the Hotel Jardines.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I know more than a few persons that discharge their weapon into the ground in their backyard.

All of them say they're just "advertising" - letting the tigueres know there's guns in the house.

I thought they did that to make sure everyone knew it was night time.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I know more than a few persons that discharge their weapon into the ground in their backyard.

All of them say they're just "advertising" - letting the tigueres know there's guns in the house.

The watchymen in our area fire off a round or two just to alert each other.. advertising works wonders.

I endorse the idea..

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

We must know several of the same people JD.

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
Size of the property and location would matter. I stay current with regular practice and "advertise" when appropriate. But, I'm not in a city or town.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I sure hope if the watchmen are "advertising" their firearms they are discharging them into the ground. Firing in the air seems more dramatic but...what goes up must come down!

I fire my pistol and shotguns at my ranch. I give the local police a heads up, of course, so they don't think Haiti is invading or anything.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Discharging firearms at midnight was A New Year's tradition in Philadelphia.

So many people were killed or injured by the bullet's return to earth that it has now been outlawed.

Those injured launched Class Action suits against Isaac Newton and Gravity itself.

Their case had little gravity - they were denied.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Discharging firearms at midnight was A New Year's tradition in Philadelphia.

So many people were killed or injured by the bullet's return to earth that it has now been outlawed.

Those injured launched Class Action suits against Isaac Newton and Gravity itself.

Their case had little gravity - they were denied.

If they really shot their guns straight up into the air, no one would have been killed. The danger happens when you shoot at an angle other than straight up.