Dishwasher

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
We own a dishwasher which is not operating properly. We have a plumber and handyman but neither is familiar with dishwashers. We are looking for a plumber with experience in dishwasher issues to check ours out. We are located in Cabarete. Thank you

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
Small water leak at the base of the unit while it is on the wash or rinse cycle
Dishes don’t seem to be getting cleaned on the upper rack

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
The hard water here will wreak havoc on a dishwasher unless it's filtered. I've installed many but not here.

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
It could possibly be the seal but it doesn’t remove like the video and I would prefer someone with expertise to do it so if anyone has a plumber who has worked on dishwashers let me know. Thank you.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It could possibly be the seal but it doesn’t remove like the video and I would prefer someone with expertise to do it so if anyone has a plumber who has worked on dishwashers let me know. Thank you.
If it is leaking from a hose that's an easy fix. If it is a cracked fitting or the tub itself it's not likely fixable. The upper rack not washing sounds like a plugged line since on pump pushes all the water.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Plumbers don't fix dishwashers they install them, you need an appliance repair person.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
When I lived in England, a dishwasher was considered as an essential appliance. Everyone has one and can't imagine life without one. When we moved here, we felt like we needed a dishwasher as well. We removed one of our kitchen cabinets and installed a Teco dishwasher. It was great to start with, but we found that we used it less and less. Especially now that we have someone who we could never dream of having in the UK, a maid.

Our dishwasher just became a hotel for cockroaches. When we remodelled the kitchen we got rid of it. And to be honest, if you calculate the time it takes to load the dishwasher and unload it, the time in-between to wash the up isn't that much of a chore.

Reactions: johne and JD Jones

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
Plumbers don't fix dishwashers they install them, you need an appliance repair person.
In the US or Canada yes. Here every appliance repair place refers to repairing refrigerators, stoves, washer, dryers and air conditioners. Dishwashers aren’t in their vocabulary.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I have top of the line one in apartment. In three years we used this less than 2 weeks. Now it just sits gathering mold which I treat with a rinse and some Clorox. We just don't want dishes sitting there after a meal. It's just not sanitary. For new house plans NOT even considered.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have top of the line one in apartment. In three years we used this less than 2 weeks. Now it just sits gathering mold which I treat with a rinse and some Clorox. We just don't want dishes sitting there after a meal. It's just not sanitary. For new house plans NOT even considered.

We shipped down a full size portable dishwasher with a butcher block top. On wheels, snapped onto faucet. Used it a couple of times, then it sat. And sat. Until one day the man in the truck who buys old appliances got it out of my way.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones and johne