Do-it-Yourself Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure

jfk66

Dec 31, 2004
How much was the cedula for 10 years? I am getting my definitive residencia next week and will go to the new cedula place to get my cedula. It used to be that you can only apply in person, there is no online platform and you have to pay in cash (unlike the residencia where you can do everything online). Is this still the case and how much is it now?...many thanks.
Hi, I paid by credit card. The total for the cedula was 12K pesos but it had expired since last April. The cost of the definitive residency was 35K pesos same expiration, that I paid online.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Hi, I paid by credit card. The total for the cedula was 12K pesos but it had expired since last April. The cost of the definitive residency was 35K pesos same expiration, that I paid online.
Hi...thanks for responding. Yeah, the definitive is 28K which I paid online (it only expired this month so no late fees), I just was not sure of the cost of the cedula now.

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
called twice today. said they would send it twice, no dice. gotta wait to charges are posted to dispute. just lock my card til tomorrw.
Their website now doesn't work. Go figure, right? Do you still have their phone number?

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Breaking News: I called Seguros Crecer to ask about the insurance, and as of the first of March, they no longer are doing it. If anyone finds out from Migracion who now is providing these policies, please let us know. I might stop by the sum-migracion office in POP tomorrow to see what they say

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

sosuadr

Aug 17, 2014
Breaking News: I called Seguros Crecer to ask about the insurance, and as of the first of March, they no longer are doing it. If anyone finds out from Migracion who now is providing these policies, please let us know. I might stop by the sum-migracion office in POP tomorrow to see what they say
Any news? I found a working crecer website, but no functional support chat, or offering for migration insurance.

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Any news? I found a working crecer website, but no functional support chat, or offering for migration insurance.
I called the sub-migracion office in POP yesterday and followed up this morning - still no answer to the question.

sosuadr

Aug 17, 2014
I called the sub-migracion office in POP yesterday and followed up this morning - still no answer to the question.
I sent in an email to
info@migracion.gob.do

Letting them know the links from both of their "official" websites are not working.

que seguro utilizar para 2024?​

Qual compania uso ahora para el seguro de migracion?

No funciona: https://seguroscrecer.argento.do/dgm/
desde aqui: https://migracion.gob.do/servicio/renovacion-residencia-temporal-ordinaria-rt-9/

Igual es no function:
https://www.segurosreservas.com/SegurosdePersonas/Pages/Respaldo-Migratorio-.aspx
desde aqui: https://personal.migracion.gob.do/Application/Guide

I also tried the "ayuda" help support on crecer website (Not the link above, but their actual website https://www.seguroscrecer.com/) it is not working.

Later I will call Migration directly in Santo Domingo. 809-508-2555 Ext. 2043

Saying all this... I am just doing it for "fun", I do not need to reapply right now. As the saying goes "someone" should do "something"!
I am a someone.

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
I sent in an email to
info@migracion.gob.do

Letting them know the links from both of their "official" websites are not working.

que seguro utilizar para 2024?​

Qual compania uso ahora para el seguro de migracion?

No funciona: https://seguroscrecer.argento.do/dgm/
desde aqui: https://migracion.gob.do/servicio/renovacion-residencia-temporal-ordinaria-rt-9/

Igual es no function:
https://www.segurosreservas.com/SegurosdePersonas/Pages/Respaldo-Migratorio-.aspx
desde aqui: https://personal.migracion.gob.do/Application/Guide

I also tried the "ayuda" help support on crecer website (Not the link above, but their actual website https://www.seguroscrecer.com/) it is not working.

Later I will call Migration directly in Santo Domingo. 809-508-2555 Ext. 2043

Saying all this... I am just doing it for "fun", I do not need to reapply right now. As the saying goes "someone" should do "something"!
I am a someone.
I have to wonder about your sense of fun :ROFLMAO: Hope you can get the answer, thanks

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
DGM is unable to use the same insurance company for more than one year. I think they did use Seguros Patria for two(?).

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
DGM is unable to use the same insurance company for more than one year. I think they did use Seguros Patria for two(?).
If they're required to change every year, that definitely needs to change. I would think the companies would be happy to provide the service - they would almost never have to pay out on a policy.

Reactions: drstock and cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If they're required to change every year, that definitely needs to change. I would think the companies would be happy to provide the service - they would almost never have to pay out on a policy.
I didn't mean to imply they're required to change every year. Not really sure why they do(?). I just checked my records and DGM used Patria for 3 years in a row.

sosuadr

Aug 17, 2014
I have to wonder about your sense of fun :ROFLMAO: Hope you can get the answer, thanks

Atencion Al Usuario​

12:22 PM (58 minutes ago)
to me

Here is the responsee direct from Migration: they say don't worry about it make your application leave it blank.

Buenos días,

En la actualidad no estamos manejando una póliza de seguros, puede realizar su solicitud vía el portal dejarla en modificación asta nuevo aviso.
Disculpe los inconvenientes.

Servicio Atención al Usuario
Dirección General de Migración
Autopista 30 de Mayo, esq. Héroes de Luperón
TEL.: +1 (809) 508-2555, EXT. 0
@DGMRD
Migración.gob.do

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018

Atencion Al Usuario​

12:22 PM (58 minutes ago)
to me

Here is the responsee direct from Migration: they say don't worry about it make your application leave it blank.

Buenos días,

En la actualidad no estamos manejando una póliza de seguros, puede realizar su solicitud vía el portal dejarla en modificación asta nuevo aviso.
Disculpe los inconvenientes.

Servicio Atención al Usuario
Dirección General de Migración
Autopista 30 de Mayo, esq. Héroes de Luperón
TEL.: +1 (809) 508-2555, EXT. 0
@DGMRD
Migración.gob.do
I guess I'll finish up the other items to upload and see what happens - thanks!

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I just renewed my residencia and cedula yesterday for 10 years. For the residencia, everything was done online including the payment, no issues there. I had an appointment for 8.30am. Got there at 8.00am and my number was called 20 minutes later to deposit paperwork. They then said that they would call me when it was my turn to do the photo and biometrics. That took about an hour until they called me. At 9.45 they said that they would call my name to collect my card. I watched people that were ahead of me and that were behind me go and collect their cards. After an hour I said that there must be an issue as so many people that were behind me had already received their cards. They kept on saying that the process sometimes takes longer and I just had to wait. After another 30 minutes I went to them again and said that there must be a problem, I have watched people arrive in the last 45 minutes that have deposited their paperwork, done the biometrics and receive their card. They finally said that they would look into it. Another 30 minutes went past and still nothing. Another person went to investigate and told me that they were looking for my paperwork! Finally, at 12.30pm, after me watching at least 100 people that arrived after me receive their cards, I finally received my 10 year residencia....so at least I don't have to go through that process for another 10 years. I went to do my cedula (now in a new location) and I was done in less than 10 minutes! The cedula process has always been a pleasurable experience compared to the residencia!

Reactions: qphotonyc and cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Not as bad as tee, but many times it seems to take an unnecessarily long time after getting the finger prints and foto before the residency card is printed - minimum 45 minutes, once 2 hours. At JCE, I get my cedula in max of ten minutes after the finger printing and foto.

Reactions: tee

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Based on the advice Sosuadr received, and what the Migracion office in POP also said, I uploaded my documents for temporary residency renewal today. In the place of the insurance, I uploaded my passport in that slot too (cannot leave it empty). So, now we wait to see what happens!

Reactions: zeferus

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
I just purchased my guarantee policy online with Seguros Reserva. Very easy, paid with a credit card and downloaded the policy immediately. Two things to note: there was no option to choose "Estado Unidos" in the "nacionalidad" drop-down menu. I called and was advised to choose "Ciudadano Norteamericano". And second, the phone number on the website was not correct. I was advised to call 809-338-0735, option 1.

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
After uploading the first page of my guarantee policy, Migracion responded today that I needed to upload the page with the QR code. Well, there was no such page in the documentation I had, so I called Seguros Reserva at the number in my previous post, and they e-mailed me a few items, one of which was a billing page which has the QR code. An easy fix, but when you don't know exactly what Migracion wants, it can be frustrating. One more thing - I had to delete the document I had uploaded before I could then upload this one.

Reactions: zeferus and cavok