Do "Nice" Dominicanas ever ask for money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
If this goes on much longer she may tell you to forget it jajajajajajajajaja i personally think its being analyzed too much, but that is me. You are going to do what you want to do anyway.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
She could be a nice girl....with a pushy family. Remember, just like friends and people at a forum can get in your head, she will also have people and family members trying to get in her head, telling her to seize the opportunity= you.

Sometimes it's a couple of family members that get in the way! They may try to make the girl or the guy in a relationship with a foreign person feel guilty that he or she is enjoying gifts, nice dinners, trips, financial security, while the rest of the family is struggling and can barely eat.

So, meet the family and see how things go!

May 12, 2005
In my experience all - ALL - Dominicans eventually ask for money at some point - one way or the other - male and female. Once a certain level of familiarity has been reached - they all do it. Unless, independently wealthy or from a rich family (less than 1%).

The simple assumption is this: Your flight and vacation cost what it take them 3-5 months to earn - assuming they even have a real job; therefore you are rich (subconcious and conscious)

In a sense. you are relatively speaking: you can spend that kind of money purely on pleasure and not the necessities of life.

They are compelled to ask - it's not a character flaw - it's instinct - imagine you dating a woman you knew to be a multi-millionairess - eventually you'd ask for something - if not money then maybe help with an investment or some such.

Furthermore, women in general (equate giving extended access to their bodies as something that will be compensated for either by way of commitment, money, security, status,......its always something and never truly free with them - unless the interaction is purely casual).

So the only question you need to ask is: what does she provide for you ?? and is that worth the money/time/energy/ investment - that she is asking ?? - is the interaction mutually beneficial after factoring in all your costs ?? if the answer is yes, then proceed. If and when is ceases to be, then leave.

Remember, the one thing Dominicans are not is romantic. So remove your thoughts from the realm of the romantic and to the realm of the practical. It is to be expected that if she has a gringo or man with means in her life, that he will be helping her - what she really actually spends it on is up to her. And don't think that giving money or not giving affects her fidelity - it doesn't (rationality being another trait that they don't have in abundance).

Sorry that you are so jaded and have bad experiences with Dominican women. Must be looking in all the wrong places. My wife came from a barely middle class family and she was living on her own when we met and she never asked for as much as a penny.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Hay capton - on second thought maybe I well spend a night , if she well let me in .hahaha . Lets flip this do nice men ask for sex after 3 mounths of dating ? Come on to recap we already lirned that there is a lack of romance in the DR . We also know she Cant afford to live alone . We now know that there are meny diffrences in culture'$ for a lot of different reasons . Bottom line do hungry people ask for food ? It is a poor country after all . In less u are in politics lol . Ooooo and it is the holiday'$ after all . If you are looking for a girl or even a frend that well not ask you for at least a penny the rong place that you are looking is the DR .

Dec 26, 2011
I apply pressure. Pressure will either make the thing it's applied to crack or reveal a diamond in time.

Ask questions. Lots of them. To the point of being annoying. Invite her to do the same.

Mariot

Oct 13, 2009
. If you are looking for a girl or even a frend that well not ask you for at least a penny the rong place that you are looking is the DR .

Of all the Dominicans I consider friends, only one ever asked me for money. And when I started asking around in order to find out if he was in financial difficulties, those who knew him got really angry and called him a "maldito mono". Why? The reason is self respect. They hate the idea that foreigners might think of Dominicans as third world leeches who cannot take care of themselves and depend on gullible gringos to make ends meet. So i guess it depends on the company you keep. The DR is not a bad place to look for friends. Relationships on the other hand are difficult because of cultural differences. Still, I think if you're not married or in a very very long term relationship, no self respecting Dominican woman would ask you for money that she cannot pay you back asap, especially not for regular payments. But than again, I stay clear of girls expecting me to spend money on them no matter where I am. I almost spilled my drink when some woman in here suggested that spending at least 350 dollars on three dates was normal. If I want to buy a woman, I can get a prositute and get right to the point of the arrangement, instead of going through the hassles of dating. [video=youtube;Qo5pKujkubE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo5pKujkubE[/video]

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
I tend to agree with the outside pressure comments, as up to this point the request seems out of character....
That said she has rejected my request to talk about it in two weeks (when I arrive) and is more or less demanding I send money (she never stated how much and my wallet is on lock down).
....So the cats out of the bag and if my girl was a "nice girl", seems things change rapidly in the DR......Kudos to those of you who nailed it with so little info...needless to say I am amazed and exiting stage left.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I tend to agree with the outside pressure comments, as up to this point the request seems out of character....
That said she has rejected my request to talk about it in two weeks (when I arrive) and is more or less demanding I send money (she never stated how much and my wallet is on lock down).
....So the cats out of the bag and if my girl was a "nice girl", seems things change rapidly in the DR......Kudos to those of you who nailed it with so little info...needless to say I am amazed and exiting stage left.

Damn, kudos to you tooooo

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ba5DEa3KB3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.