Do women love abusive men? Does this exist in the DR?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
wolfdiablo said:
I believe very strongly in women's rights and, as a therapist, have worked with many abused women. No woman EVER loves being abused but because of power and control reasons, they convince themselves that they "love" the abusive person they are with. No one seeks abuse for the sake of the abuse itself. Ever.
This paragraph says it all. Larry never stated that women seek abuse for the sake of abuse, and by your own admission, you talk about women seeking out abusive men, which in short translates right back to what Larry said in the first place.
Sooooooooooo.... Your real issue is about being politically correct.
You didn't like the WAY he said it.
Being that Larry is not a therapist, he chose the easiest common way to say it.
You may find that DR1ers are less politically correct than their Northern counterparts who really have to watch their P's & Q's, lest someone sue their arses off.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
My 2 cheles!

I will say this and please do not get on my fricking back and if any have the need to attack what I'll say, SAVE IT!.

There comes a time that some of us just GIVE UP when it come to warning women, mostly, when it come to being abused by a sankie or a male.

All we need to do is read the many, many, many threads about women being abused verbally, physically or mentally, and that woman taking it in order to realize that Larry's comment is NOTHING compared to what many feel like telling some of these abused women.

Yes, we can tell someone, until we are blue on the face, not to do a certain thing and no sooner you end giving this person some advices, that same person is hopping into a plane to see her abusive partner.

Yes, some women and men (but we are talking about a female now) can not help but find themselves in situations where they are so used to being abused that they mistake being abused for being loved.

No, I don't think that ANYBODY likes to be abused but there are some that would not do anything to help their causes since many of us are guilty of thinking with our hearts and not our heads.

Make a trip to "memory lane" (threads) where some of us tell a member time and time again what's wrong with their "love" only to have that member spit on our faces and not take our advices because we are "always wrong". And them, after following their hearts, go to the DR, be treated like crap by her "love" and them come here to tell us that we were right and then dissapear into the sunset.

Wolfdiablo, I must tell you that I know what you are talking about and I DO respect your views and opinions. I respect the fact that you are passionate on what you believe in.You are on your right to debate ANYBODY'S post here and do not let ANYBODY tells you otherwise.

That said, remember that some of us are just sick and tired of offering advices and trying to help someone only to have that person do the opposite and after doing the opposite, prove us right. It happens all the time and that's the reason why some of us would say EXACTLY what Larry said.

But, as I said before, I do understand you and I have much respect for you. Honest!!.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
wolfdiablo said:
Larry, I apologize if the comment came across as if I was accusing you of verbal abuse. That was not the intent at all. I meant that it has happened on this forum in the past.

Well the only thing you accomplished was you completely sidetracked the thread. The thread was about trying to explain a few things to Sunnie but you made the thread about YOU and how YOU would prefer certain things were phrased. The end result of your selfish nonsense was that Anna was forced to split the thread and the train we were all on became derailed. Nice going!

Larry

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
wolfdiablo said:
Really? Well, excuse me for being a woman who would take offense at such a sexist statement. I do not know Larry, he may be the greatest guy in the world. However, I repeat, we should be conscious of our language. The last time I checked, this was a public forum and I think offering feedback on a statement like that is responsible, not an intent to cause trouble.

The statement was not irresponsible and it was not sexist. Take the chip off your femminist shoulder and read the statement for it's intended meaning. Larry doesn't have to be politically correct to suit you. Many women seem to go back to abusive relationship or go into a new absive relationship.Of course there are physcological reasons for this, no one will dispute this. People will continue to have realtionships with people they know are no good for them regardless of anything we say to them, and I told you so doesn't stop them from making the same mistakes over and over again.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
bob saunders said:
. Many women seem to go back to abusive relationship or go into a new absive relationship.Of course there are physcological reasons for this, no one will dispute this. People will continue to have realtionships with people they know are no good for them regardless of anything we say to them, and I told you so doesn't stop them from making the same mistakes over and over again.

I thought since wolfie is a therapist I would give her the oppertunity to have a reasonable discussion about this subject. Maybe explain the reasons why some women keep attracting the same guy but in different pants or in another country. Maybe she could explain the attraction to sankies when these same girls wouldn't give the time of day to the same type of guy back home. Or would they? Do they sound more appealing with an accent?

But it seems she only wanted to take a piece out of Larry. ;)

Come on wolfie I'm giving you a chance here. Your only posts are in the sankie forums so make this count and act like the therapist you say you are.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Free speech

Larry said:
Well the only thing you accomplished was you completely sidetracked the thread. The thread was about trying to explain a few things to Sunnie but you made the thread about YOU and how YOU would prefer certain things were phrased. The end result of your selfish nonsense was that Anna was forced to split the thread and the train we were all on became derailed. Nice going! Larry
wolfdiablo recognized and stated that this is a PUBLIC forum where one can express an opinion freely. BUT, what authority do you have to rebuke Larry for expressing his opinion?

It seems to me that you think you are the only one allowed to freely express your opinion as you are the subject matter EXPERT (sometime ago, I heard a definition of what an expert is, which goes like this, "An expert is someone who acquires more and more knowledge of less and less, until they know absolutely everything about nothing). :classic:

calbano

Aug 11, 2005
wolfdiablo said:
I believe very strongly in women's rights and, as a therapist, have worked with many abused women. No woman EVER loves being abused but because of power and control reasons, they convince themselves that they "love" the abusive person they are with. No one seeks abuse for the sake of the abuse itself. Ever.

I believe this is very much on topic. As I have stated previously,I think that many of the attitudes here towards women who have been taken in by sankies are unsupportive and demeaning. I think women here are seen as unable to have the intelligence and wisdom to be decent judges of character. You talk about wanting to take care of people here and maybe you do that, after you have beaten them down and verbally abused them. That may not have happened in this thread but I've certainly seen it happen in this forum.

I am sure Larry probably didn't mean that comment the way it came out. I just think we need to be cautious about the language we use sometimes.
unfortantly there are women who do enjoy it .. They havw a minority of people, quit large of BDSM.. The love phyicall and mentall abuse. But I do have to agree if you spend time talking you find out there is always a underlying problem in there past. Sadly anough it also is There problem ,usually not the men. Most abusers get dumped. calbano

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Women and men develope beahviour patterns and dysfunctionalities. Sounds like wolfie has some knowledge and skills as a therapist but she needed to get off her feminist horse and understand that we are all on the same team.

Ive got lots of experience in this area as well. Women who have abusive pasts will repeat the patterns until they realize they have issues, seek help and make life changes. Until they do - they are ripe for picking by our sankies! The same applies to men who get taken by sankiettes. But lets stick with women.

They do not consciously go looking for abuse. They do not consciously go looking to be hurt, trampled, used financially, get STD's etc.. they are needy women for whatever reason. They are gullible, they are vulnerable and it happens all the time.

The reality is that we who understand what is going on can tell them until we are blue in the face. They don't want to know. When they are ready, they will figure it out.

It is hugely frustrating to us here to repeat this time and time again. It is hugely frustrating to watch women repeating the same mistakes. It is horrible to receive phone calls from women, in tears, at 4 in the morning because they need help - AGAIN!!!!

So things are not always phrased correctly. We don't always have the patience to endure another round of this. We get sooooooooo tired of the same story and DDD comments.. (Definately Different Dominican)

Forgive us if we are blunt. Forgive us if we are not politically correct. But damn it, listen to the message.