Do you have a Media Streamer for TV?

siuchsd

Nov 18, 2019
I see that many people in the United States use this kind of streaming media device to connect to the Internet on TV and become a kind of intelligent TV. They watch a lot of programs and can watch them online. I haven't lived in North America. If my words are wrong, please forgive me. Thank you.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Absolutely. Many SMART TVs eliminate the need for such devices by having an app that runs on them where a box used to be required. My TV has a NETFLIX and many other apps.

Amazon and Google provide such external devices for non-SMART TVs and there are other options for subscriptions to IPTV that are anything but official.

dinosinc

Mar 3, 2016
Use a amazon Fire stick and then side load Kodi and add a build to it, and your good to go

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Use a amazon Fire stick and then side load Kodi and add a build to it, and your good to go

That is one way. Does KODI still have to be re-tooled every time a site goes down?

I gave upon KODI and just went IPTV.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It seems that many Europeans use IPTV, and Americans prefer Android TV box

It is possible to have IPTV on an Android TV box.

IPTV became the option after satellite TV become inaccessible for those who liked that satellite option.

dinosinc

Mar 3, 2016
It is possible to have IPTV on an Android TV box.

IPTV became the option after satellite TV become inaccessible for those who liked that satellite option.

Yes it is possible, google it there are tons of info site with instructions

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Been using a Roku streaming device for years. Small little box you plug into one of the HDMI ports.
You can also Chrome Cast or use a HDMI cable from your computer and plug that into an HDMI port in the TV.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Hi Folks, I wonder if I could solicit a little help? I recently had CLARO install 2 Internet connections which were to upgrade my 2 MB to 10 MB . When they did , they changed the Modems of course to Huawei Modems. My VPN Stopped working and I could no longer see PRIME or any other service that blocks based on Geography. I still get Netflix perfectly and some news apps etc. . The VPN Service told me that Claro has blocked the IPv6 service on the Modems and that VPN Will not work. I checked and it IS blocked and cannot be unblocked by me. . I have a friend in Brazil that works for Claro there and he told me that is not allowed by IAPA world standards. When I called Claro here, they said they could Enable it but that it would be at my own risk. That it may not be stable. I cannot risk that as we use these for our online businesses as well. My questions are , if anyone has any suggestions to resolve this and also which modems does everyone use? I am thinking that Maybe a Modem change would fix irt?

Thanks in Advance.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Lesson #1:

When installers or service techs change internet modems/routers, before they leave, always get the Installer account login & password for the new equipment. Write this down and put it in a safe place. You never know when you will need to reconfigure the equipment yourself. Eg, turn your cable modem/router into a passthru bridge so you can use your own better quality router for LAN management and dhcp functions.

If you can get the login/password out of claro on the telephone you can make the necessary changes yourself. If not, you'll need to get the service technicians to come back and at least give you the necessary login info. Getting these guys to properly configure your modem the way you need it to function properly is often an exercise in futility unless your technical Spanish is superb. They don't usually understand what you need to do and why so it's usually a conversation best avoided.

There are usually three accounts on these devices.

1) User
2) Admin/Root
3) Installer.

Each access level gives you to access to the functionality of the lesser level(s). You want the Installer account info. The tech will normally give this to you if you ask. Confirm access before they leave. A propina makes everyone happy.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Lesson #1:

When installers or service techs change internet modems/routers, before they leave, always get the Installer account login & password for the new equipment. Write this down and put it in a safe place. You never know when you will need to reconfigure the equipment yourself. Eg, turn your cable modem/router into a passthru bridge so you can use your own better quality router for LAN management and dhcp functions.

If you can get the login/password out of claro on the telephone you can make the necessary changes yourself. If not, you'll need to get the service technicians to come back and at least give you the necessary login info. Getting these guys to properly configure your modem the way you need it to function properly is often an exercise in futility unless your technical Spanish is superb. They don't usually understand what you need to do and why so it's usually a conversation best avoided.

There are usually three accounts on these devices.

1) User
2) Admin/Root
3) Installer.

Each access level gives you to access to the functionality of the lesser level(s). You want the Installer account info. The tech will normally give this to you if you ask. Confirm access before they leave. A propina makes everyone happy.

WOW ! thats a great tip and works for me because the CLARO tech here I am on a first name basis with ! Hios kids play football with mine ! Ill be seeing him later today I think . Ill ask him about this !

thank you so much !