doctor in sosua

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
i hear that CMC is good, it's just outside sosua. hope you feel better soon.

This was not my own, nor my neighbors or many others' experience at that facility.
Maybe some find better care there than others ?

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Depending on the need, I use CMC (doctors are just ok, over the years I have had two misdiagnosis) but my insurance covers. For a real doctor (jijiji) I use Gideon Plaut (Israeli doctor) at the Cemedin clinic (across from Banco Popular) in Cabarete. No insurance but he's good and walk-ins accepted.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Depending on the need, I use CMC (doctors are just ok, over the years I have had two misdiagnosis) but my insurance covers. For a real doctor (jijiji) I use Gideon Plaut (Israeli doctor) at the Cemedin clinic (across from Banco Popular) in Cabarete. No insurance but he's good and walk-ins accepted.
I have insurance but if it means waiting 6 hours at an emergency room to be seen I prefer to pay 2000 to 3000 pesos and not wait all day

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I have insurance but if it means waiting 6 hours at an emergency room to be seen I prefer to pay 2000 to 3000 pesos and not wait all day

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
I’ve never waited over 1/2 hr at CMC ...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I’ve never waited over 1/2 hr at CMC ...

Neighbor waited 5 hours yesterday, this was his 3rd trip just for a small abscess on his shoulder, and after the 3rd trip he gave up when they told him he needed to be admitted overnight. He's on his way to Bournigal today - let's see if he has a real treatment there. I think he's waited there almost 14 hours for this small and common ailment. And he has good insurance.

I personally have not had an abcess but I think the treatment should be to open with a small incision, apply a warm compress and maybe a draw out salve covered with a telfa pad followed with antibiotics and an overnight in a hospital would not be required unless there was massive infection.
Not 3 days of pain pills and antibiotics which did not appear to help him.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Hospitals are not generally suited for non emergency walk in patients. If you have a general malaise, best to have found a family medical practitioner beforehand and use them exclusively for continuity of care, completeness of records and test results all in one place. A walk-in clinic would be another alternative. In either case, you need to shop around to find a doctor or a clinic that can meet your expectations.

An ER emergency room trying to be all things to all people is difficult to pull off in this country. If you present at an ER, you get whoever is on duty at the time and that is a bit of a gamble if you are not prepared to explain exactly what you want and insist that you get it.

CMC is divided into to parts. The ER part and the other side where the doctors in residence have their offices and schedule appointments. If you haven't been run over by a guagua and wish to make the best use of CMC, then one needs to go to the other side and begin interviewing doctors for those times when non emergency medical attention is required.

tripp789

May 4, 2018
Neighbor waited 5 hours yesterday, this was his 3rd trip just for a small abscess on his shoulder, and after the 3rd trip he gave up when they told him he needed to be admitted overnight. He's on his way to Bournigal today - let's see if he has a real treatment there. I think he's waited there almost 14 hours for this small and common ailment. And he has good insurance.

I personally have not had an abcess but I think the treatment should be to open with a small incision, apply a warm compress and maybe a draw out salve covered with a telfa pad followed with antibiotics and an overnight in a hospital would not be required unless there was massive infection.
Not 3 days of pain pills and antibiotics which did not appear to help him.

I thought so too until I got a large one in my leg. 10 days antibiotics and the surgical removal. About the size of a prune when removed.
Smaller ones I have had lanced, but some are really cysts that get infected. This was in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Hospitals are not generally suited for non emergency walk in patients. If you have a general malaise, best to have found a family medical practitioner beforehand and use them exclusively for continuity of care, completeness of records and test results all in one place. A walk-in clinic would be another alternative. In either case, you need to shop around to find a doctor or a clinic that can meet your expectations.

An ER emergency room trying to be all things to all people is difficult to pull off in this country. If you present at an ER, you get whoever is on duty at the time and that is a bit of a gamble if you are not prepared to explain exactly what you want and insist that you get it.

CMC is divided into to parts. The ER part and the other side where the doctors in residence have their offices and schedule appointments. If you haven't been run over by a guagua and wish to make the best use of CMC, then one needs to go to the other side and begin interviewing doctors for those times when non emergency medical attention is required.

Have you held doctor interviews there and which one did you evaluate to be the best?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Chico -
I have used Dr Jonathon Gomez and found him to be good.
Endoscopy, etc....
Internist type...stomachs and so on

I get scans there...

All by appointment - no ER experience

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I thought so too until I got a large one in my leg. 10 days antibiotics and the surgical removal. About the size of a prune when removed.
Smaller ones I have had lanced, but some are really cysts that get infected. This was in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does not sound pleasant. No prunes for me today

cruzan1

Sep 12, 2016
Dr. Freddy Salazar's office is located inside the lobby at Terra Linda hotel. - a very good doctor and will accept most walk-ins on the spot, unless he has a scheduled appointment.