does anyone know any details about work visas to the U.S.?

C

Chip00

well my GF has gone to the university, but isnt right now..she is enrolled in english classes, but not at any university....I know the NEW YORK CENTER is legit...I just wasnt sure if they researched these work visa outfits very well.....but MY gf seems to think from talkign to several people at her school that this program is legit.....

the crappy thing is the job is in Fla!!!!!!!!!
not nyc like i would have loved.....

oh well, she ahs probably already paid as of right now.....well see if she gets her approval from the capitol

bob

Bob

I think it's worth verifying from her that she has to take the job there in Fl. My nephew was able to work out his own employment and place where he was going to stay.

Chip

Sep 19, 2005
maybe they just figure...if they have never been to america, how will they find work, and accomodations...so they work it FOR THEM..

besides they have those details and have told them about the cost of the rooms they will live in...and that it will be 2 to a room....

Id love to work out those details after I find she has been accepted...I dont want to throw a monkey wrench into the mix...plus i would think america would want to keep a close eye on all these people to make sure they go back...there HAS TO be some rules!!!!!!!!!!!

I was worried that they might not let her hop on a plane and come see me in NY....

id love for her to be able JUST to work anyplace

but whats the point of that

I figured this is supposed to be a program where dominicans get the benefit of going to america and someone with a buisness gets the benefit of cheap labor

bob

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I believe that once you are here you are assigned a temp social security # and with this you can switch jobs. Some of the people I know that have come through ILC and ADEC have done this. They don't like where they work and switch. Not sure if the contract your GF will have says she can't switch. Might be worth while taking a look.

Sep 19, 2005
I just read that it depends on the type of visa you get.
I looked up work visa and found this company( America Work Visa, Inc ) they have a H2B and a few others

they said that with the H1B visa , you MUST work ONLY for the company on the visa....I dont know any info yet about the J-1 visa...this company I found on the internet from maryland that handles the visas for companies here looking for workers...doesnt offer the J-1 visa...they also offer a H1B and one other...but it is too much for my little mind right now to spit out... ha ha ha

well she paid and got two reciepts..one from the bank check that had a few copies and one written out by the compnay that took the funds...

we will see...and ill keep taking info if i can get it.. and I will have her ask more questions.

they said they will send her more info and more paperwork via e-mail.

which she has listed as her cousins house.

bob

May 31, 2005
I used to work in a hotel about 4 years ago here in Orlando. Students used to come to all of the time from six months to a year to work as front desk agents or in the restaurants as servers. They came from Phillipines, England, Holland, Colombia, and some more that I don't remember. They stayed in furnished four bedroom apartments with two people to a room. They also got a van to take them to and from work. Another thing is that all of those students were students advanced in their hotel and tourism management career at their respective universities.