Does anyone know if Rocky's Is Doing the annual Turkey Dinner?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Great afternoon at Rocky's.

As usual it was very well organized and the food was good. Great service by Rick and his team. Hats of for Drro (stint or stink, she did an outstanding job... lol)

We saw old friends, and got to meet some familiar names from DR1.

Bronxboy: great straightforward guy, had a lot of fun with him, but never expected him to drink those sissy margaritas and pina coladas... lol. He is exactly as I pictured him, which is a rare occasion with internet people.

Sking: yes!!!! we met the famous Shalena. Not at all who I pictured... lol. I always imagined some kind of tall and though lady. A bit like that lady on the show who cleans all the rubbish out of those houses, and sells it in a garage sale. Damn, was I wrong. I actually had to bend down to hug her, and that was with 5" heels on her. Nevertheless, great lady with her heart on her tongue, and a great bunch of kids. Loved her.

Rick, outstanding job and goal. Count us in for next year.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Yup, the wife of Belgiank was happy to meet up with Bronxboy and hey, I drank those margarita's too and they were gooood ;)

A big thank you to Rick and his team for a fabulous afternoon!

Acira

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Where was Rocky?

Sgt Schultz knows nothing, nothing! - YouTube

Great day and don't forget to consider adding more presents or donations , because this is a Christmas Drive for the Impoverished Children that live in the Barrios and would never receive a wrapped present without this tradition.

Donate toys and wrapping paper to Rockys Bar In Sosua Today !

BTW...I have a few lemons left

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Where was Rocky?

Sgt Schultz knows nothing, nothing! - YouTube

Great day and don't forget to consider adding more presents or donations , because this is a Christmas Drive for the Impoverished Children that live in the Barrios and would never receive a wrapped present without this tradition.

Donate toys and wrapping paper to Rockys Bar In Sosua Today !

BTW...I have a few lemons left

I doubt the kids would like those lemons...lol

But Mike has the right idea... last year we decided not to give each other a present, but to spend the money on presents for the local kids. The smile on their faces, and those of their parents, was the biggest present we could ever get.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
First, I would like to thank all those who came out to enjoy our great traditional Thanksgiving dinner at Rocky's. All the preparation and hard work by so many people was totally worth it yesterday when we saw just how much the meal was enjoyed by so many great and wonderful people. Some, Rocky's first timers. It was also very nice meeting so many DR1'ers. Really, a great bunch of people. To everyone, thank you all.

Second, I really want to thank Drro for her tireless and selfless help with all the preparation. From helping with the shopping weeks before the dinner, to working side by side with my kitchen staff to ensure everything is just perfect for all of you. She made the homemade stuffing, the homemade apple, pumpkin and cream pies and the rue with spices for the birds. Ro, you are that special person everyone should have in their lives as a true friend. Yesterday was Thanksgiving and I am truly thankful for your friendship. :)

Last but not least, Mike... Your lemon pies are fantastic my friend whether they are perfect, (In your eyes) or not. I can see why you go to such lengths to get those darn yellow lemons all the time. Keep up the great baking Mike, I know I was not the only one who appreciated it. Thank you buddy. Thanksgiving just isn’t the same without you sitting at the bar guarding your pies ;-)

Preliminary accounting for the day looks like we raised an additional 6,500 pesos for presents for the kids. With the donations of $360 US we have already received, we are really on the way to another great NYE party and present giveaway. Once again, thank you all. We will be going to purchase more presents sometime next week so my staff can get them wrapped and under the tree and ready for NYE.

By the way, I was way too busy yesterday to take any photos. If anyone has any photos from the dinner, please feel free to post them.

Thank you all and we will see you next year at Rocky's Thanksgiving Feast 2012.

Rick

Nov 25, 2011
can anyone join this conversation??
sorry to interupt.. just wandering if mike L is mike lambe??
if it is then get in touch you old darling.. if not.. then this is rather embarrassing..
enjoy your dinner..x

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
if it is then get in touch you old darling.. if not.. then this is rather embarrassing..
enjoy your dinner..x

No Mike L is an Acronym for Michael but it shows up on DR 1 as mike el.

I have no children and plan to keep it that way...like kids though and that's why I donate for their cause.

You sent me a PM asking if I was your father but it was not in the usual format and was not able to respond successfully.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Bronxboy: great straightforward guy, had a lot of fun with him, but never expected him to drink those sissy margaritas and pina coladas... lol. He is exactly as I pictured him, which is a rare occasion with internet people.

hahahahaha Thanks for the kind words. I think!!!!! lol

Actually, I was tired of Presidentes and Vodka as those are the drinks I have been drinking since I got here on Saturday. Really wanted a nice frozen Pina Colada since I always have a few while on vacation BUT they were out of the pina stuff so I settled for a margarita. Finally, they brought in the goods. After an whole morning at the beach and burned skin, the Pina Colada hit the spot. It was Stoli with orange juice from there on!!!

Sissy, try the Pina Colada I had with Bacardi 155 proof. You will think twice!!!!!! lol

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Since I arrived in the DR in June 2006, this was always a great event apart from one I had to miss as I was back in the UK on 24h November one year. Yesterday was no exception - food was great, company was great..... thanks to all involved x

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
enjoy your dinner..x

Example of Thanksgiving, it is always full of surprises. First time I have seen this..Let the fun begin..

Nov 25, 2011
sorry for the intrusion.. and to mike L.. haha sorry.. my dad used to live in Sosua and it's the last place i saw him.. he used to run villa chessa around 2000-2003 for a guy called Mario, and before that he had a few bars (tree tops and a beach bar).. he also had a burger joint for a while called queen burger... he came to sosua in 1992 with his wife shani and they both lived in sosua for many years even after they seperated.. i used to visit quite regulaly as a young teenager/man until around 2003 when we lost contact... if any of you are reading this and think their is anyone to ask around for me i would be so grateful.. i'd love to catch up with my old man and i have been fearing the worst for many years now... much love to you all...x

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
So back to Rocky's annual thanksgiving dinner...

I have to express my thanks to Rick for finding a solution for a small problem I had with the gardener who lives in a casita on the property we rent. Every morning he starts work at 6 am. I have talked to him about this, and then for a week he starts at 9 am, then forgets about it and starts at 6 again.

Yesterday I brought him one of Rick's dinners, and thanks to the natural chemical in turkey which makes you sleepy, the gardener did not start untill 9.30 this morning.

So next year I will have to buy a large freezer and order 261 dinners (on tuesdays he works somewhere else, and on sunday he visits the family)

Rick, you are a lifesaver... lol

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hey! Dinner was great! Would've stayed longer if somebody's llor?n of a baby hadn't kept whining. Nobody was what I pictured either....Bronxboy, for some reason, I pictured you a little more, ummmmm....morenito. :)
Catcher...you should've said something! Were you the white one or the white one?
(thats just a joke guys, don't get all bent)

See...now you all saw me. Big things come in small packages, I never really considered myself small though!

SHALENA

P.S. next time I will come sans children

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
So, all you lot in one place and no one made any photos to make the rest jealous? Ok, I'm nosey to put names to faces as well I suppose.
Any pics?

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
So, all you lot in one place and no one made any photos to make the rest jealous? Ok, I'm nosey to put names to faces as well I suppose.
Any pics?

I know, totally slipped my mind. My 8 y.o. took a couple of photos of me at the table with the baby, if you really wanna see. I'm the only one in them though, but it was just me you wanted to see anyway right? LOL. Bromeando....but really, no I didn't take any.

SHALENA