Does Anyone Like Santo Domingo?

C

criss colon

Re: KEEPING THE RACE CHIP TO MYSELF

Dear Jeff,I told ECH,MD. that I admired not only his "wisdom", but his ability to not respond to the "insults" often sent his way via dr1.He is "sure" of who he is and isn,t bothered by the unkind remarks of others.At only 30 years old you have time to mature and not "worry" so much about what others "think" about you.I at 54 am still a "work-in-progress!" I am 6ft.6",350lbs,on a good day,"white" and "blue eyed blond,whats left,haired!"My wife 24,afro-carribean,one son,hers from a prior relationship,10 years old,very dark,one son,ours,4 years old,light brown skin,brown eyes,blond hair.We are quite a "sight-to-see!When we are out,some people,point,laugh,say rude things,stare,I want to explode and pound some "tolerance" into their thick heads!" I want to, but I don,t! I think of the boys,my wife and our friends and family who love us all equally!Most of these people are just ignorant! We should not care what they think.You and I will work on our "ability" to ignore these people and plunge ahead,You hve 34 more years to get it right than I do,good luck, I know you,ll get there! Criss

R

Ruben

Is this a private war, or anybody can participate?

E

ECH, M.D.

Jeff,
What ever good happens to you or what ever bad happens to you?.
HAPPENS because YOU ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN.
Think about what I just said.

First you must know who you are and what you are?
Then and only then, can you be at peace with YOURSELF.

Look forward to meeting you one day soon and enjoying a great conversation. Until then, let me share another of my aphorisms?.

I care not what others think of what I do,
but I care very much about what I think of what I do.
That is character!

~ Theodore Roosevelt ~(1858-1919)
Twenty-sixth President of the USA)

S

Stephen Hadley

When I was young I cared about what people thought of me.
When I was older I didnt care what people thought of me.
Now I realize that no one was thinking about me anyway

Mark Twain.

I am not sure I have the quote exactly right, but I still like it

C

criss colon

I hope Jeff reads this! It,s exacly what I was trying to say in my post,Mark Twain I ain,t!Criss

T

Tony Castaneira

Re: You probably Can't dance!!!

Criss,

Being Cuban means I can do anything I want to. Including dancing to merengue as well(if not better) as any Dominican.

T

Tony Castaneira

Been there. Done that! more than You!

Criss,

I use to live in the DR and still visit 4 or 5 times a year. I am married to a Dominican woman so now I have family there. I have visited everywhere in the DR from Montecristi to Cabeza de Toro. I have dated, worked and socialized with all manner of races, creed and colors there and will continue to do so. Just because I might be physically attracted to a certain type does not make me in any way a racist.

C

criss colon

Wow!,you are cuban! That explains why you are such a "JERK!" Criss

D

Duarte

If you were a real cuban you would appreciate merengue, just like O'm dominican and appreciate salsa, son, etc. The DR along with Puerto Rico, Cuba and Jamaica are unique in the sense that being small islands and so close to much bigger countries (US, Mexico) have developed their own identities as it relates to music. Types of music which are getting quite a bit of acceptance all over the world.

T

Tony Castaneira

Now who is a racist????

T

Tony Castaneira

The fact is that Merengue is a simple repetative beat that is efficient for what it is for. Dancing. Like Disco nobady can call it Good Music.

C

criss colon

Last time I checked,cuban, was not a "race!" Criss

C

Carol

Tony's taste

Okay Tony

Let's digress a little from this thread and you can tell us what you think is good music. I'm just curious as I love all kinds of music from rock, soul, disco, merengue, modern music to classical. I keep an open mind but I also understand the old saying that one man's meat is another man's poison.

T

Tony Castaneira

Re: Tony's taste

I like all types of Music for what it is. Disco, Merengue, techno ecetera is for dancing. Repetative beat, strong bass line. Not to mention insipid lyrics.

D

Duarte

What is good music? Please enlighten those of us who don't know what "GOOD" music is. I personally feel that music just like any art form is very subjective. While some people would say classical music is good music I personally prefer a bachata to Beethoven...

C

criss colon

Bachata!, mi musica! Duarte I love bachata,I can,t dance bachata,but I listen,I watch,and I drink Presidente con Camato!That cuban can sip his "single malt scotch" and listen to clasical music with his "upper class" wife," a mi me gusta a mi morena,a mi musica,y a mi familia!! Criss

T

Tony Castaneira

Camato? You must mean Clamato! Not to my taste. I'll take a Barcelo Blanco con Soda. Now that is refreashing!