Dogs and avocados

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
We have all the time of the world to Google maybe?

why is it that whenever someone here posts something knowledgeable, the knee jerk rection is to invoke the word google? i mean, there are actually people in this site who are knowledgeable in certain fields of study, and can recite information from their information banks.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
There seems to be varying opinions on the internet that avocados are poisonous to dogs.  I have an avocado tree in my garden and a young dog that has just started eating the windfalls on the ground.

So far it doesn't seem to have affected him, but I'm concerned that in the long term, it might be causing damage.

Any opinions?

No such thing, unless DR dogs are immune. 2/3 of dogs in DR would be dead. Really, avocado are being wasted? you need a long pole to pick them and sell or give to neighbors. that dog might as well be eating caviar.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
why is it that whenever someone here posts something knowledgeable, the knee jerk rection is to invoke the word google? i mean, there are actually people in this site who are knowledgeable in certain fields of study, and can recite information from their information banks.

Someone needs a hug????

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

Some are born with knowledge ain't that so?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
They're not ready yet. Most of them on the tree are the size of golf balls at the moment. But they grow to the size of grapefruits and they are round, not pear shaped.

They make delicious guacamole!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
One of the healthiest foods around but a tad calorie heavy. My second most favorite thing in the DR.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
They're not ready yet. Most of them on the tree are the size of golf balls at the moment. But they grow to the size of grapefruits and they are round, not pear shaped.

They make delicious guacamole!

We have four trees in the Garden and you are right they are not that Large. We noticed a lot of them falling of the tree already and started to pick (we is a nice neighbour, young boy) the largest. There are six now riping....we'll see.