Dollars or Euros?

kzach11

Jul 5, 2022
Dublin
HI ALL,SORRY FOR JUMPING ON THIS TREAD BUT DONT KNOW WERE TO ASK
IS IT BETTER TO BRING US DOLLARS OR EUROS WITH US FOR 12 DAYS HOLIDAY IN PUNTA CANA AND ECHANGE TO PESOS OR TO PAY FOR HOTEL ,RESTAURANTS BARS ETC IN DOLLARS OR EUROS ? WE ARE FROM EUROPE TIA

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Outside the resorts you can pay everything in Dominican Peso. Bring $ or Euro and change them at vimenca or any big bank to Peso and you are good. Don't change in the street. In the Touri Hot Spots you can pay almost everything with euro or $ but you will get a lousy exchange rate.

Reactions: kzach11

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It's easy the change Dollars or Euros to pesos here. I see more things priced in USD but you usually pay less if you pay in pesos. You're almost always getting a bad exchange rate when you pay in USD. Know what the official exchange rate is and try to get as close as possible to that.

Reactions: kzach11

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
HI ALL,SORRY FOR JUMPING ON THIS TREAD BUT DONT KNOW WERE TO ASK
IS IT BETTER TO BRING US DOLLARS OR EUROS WITH US FOR 12 DAYS HOLIDAY IN PUNTA CANA AND ECHANGE TO PESOS OR TO PAY FOR HOTEL ,RESTAURANTS BARS ETC IN DOLLARS OR EUROS ? WE ARE FROM EUROPE TIA
Europe has a lot of currencies. So if you have to buy dollars from Euros I would keep my Euros and change them here. Don’t buy pesos in your country.

Reactions: Allyn Bishop

kzach11

Jul 5, 2022
Dublin
Assuming he is from a Euro country which we still don’t know. In fact we don’t know if he is from the EU.
I said I was from Europe,which is a continent.I live in Ireland which is in europe.Most countries in europe use the euro currency.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Yes. So?
That was my point. You said you were from Europe.
Europe doesnt say nothing, it’s not the EU. Even Ukraine is Europe.
And within the EU there are countries that don’t use €.

Reactions: Allyn Bishop

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
Q - are you coming from Europe? … jk

Threads like this one is why the $2500/student seen like a waste, granted people learn how to read and write for $2500, you could do that for free too, but where else are you going to read and pay attention to the geopolitical lesson that Ireland is in Europe and a member of the EU; Ukrainian is in Europe but not a member of the EU. Priceless…

Reactions: BelgianMik

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I said I was from Europe,which is a continent.I live in Ireland which is in europe.Most countries in europe use the euro currency.
In 2017 my wife and took a trip over to England from France. After viewing some of the sights we got a little thirsty and hungry. The restaurant we went to didn't take Credit Cards, Euros, or American dollars, only Pounds Sterling.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Why would you expect payment in € of $ when the local currency is the £?
Because IN 2017 Euros WERE accepted everywhere except that restaurant. How many places in tourist areas don't take CC? According to travel sites:

Credit cards and contactless payments​

Most credit and debit cards are widely accepted in restaurants, bars, cafes and shops in London. Although, it is advised to carry an alternative payment method with you during your visit.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
There are no places or very few in the UK where they accept euros or dollars…yes on the ferry to Dover. Don’t try this with me Bob.
CC is another matter.

Reactions: MariaRubia