Dominican Blues...

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Great Pic's

Musicqueen, Great pictures!! Can't wait to take my own Sat. The man in photo #9, is that Ramon who used to be a bartender at the Coral Costa Caribe? If not it's his twin. Ramon worked at the pool bar at the C.C.C. and was the best bartender there! I had heard he was let go as were many other employees after tourism declined.
John:cool:

earosemena

Aug 18, 2002
The pics are great MQ. They really tell the story. Everyone looks pretty much as I imagine them except for Robert. I though he was a lot older.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
DOMINICAN BLUES PART II

Let me see where I left off...Oh, yes...Burbujas de Amor...

Ok...so now it's Saturday morning...around 8:30 and my RP has to be at work by 9...we rushed out of the place and head back to the hotel...

I take a shower, change and go to have breakfast...he joins me a little while later...and then it's off to keep the guests "animados"...

I go for the streching class which Alex is teaching this morning, then to the pool for some sun...and at noon it's my favorite...water aerobics...

Afterwards there's the Manager's welcoming luncheon, paella, merengue and to meet the rest of the animation team...

I dance with all of them...and then stop to get a drink...
While I'm chatting with the bartender, these two Italian gentlemen approach him and ask if I speak Spanish...to which I answer...Yes, of course...So they get really close and start asking me all kinds of questions...where I'm from, where I live now...etc, etc...

When I tell them my grandfather (about their age) was born in Calabria Italy, they get all happy and start talking to me in Italian...which I understand a bit but cannot think of one word to say back to them...

After a while, they ask me for a "Bacio" (Anna C...I can't spell it either)...and I give them one kiss each and off they go back to their wifes...

But after that, everytime they see me in the hotel...they start screaming at the top of their lungs..."Hey, Italiana...mafiosa...calabrese..." and God only knows what other things they say to me...I don't understand...

But if was fun!!!

Ok...after the luncheon, more pool, more games, more dancing...and then I'm off to my room to take a nap and get ready for the "nighttime activities"...

Since it's Saturday night, I decide on my sexy little black dress...go to dinner, and then to the show...

That night they have reserved a table close to the stage...and after watching their great imitations of famous stars singing...I notice that RP is nowhere in sight...

They guys come around to sit with me, I get a couple of beers for them, and we wait...but he seems to have dissappeared...Around 12:30 I decide I waited enough, ask the guys to get a taxi and we're off to Imbert...Still lives there and he says there are a couple of good places to go dancing...We end up (with my sexy black dress!) at a "car wash"...but, hey...I had told them I wanted to dance typical dominican music, and they are playing the best merengue and bachata...

I dance a merengue with each of the guys...but then it's time to 'bachata'...and Still just gives me one of his looks and I'm hooked!

The rest seemed to get really jealous and we're off, back to POP...
Still stays in Imbert...he lives there!

I wasn't finished with the dancing, so I ask to stop at Ojilvi, I had been there before, I know, I know, the place is really low class...but the music...it's unbelievable...

I got an idea for my "business" once I'm there...I'll get a 'car wash' type of place, make it really nice and hire the same D.J...

That should bring in some tourists and locals...Oh, well...just an idea!

On Sunday, it's more of the same...I know that RP is not going to be there 'cause he needed to go to Santiago with his boss, but I don't lack entertainment...

It gets a little cloudy in the afternoon, but I need some rest so I go take a nap and get ready!

That night, I was hoping RP was going to be back, but Jose Luis informs me that he had to stay overnight in Santiago...and asks if I was going to go out with the guys again...Of course, I say...you don't expect me to stay cooped up in my room, do you? OR did RP tell you to keep an eye on me? He says, no, of course not!
Yeah, Right!!!

That night Still and Alex fight over my attention...no wonder I feel so good when I'm there...Like my friend says...why have one 50 year-old when I can have two 25's fighting for me!!!

That night is a lot more fun...The weaker one decides to go home, and I stay at "La Barrica" with Thomas, Benji, Miguel and Still...

We dance for a while and the guys decide to go to the car wash...but I want to stay there and Still agrees...so...we're left alone for the first time...

No, I didn't give in to my desires, even though I was fuming mad at RP for leaving me alone for two nights! ...so I did the right thing...told him I thought he was really cute, but I was there to spend time with his boss and didn't think it would be appropiate to do anything that could cause him any harm...

We just danced and then he took me back to the hotel...

On Monday, my last whole day there...I see RP at breakfast and he ignores me...do you think someone told him I didn't stay in my room the last two nights?

Finally, I guess he decides he better talk to me and comes over with a very weak apology...I tell him it's ok...but he better not leave me alone that last night...He says the reason he didn't come meet me on Sat. night was because he had to fire three people and he was very upset and didn't want to ruin my nght...And then Sunday he couldn't come back in time and decided to stay overnight in Santiago...He tells me he'll meet me after the show...and that's the end of it!

Monday it rained most of the afternoon, so we play "Treasure Hunt" and of course my team wins!!!

At night, during the show...Karaoke night...they bring the team on stage and give us a Riu bandana each...but then we're asked to sing...

After much begging, I agree to do it...so I ask the girls, Skarlett and Reina to join me in a tribute to the guys...

I can't sing at all...I am soooo bad...but what the heck...there were others worst than me!

I choose "Es mentiroso" by Olga Ta??n...Es mentiroso ese hombre, es mentiroso...

Jose Luis hands me the mike, and in my most sexy announcer voice I do a bit both in English and Spanish...saying how I wanted to dedicate that song to all the "animators" and then we start singing...

Everyone got on stage and we sang and danced, while RP was having the time of his life...he knew exactly who the song was dedicated to!!!...

Later on, I wait again for a while...and when the guys have to leave, I walk them to the lobby...and run into RP...who assumes I'm leaving with them, and turns around and leaves me stranded there in the middle of the lobby!

Well, what to do now? My knights in shining animation uniforms call me from the front gate, telling me they saw him leave alone, so they got a taxi and are waiting for me!

We start to go dancing again, but I think it's best if we just go get something to eat and talk...being the last night and all...

So, that's what we do...we go to the Food Shop and have pizza, calzone, beer and soda and sit around talking and telling jokes for a couple of hours...

Tuesday morning I get up early, have breakfast...go get my braids and then say my goodbyes...

RP comes over when he sees me kissing the guys, and apologizes again...but not before he makes a comment about how much fun I must have had...Hm, funny...I thought I was supposed to have fun with HIM!!!

He asks if I'm coming back soon, and I say yes...but next time to stay...We kiss and he promises to stay in touch...

I go check out of my room, and can't find Still anywhere...

Finally, I see him in the lobby...waiting for me...to say goodbye away from everybody else...That kid never quits!!!

But, he's a gentleman, he kisses me twice on each cheek...and I leave for my trip back home...

Oh, boy...this is really boring..I know...but it's the whole story!!!

Maybe next trip it'll get better...I really can't seem to find any sort of inspiration...writer's block, perhaps?

Colorin, colorado...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
This installment was better than the first, MQ, but still without the zip of last year's report. Maybe the problem is that you are a year older and a year more settled. I don't think it is writer's block. You did a good job with the material you had to work with.

But what about the burbujas de amor? Have we heard about that yet? When I read about it in your first report, I thought we would be getting some really good reading, but......

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Yes, Ken...that's right...I'm a grandmother now..I have to keep up the appearances...

All I can say about Burbujas is that it's better than anything I've seen around here...and at $15 USD for the WHOLE night...no time limit...it's even good enough to stay there on my next trip and forget about the AI's...

Oh, question..Do you think these are stories that my grandkids would enjoy one day? So I can save them, just in case!!!

I wonder what MY grandmother would say if only she knew!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The end of an era. From swinger to grandmother in one year. Next year I suppose you will be writing about which resorts have the most comforable beds and the softest chair cushions.

What a loss to dr1 and Dominican night life.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Hey, MQ - we just got back from 2-wk vacation in Sosua. We're bringing our 20-yr old and friend down with us this summer. We're already nervous about letting them loose. (We bought a villa there and won't be staying in resorts any longer - where I didn't worry at all when he was at the resort clubs).

You mentioned Caribbean High Club in Sosua. would that be safe enough for our boys? I'm worried that some local girls will start talking to the kids and the local boys will get angry and pick a fight (even tho i've never seen a local mad about ANYTHING before!)

Since you have a teenager, where would you suggest they go out dancing/drinking in Sosua - that would keep me from tearing my fingernails off worrying about them all night.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For JanH: Just tell him that condoms were made for him to use...Tell him that your HMO will not cover any HIV/AIDS infection.
Tell him to just date "nice girls" but I don't think there are many in Sosua...except possibly over at Eddy's....

HB

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
JanH...I really wouldn't know about the clubs in Sosua, since I was there with someone and only for that one night...

The atmosphere outside the club that night was pretty creepy to me, even the Dominican guys I was with said that it wasn't a very good crowd, but like I said...I don't know that much about it...

Just follow Hillbilly's advice...When I brought my son I went with him to the clubs, so I wasn't worried at all...I can party better and longer than they do!!

And that goes to Ken also...No end of an era!!! I can still party!!!

The only reason my reports this time lacked that "spark" from last year was that now I realized that I am ready to just take off and move...and that made me so "homesick" for that little island, that I just couldn't concentrate on writing a good story...that's all!!!

Dominican night life will not suffer any loss as long as I'm there!!!

;)

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Sorry such a late response MQ.. my computer at home is all messed up and I can't get onto the site from work anymore. Anyway, I like your report, you don't need great colorful language for me to know your naughtiness. Ken, since you haven't met MQ it's really hard to picture the craziness this women is capable of. She could wear those 25 year olds out since she's got the energy of a enigizer bunny. I bet the song you sang was your shining moment MQ, I bet you really impressed a lot of people. But you know how the men are and I am sure that none of that nonsense about where your friend was really bothered you anyway, you made lemon juice out of lemons. Good for you sista. I hope I can go down there with you and have a friend to eat pizza with like you did ;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for your report, Theresa. You put my mind at ease. No, I have not had the pleasure yet of meeting MQ, but I have a picture of her in my mind based on a number of things, including her spicy report last year. But when I read this year's report, it sounded like she had suddenly turned into a frumpy old woman. Needless to say, I found that very upsetting. But thanks to you, the picture I have of her is unchanged, except that now she has started to write like a frumpy old woman.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Theresa, thanks...I knew you would "get" it!!! Did you enjoy all the pics?

I'm going to pm you to tell you the really juicy stuff that I can't include here...for fear of ruining my "Miami Nice" reputation!!!

Ken...I really don't know how else to change your mind...I guess the best thing would be for me to take ANOTHER trip really soon, and try to come up with a more colorful report!!!

Bachata-lover

Jul 14, 2002
To Musicqueen

I've been two times in the Riu Bachata and I agree RP is a beautifull guy. But believe me, he has a lot of girlfriends. What would you do if you were one of the animationteam????

Can you tell me who the 3 persons of the animationteam were who got fired?

I'll going back in June.

Musicqueen, are you going back to the Riu Bachata? When?? Do still have contact with RP?

Nice pictures by the way.

Bachata-lover

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Bachata-lover...

I just got back from my trip to POP...

Yes, I know that RP must have a lot of 'girlfriends' but I get to see him everytime I'm there, we're very good friends...no sankie stuff there!

I don't know the names of the people that got fired, but I know there are a lot of new faces there now...

No, I won't be going back to the Bachata soon...I'm trying to move and found a couple of jobs in Santo Domingo...so I will be going to live there and maybe just get to visit POP once in a while but not as a tourist...

Have fun when you go!

I'll have more new pictures of RP soon and the rest of the trip!

Bachata-lover

Jul 14, 2002
Nice to hear from you

Hi Musicqueen,

Nice to hear from you again. I'm counting the days for going back to the Riu Bachata. I't will be my third time there. I can understand you because I have also very good friends over there.

It's so nice going back to that hotel because everyone is knowing me.

I can't wait for your pictures. Let me know something when you have post them.

Did you stay this trip in the Riu Bachata? Was Still still working in the hotel? Maybe you can also tell me if Vladimir, Carlos, Bienvenido and Marcelino still were working over there.

Regards
Bachata_lover