Dominican girl friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josemexicano

Apr 24, 2011
I have been talking to this dominican girl for almost a year now. When I first met her she had a boyfriend but we still kept in touch. Now her and her ex are not gether so we are talking now. She is 21 and has no job but in college and is very smart. I am only two years,older then her. She has always been truthful with me to the point if she goes out she tells me who she is going with and where. She has been on search for a job but not many jobs hiring for her. So she wants to come here to the usa. We talk about marriage but dont know if that is the rigbt thing to do. But I know she wants to better her life for her and her future kids. Should I try marriage.???

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No way Jos?!!! Like the United States' National Anthem says: Jos? can you see??? You are her ticket out of here...

Being played is what you are. Remember the 4 Fs and apply as needed: Find 'em, Feel'em, #$^%* 'em, and Forget 'em. This is misoginistic, but that is what is happening here.

There are no Fairy Tail endings.

HB

Josemexicano

Apr 24, 2011
Lol I know and we discuse this. She wants to leave to better herself. I want to help her but will it last if we do.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Lol I know and we discuse this. She wants to leave to better herself. I want to help her but will it last if we do.

If it flies, f#$K's or floats rent it dude!
You are being played like a Stradivarius, wake up.
Buy her books and a manicure if you want to help , DO NOT send cash or marry her,if you really like her, spend a month living with her and meet her chulo.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I meant that what Hillbilly said was on point. All of them want to leave, even the ones that say they don't. The odds are against you, so not get married

SHALENA

RAPHAEL

Oct 19, 2007
www.dentistry.unc.edu
Gullible...

She has always been truthful with me to the point if she goes out she tells me who she is going with and where. She has been on search for a job but not many jobs hiring for her. So she wants to come here to the usa. We talk about marriage but dont know if that is the rigbt thing to do.
Jose, Are you that gullible that you cannot see what she is telling you? Tell me that you are smarter, and know what is going on! Marriage is not the "thing" to do. Now...if you were to tell me that your friend is your side-piece, kudos to you, Jose! Be intelligent, you can find good quality women in your own backyard. Peace and good luck!

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
... Should I try marriage.???

Hmmmm .... not one word about "love", "commitment", "respect" and so on. You've told us what SHE wants, but nothing about what YOU want out of this. Could it be that you just want to "save" her??

You have been given some good advice. However, I am not sure that you will follow it. And so, I will give you a different sort of advice. How you feel about my suggestion will maybe give you some idea about what you should decide. So, here it is ...

Take out a $300,000 life insurance policy, and make her the sole beneficiary. Carry that policy to the DR, give it to her, and explain what it means to her (if something should happen to you). Stay with her in the DR for a month (while she tells her all of family, friends and neighbors about how well you have provided for her). Hope to see you back here in a month, to continue this story!

What's that??? You don't trust her that much yet???? Hmmmmmm ......

Josemexicano

Apr 24, 2011
I trut her but I dont know about that much. I dont know if I wil ever trust anyone that much. Not even family....

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Jose, you should definitely marry her. You barely know her as a gf, but she wants to live in the US. That's a good ambition !! Go for it

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Have not sleep with her yet. She is not the type to go around and sleEp with anyone

So she is obviously getting it from someone else, and pretending to be saving it for her first night in The New World with you!
WAKE UP & SMELL THE CAFE JOSE!!!

***NOTE TO MOD: Please move this to The Clown Bin/Sankie 101 ASAP!

Jared Wilson

Apr 12, 2011
Jose, get to know the family, spend time with her in her home. If you are happy when you are with her then you make up your mind what is good for you. I just got married to my Dominican gf, don't let love blind you, but don't think that there are no good women in the RD either. You are getting great advice from many people who are much "wiser" than me. Best wishes to you

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Jose, this is NOT for you (seriously!!). Please don't take it that way. As Jared said, there ARE good women in the DR!!!

You probably DO NOT want to read this book ..... because I'm sure that it DOES NOT apply to you. This is really just for SOMEONE ELSE who may be reading these posts, with a similar question in mind. And, I really hope it helps THEM out.

Amazon.com: What's Love Got to Do with It?: Transnational Desires and Sex Tourism in the Dominican Republic (Latin America Otherwise) (9780822332978): Denise Brennan: Books

;)

Jan 17, 2009
You're just 23 years old and thinking about marrying a woman you barely know? You wouldn't marry someone you met a few times at home, would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.