Dominican gun permit

Eyes

Apr 30, 2012
Bought a 9mm l just have temp residence process was taking to long with a hold up in the capital a police captain friend who works in SD hq advised to just transfer it to my partners name if need be, took about 2 months cdn gringo is correct if the matter doesn't get resolved the firearm can go walk about with constant stories of needing this or that police check from home.
 But no problem in transferring.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Very interesting stuff...

Good reason to rethink gun ownership...
Stolen weapons, faltas..... too many loopholes for the police to take advantage of.

I considered a shotgun a few years ago when donP was leaving...
Bailed on the idea when faced with the regulations.

Taser gun is the answer...for me.

Can you buy tasers here?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A taser is no substitute for a gun. You have to confront the perp to use it. Much easier to blow him away from a safe distance.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Chances are SKY--- they will confront you

Everybody thinks they have the luxury of distance and preparation...
Maybe not...

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
1) Go to a gun store and buy a gun.
2) Gun store will arrange for drug test, psych eval, firearm proficiency demonstration and ballistic testing/fingerprinting
3) Fill out paperwork.
4) Get Criminal record check from home country
5) Pay fees/taxes at BanReserva
6) File paperwork and deposit gun at Ministerio
7) Be told license will be issued in 10-15 working days
8) Wait
9) Wait
10) After six months go to Ministerio to find out what other documents are needed for license to be processed
11) Submit new documents or copies of ones already submitted
12) Wait some more, maybe up to a year or longer
13) Figure out a way to know when your license has been issued.
14) Pick up license at Banreserva where you paid the fees.
15) Discover that the issuing date of the license is the same as the date you originally deposited application
16) At BanReserva pay for renewal of license you just picked up
17) Go to Minsterio and pick up firearm
18) Proceed with license renewal process

It's expensive, time consuming, frustrating and the Govt really doesn't want people running around with guns especially foreigners these days. I suspect the Ministerio is waiting for the new law to come into effect so they can deny all of the applications that are pending.

Figure on $5000 - $6000 to buy a pistol and submit the application. Yearly renewals that can only be done in SD. Very few if any legal out of the box new pistols for sale here.

New law is supposedly in the works that will require those who wish to carry to demonstrate a need to do so.

Good luck.

3,500+ posts since joining the forum in 2014. Have you lived here for more than 3 years? Have you purchased and possess a licensed firearm? Escopeta or pistola, the requirements are different ? If not, you can not speak from experience.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
3,500+ posts since joining the forum in 2014. Have you lived here for more than 3 years? Have you purchased and possess a licensed firearm? Escopeta or pistola, the requirements are different ? If not, you can not speak from experience.

Have you "bothered" to read all the posts in this thread?

... or decided to post after reading the first 3 posts.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
CoCo Boy....

you better hope you don't encounter the Gringo when he's working...

you'll get lesson in the law

He owns both.... pistol and escopeta

Study up my young man.... read and re-read

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
CoCo Boy....

you better hope you don't encounter the Gringo when he's working...

you'll get lesson in the law

He owns both.... pistol and escopeta

Study up my young man.... read and re-read

Not all Gringos are created equal. I'll be the first to admit, I don't have nice paragraphs....but, I know a thing or to with government here. Says I.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Among other things, hawkers in Boca Chica offer tasers for purchase, unless they're just trying to get your attention to buy their cigars, mamajuana etc., when they activate them. I'll ask next time I'm there.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Not all Gringos are created equal. I'll be the first to admit, I don't have nice paragraphs....but, I know a thing or to with government here. Says I.

I love your undertitle or whatever you call it.."I love infractions", great from the moderator. Give me one please :D

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Seriously-
you don't have to believe me... but I warn you

Cdn Gringo knows a pantload about this stuff... Mucho....