Dominican hair care products

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
Hi Dainty: Not sure if I am answering your question, but here it goes…

I don't know about the quality of those specific products that you mentioned, but I will say this: Any time you apply "chemicals" (meaning color OR chemical relaxer) you need to neutralize it w/ deep treatments....Perhaps you should ask people in the long hair forum about the quality of that product. They will restore shininess and manageability to your hair, because you have to remember that colorants and relaxers are harsh on your hair, and they need to be "neutralized".

A word of advice: Make sure you wash your hair (as you should also do w/ your skin) w/ cold water, because it doesn’t strip the natural shine of your hair and it doesn’t TANGLE your hair, making it more manageable for when you have to get the rollers done…it may be a little bit uncomfortable at first, but it is worth it, because it will save you so much trouble and pain on your arms.

Don’t listen to your hairstylist that says that African Americans cannot have long hair. There is an African American girl that comes to the place where I get my hair done, and has been able to maintain a healthy, mid length hair. I do think that it takes hard work, and you need to:

Some of these tips you may or may not know, I write it because I don't know how you treat your hair and it may be helpful for you or someone else. I am not an expert but these are the tips I have followed and I have been using relaxers since I was 9, and I am 23 now. None of this will damage your hair.

1) Only wash your hair ONCE A WEEK: Relaxed hair is not supposed to be washed everyday because the chemical can come off and besides, it is a very high maintenance hair and you won’t have the time (nor) the patience to wash it everyday.
2) Besides a little shine serum when you blowdry your hair, don’t put any more products into the hair until you wash it, excess product will make your hair greasy.
3) Cut the ends every 8 weeks, very important…it is better to have short but healthy hair than long, limp hair.
4) If you have very dry hair, put some mayonnaise or ripe avocado: sounds gross but it does wonders to your hair…you can put this on in replacement of a deep conditioning treatment, you can put it down and gt a massage on your head and then go under the hair bonnet dryer so that it penetrate hair follicles.
5) I think cornrows are bad for your hair, especially if your hair is thin…my reasoning? Well the people that make cornrow pull the hair of the front part of your head and the pulling BREAKS the hair.
6) Once your hair has DRIED w/ the rollers on, you might or might not want to get the blowdry...you don't have to do it if you don't want, we just do it to style it and to take away the "crecimiento".
7) Also...make sure that you are not using HOT rollers. The rollers you need are the plastic ones, remember you are trying to avoid the less damage to your hair and relaxing and heating are damaging in itself, so don't use more damaging things.
8) Avoid flat irons, curling iron, curling brush,....again, the LEAST damage as possible because these are all heat and you don't want more heat than the heat from the blowdryer/ hair bonnet dryer...if you want to have "vueltas" at the ends of your hair you have to make anchoitas....pm me if you want to know how they are done.

I will give more tips, these are the ones I remember for now. Let me know if I answered your question.

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
Some tips that have helped my hair grow healthy and long:

I don't use a relaxer, but use a texturizer instead,

I have it texturized by a good stylist 3 times a year. Waiting longer between getting it done prevents overlapping of the chemicals.

I use Neutrogena Tripple Moisture shampoo, conditioner, and leave in conditioner.

I deep condition once per week, wash with shampoo 1 times per week, and wash with conditioner 2 days a week.

I only use a shine serum and leave in conditioner on my hair.

I plan on trying some good Dominican products, but don't know where to find them where I live.

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
I don't even know how to describe it very well, but
I just think that it is a blowout that applies enough heat and were the hairstylist pulls the hair enough from the root to the point that it leaves the hair as straight as possible ...I don't know how to describe it really well, but for us dominicans at least, it works because our hair is very thick and it can take the heat and not get damaged if we follow the tips that I wrote in my previous post.

dainty39gm

May 22, 2006
Dominican Hair Products

This is where I order most of my dominican hair products: Beauty & Health

Last edited by a moderator:

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
Thanks for the link. Has anyone tried the silicon mix products? I have heard they are very good.

rahming1

Dec 11, 2007
What kind of products are you looking for (shampo, conditioner, etc.)?

What's your hair type (straight, frizzy, curly)?

If you give me the answers to the above questions, I can recommend you some good products for your hair, that you can get in a Saloon or at the mall there.

cwoodward3356

My hair is relaxed with a bleach coming out. I have a breakage in the back and middle of my hair is short. The top and sides are long.

rahming1

Dec 11, 2007
My hair is relaxed with a bleach that is coming out. I have a breakage in the back and middle of my hair. It has length on top and sides but back and middle is hort.

Reactions: waytogo

luckynucky

Dec 21, 2007
What Should I Do

hi im newbie on this web site and would like some feedback on this situation.My Dominican stylist was told several times that i prefer her only to do my hair and the last several times i went she started doing my hair and then another stylist finished because when it was time to take rollers out and blowdry my stylist was doing her own hair and under dryer and it ****es me off because im paying for Nani services and shes not finishing my hair,i dont like the younger stylist i like her,so last couple times i didnt tip her,because i wont get in anybodys chair ill sit and wait for her i mean why cant they respect my wishes?We only have 2 dominican salons where i live and they other one is more costly.I did my own hair at home last 3 weeks because of this.I use the same products and rollerset but cant blowdry like she can.

Marty

Dec 1, 2008
Im newbie here, and I am interested in strictly dominican hair products, my hair is fine to medium texture and seeking a softer hair shampoo and conditioner, somthing light, without no heaviness, any suggestions please?

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Im newbie here, and I am interested in strictly dominican hair productstell THEM what I nee, my hair is fine to medium texture and seeking a softer hair shampoo and conditioner, somthing light, without no heaviness, any suggestions please?

You may be able to find a light shampoo but finding a light conditioner is going to be hard because the majority of Dominican's women hair is thick and coarse so the conditioners are thick and designed to give moisture.
I use 10en1 Shampoo and a Conditioner called Emergencia. Both are dominican products but Emergencia is very good for coarse curly (even nappy) hair. I will ask my Dominican stylist in the USA what she would suggest. The Dominican stylists here (in Santiago) use the same thing on everyone. I take my own shampoo and conditioner to the salon and tell them how I want things done because here their focus is not "healthy" hair as long as it "looks" good whereas my stylist in the USA has a focus on healthiness.
SHALENA

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Spam hair .com

FATHER CHRISTMAS SUIT FOR SALE FITS MOST DOGS
101_1480.jpg
101_1482.jpg
Back Massage ?5.00 per hour
Squirrel.gif

Breast enlargement LOOK HERE
BOUNCINGTITS.gif
pole dancing lessons
WILLY.jpg
ATT00011.gif

A Lot of these on here
sock.jpg
and these on here
SPAM.gif
Where are these hair products can you see them
CAMEL.jpg
Last but not least this is good for your hair pour over your head and it comes up half cut
MINZAPINT-1.jpg
4c1g5le.jpg

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Alter Ego Hair Products for Dominicans

Im newbie here, and I am interested in strictly dominican hair products, my hair is fine to medium texture and seeking a softer hair shampoo and conditioner, somthing light, without no heaviness, any suggestions please?

We distribute 'Alter Ego Italy' Salon Hair Products to Dominican Salons - they all love and use it - send me a PM if you want more info, I'm sure we have something perfect for you.

Nimble

Mar 19, 2011
I have been purchasing Dominican hair care products for over half a year now, but with a new addition to the family arriving soon :eek:) I have to start cutting down on how much and what i spend money on :( has anyone found a good site that sells dominican hair products or natural hair care products at reasonable prices?

Reactions: waytogo

CandaceL87

Mar 24, 2011
Yes BeautyofNewYork.com is GREAT! I get my conditioners from there (Diez en Uno and Universal Bomba) I also use the Universal Bomba leave-in w/ Avocado cream. It leaves your hair sooo soft.... Great prices too!

DR1 is not in the business of advertising every salon website that handles Dominican Hair products.
Therefore the urls have been removed, these are spam.
If we allowed these, we would have to allow a ream of other urls on various subjects.
Giving advice and product names is fine, but we are not allowing direct linking to the product websites, Google is your friend, learn to use it to look up information on the products that are recommended.

iamonlygirl

Mar 30, 2008
**looking to buy large quantities of hair products**

I am in the US and I would like to know where I can buy cases of hair products like Silicon Mix and Baba de Caracol & more directly from DR. I am looking for wholesale pricing. Thanks.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Curious with Dominican hair products being so great, is there a brand that makes good hair color?
Alternatively do Dominican hair salons do color and what should I expect to pay? I am a gringo on
the North Coast.