Dominican Law and Minors

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
The nitty gritty of it is, I left my boyfriend back home (in the US), and he left his girlfriend back home (in the DR). I have complete trust in this man, and we are able to freely discuss everything. The problem is that he was dating a girl who is now 17... about to be 18 in 20 days (he is 22).

I was confused when you say he left his gf back home in the DR. Are you talking about your American bf or your current DR bf?.. Your DR bf has this problem or your ex?. If it's your Dominican bf, I agree with the other posters, be firm that you're not going to pay. Tell them to keep you out of it... You should be enjoying each other's company & not be worried or stressed over his drama. I wonder if he's worth it.

Good luck.

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
Makes no sense to me. Who in their right mind writes back and forth to a boyfriend about NOT having had sex yet. And if they haven`t had intercourse then what is he worried about with these emails to prove it.

Sounds crazy for me too..
She has send text to him and said they never had sex.
But now will she sued him and bring him to court.
And it is if they had sex together , can he be fined by court
Just be together and maybe only kissing her, are no crime, even if she is under 18 years.

This look very strange,
Why did she send text that said their never had sex ??? Why, to be nice to her former boyfriend ?? And in one way help him, so his new girlfriend will be more pleased and happy ??
And then suddenly sued him and want to hurt him..
This sounds very complicated and then smell more and more as a staged scam ....

And for the record, I am sure many Dominican boys that are from 18 to 20 years old has been with 16 and 17 years old Dominican girls and had sex with them and the boys has never been sued in court later

jmrc

May 15, 2012
not a cougar ... thanks i'm 25. P.s. this forum sucks. Everyone here is so negative (for the most part). Our problem has been resolved, thanks so much...

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Please try not to take the straight to the point advise to the heart. There's a lot of D.R. experience giving on this site. At times with a delivery that might be hard to swallow, but please don't discard the advise.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they can smell your wallet, woman. dominicans (and possibly teens everywhere) bang like rabbits in a small cage. no one makes a deal out of it unless monies are involved. or MTV...

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
not a cougar ... thanks i'm 25. P.s. this forum sucks. Everyone here is so negative (for the most part). Our problem has been resolved, thanks so much...

Well ok then bye....Seriously what did you expect? You put your problem on here so you got what you asked for, opinions...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

I love when newbie posters don't get the expected outcome to their questions, instead get a dose of reality.

You're in a relationship with a guy that has been in a relationship with a minor for two years and this forum sucks?

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
You're in a relationship with a guy that has been in a relationship with a minor for two years and this forum sucks?

Or, you're in a foreign country, and a relationship blip comes up and you need to rely on the internet for advice. How sad is that. Now it's resolved itself and you didn't need DR1's help. All is good.

Good luck to you and I hope you surround yourself with wise Dominican girlfriends as your relationship progresses.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Makes no sense to me. Who in their right mind writes back and forth to a boyfriend about NOT having had sex yet. And if they haven`t had intercourse then what is he worried about with these emails to prove it.

She's a lovesick teenager, a set which does not intersect with the set of rightminded people.

Status
Not open for further replies.