"Dominican Men suck" written by a woman scorned

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
stormer said:
A lot of poor women, don't even know what a sankie is though.

Sorry. I was referring to women who can afford to travel to the DR and enjoy a nice vacation (and maybe more lol :bunny: ;) ).

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
I haven't had the opportunity to read every reply to the original message but there are a few things I'd like to say.

I assume that many of the women who go to DR are of a certain class and possibly even educated (although that may be argued since they seem to generalize a bit harshly). Someone said that dominican men are insecure, but I think it takes a certain type of "educated middle class" foreign woman to accept "piropos" and give in to a low class man from a "3rd world country"...what did u expect? I doubt the guys you found in the DR were of the middle to upper class type of men (they aren't the ones hanging out in the touristic areas waiting for the next gringa who'd like some spice in her life). I doubt that you'd walk ie. the streets of New York and go out w/ the first guy who hollers at you in the street and expect him to be the man of your dreams. The fact that your in a tropical country should not make a difference in that standards you have when looking for men.

It is true that men being unfaithful in the DR is sadly common---but please be careful when you generalize. My father is dominican (as am I) and has always been there for my mother my sisters, and myself (by the way, he was poor...oh and he doesn't have other children nor has he been married before); he has always given me a good example and every reason in the world to treat women with respect. But yet people like yourselves rather dismiss whatever would prove your theory wrong (out of spite perhaps? or does it make it easier when you blame an entire culture?...maybe that helps you to not come to the sad conclusion that you made a mistake knowing what you were getting into but keeping denial as your guard...all because of YOUR own insecurities.

reinadelmangu

Jan 31, 2006
What my question for theses white chicks complaining about Dominican men is: if you think they're so damn screwed up, why the hell did you try to get something started? I seriously doubt that ANY white girl, no matter how "color blind" they claim to be who goes to DR does not have even a little sense of superiority. So why are you going after these so-called dogs? Can't you get your own white prince? Or are YOU too insecure for that?

Nov 16, 2005
WWW.TRANS-PAQ.COM
I lived in the Domincan for three years. as a tourist guide, saw alot of things that were not to my liking, sankies dropping off one girlfriend as the next was arriving, usually from the same country, telling the one leaving ( with tears of course how much they were going to miss them) they would write, but end of story who could get them to that country the fastest would be the winner.
and there were many when i told them if you want to be friends great. if you want to be a citizen find the next girl off the plane............. some agreed to be friends, and some totally ingnored me for the next 3 yrs. Depends on the person and what they want...............if you give them a realistic view on your life and what you want......from them, you most probably will get the same back, be honest about what you want and talk about what they want,
do you want to live in the DR ,? what do they want to do ,? Live in country.?
ARe they pressuring you into starting papers? YOU HAVE YOUR ANSWER....
Are they only interested in you when you are there? Do they email you or call you at their expense or yours? ??????? to ask yourself......They are all great guys looking out for their interests.............Most, not all are looking for
a way to get out of their country, to make money . Eventually to send money home to their families. If you are a rich dominican, you would not need to look outward, but if you are poor or uneducated but cute, or handsome or beautiful what would you do for your family, if they don't have enough to eat or pay the rent.? Put yourself in their shoes and imagine............

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
superiority?

reinadelmangu said:
What my question for theses white chicks complaining about Dominican men is: if you think they're so damn screwed up, why the hell did you try to get something started? I seriously doubt that ANY white girl, no matter how "color blind" they claim to be who goes to DR does not have even a little sense of superiority. So why are you going after these so-called dogs? Can't you get your own white prince? Or are YOU too insecure for that?

I am sorry for hijacking the thread, OP. And this little thing I wanted to say to reinadelmangu:

Reina, I am not one of those white chicks.

But I have read their posts here and seen a few live in person in the RD.

You wrote, and I quote, "I seriously doubt that ANY white girl, no matter how "color blind" they claim to be who goes to DR does not have even a little sense of superiority. "

Hmn.......I do not think many White Chicks (foreign ones) feel superior to anyone based on skin color. That went out in the north about the time that women gave up gloves and man gave up hats, well, maybe a little later. But long time ago.

On the other hand, are you refering to White Dominican Ladies?

In my own humble and personal experience, I want to say that I KNOW that most of them act as if they feel superior to all DARKER people.

On this thread we're talking about foreign chicks and their Dominican men, I think.

We could start ANOTHER thread to talk about White Dominican Women with darker men.

But I have a feeling that there would be few ladies to discuss.

Thank you OP for your patience with me, off to brush my teeth and don the flannel night gown -- Sam

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
True in every country!

Conchman said:
these women were turned on by these guys slick moves and then are surprised when he pulls them on other girls when they are out of the room. too funny.

Conchman - I had to laugh. You are so spot on. And I think this happens in same-nationality relationships everywhere.

Funny? Maybe sad.........

Nov 16, 2005
WWW.TRANS-PAQ.COM
I know the thread is old., but i understand what you are saying.I have been married to a dominican for 14 years, and totlaly understand your predicament.
Most when they are in their country, are great and wonderful at you side go out with you...........Mine , I met in my county with his papers and passport done. Their is a huge difference, are they dependant on you, to get them out"
We have one child together, but things are always hard , cultural differences.
they we did not grow up with, history from their families, and how they grew up. But don't believe for one second they are all cut from the same cloth.
Talk before............. You may learn...what exactly they are looking for?\\\
If sex and dancing is the only thing you have in common, then you need to look elsewhere. you can get that in any country and city in the world..
Look to yourself before you blame someone else.

Laurelle

Jan 31, 2006
Not all suck!!

Well I just spent the last hour reading through these and must post something.

To the OP way back when....Paulita, it's very unfortunate that you are so scorned and bull headed. I have to say just like all the other people and more particular Miguel that not all Dominican Men are the same. But what bothers me more is the fact that you are raising a child who IS half Dominican and it will be that child who is going to suffer from your ignorance towards his fathers culture. You OWE it to your child to get yourself educated on the Dominican culture and make sure that he is raised with both of his heritage in place.

To everyone else, I agree some Dominican Men are scum, jerks, sankies whatever the lingo for them is today, but I must say I am married to a great guy.... and guess what he is a pure bread Dominicano. I did not meet him on a vacation, I did not meet him at a resort, but I did meet him in Dominican Republic but that is irrelevant. What I want to say is my opinion only so no need to go on the vengence and belittle me or my better half. I believe that the majority of the "scorned" stories from these girls are just as people have been saying, they are scorned because they allowed themselves to be. You can't just say it's Dominican men and they are the scum of the earth, I have met several men (as I am sure a lot of women do and I am 28), a German who beat me, a Scot who drank himself silly, and a Canadian who was more into his car than me, but I by no means go and shout out loud about how scorned I am by them, and I most definitely do not hold a grudge against that culture. You have found yourself in a ****ty circumstance and you have to learn to deal from your mistakes, we all make mistakes as part of the human race that is one of our faults we do make mistakes. A relationship is whatever you make it be, and whatever you allow it to be, if it's so bad get out an move on!!

Now for me being married to a great guy, he's awesome, our family is great, and our daughter has been brought up knowing both her heritage, both Canadian and Dominican. I know this is a scorned page but I had to boast a little!!

Now back to Dominican Men who "suck" or in my opinion are your lust when you are on vacation and then the man you married and bring home, your first mistake was letting the lust of sea, sun and surf, ohhh and some drinks get the best of you!! Think about any relationship, it's always different after you live together and see each other 24/7 it's not easy, and life isn't always fair, but you can't blame the culture, we are all human,we all bleed, we all cry but it's not a cultural thing to be cheaters. I will say it again, your relationship is what you make it and what you allow it to be!! I will agree some Dominican men are unfaithful, but reality is ALOT of men from all different countries are unfaithful it's not just from Dominican Republic!!! I have friends that are Dominican Men and Dominican Women who yes are only out for a lay, and they do look for the foreigners because they do know that you are vulnerable, they do know that you are "easy" while on vacation, sun, drinks and paradise do that to us creatures... Do I condone what they do? No not at all but it's not for me to say, I see how these chicks work, I see it regularily, especially when I go for a "holiday" to a resort, it's rather sad to see these little chiquitas getting taken advantage of, but guess what, they are letting it happen!! So for you to say you are scorned and the Dominican Men are horrible and it's all them, you are FAR WRONG!! It takes 2 to tango and there's always 2 sides to every story.

I can't say I am sorry that you are scorned, all I can say is that I hope you have learned from your "mistake" and have moved on to brighter and better things!!!!

Cheers!!

Laurelle :squareeye

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
reinadelmangu said:

Very good points. :)

I bet that these women cannot get their own White (or any other race) prince in their home country.

These women seriously need to wake up from their fantasy dream and come back to reality.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
The reason why Dominicans cheat on their women is solved!

It has been stated a number of times about Dominicans, Latinos and the lower class populations in all countries producing so many babies. People have mentioned that this mass production of offspring has a negative effect on the population as a whole. Particularly when a person has a difficult time supporting themselves much less 5 or 6 children.

The reasoning behind this desire to have sex with multiple partners and to produce so many offspring has been discovered by scientists. They have discovered why we have sex;

http://www.livescience.com/animalworld/060301_evolution_sex.html

Rick

Nov 16, 2005
WWW.TRANS-PAQ.COM
sorry for the typo meant the DR. or dominican republic

mountainfrog said:
Should have been enough time to learn the name of the country....
m'frog
sorry for the typo, but......................dominican republic, republica dominicana, republique dominicaine, etc. forgive my typos I was tired. as i am now............:bunny: :cheeky: ;)

babydollphilly

Apr 21, 2006
domincan men suck

I AM A ATTRACTIVE AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL FROM PHILLY. I HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE. I ALSO HAD A BAD TIME DATING A DOMINICAN MAN. THE GUYS AT WORK ALL DISCOURAGED ME AT WORK FOR DATING HIM SAYING MEN FROM THAT CULTURE HAVE A LOT OF GIRLFRIENDS BUT I DIDNT KNOW ANY BETTER. I TRIED TO ACCEPT HIM AS A PERSON. HE USED MY CAR TO SEE OTHER GIRLS. HOWEVER HE NEVER WANTED ME TO GO ANYWHERE AND IF HE SUSPECTED ME OF CHEATING HE WOULD GO OFF. HE EVEN GRABBED MY ARM REALLY TIGHT WHEN HE SUSPECTED ME OF CHEATING.THEN OUT OF THE BLUE HE JUST STOPPED CALLING.I WAS REALLY HEART BROKEN BECAUSE HE WAS A REALLY NICE GUY, I HAD FUN WITH HIM. BUT HE LEFT HIS PHONE WITH ME HE HAD A LOT OF GIRLS NUMBERS ON IT. I MET HIM IN A CLUB HERE IN PHILLY AND I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER BECUASE I TALKED TO OTHER SPANISH GUYS AND THEY TOLD ME DOMINICAN MEN YOU MEET IN CLUBS ARE THE WORST.BUT HE IS THE ONE WHO WANTED TO MEET MY CHILDREN AND SEEMED AS IF HE WANTED SOMETHING MORE SERIOUS I HAD KNOW PROBLEM DATING HIM FOR JUST FUN.BUT A LOT OF THINGS I READ IN HERE IS RIGHT PEOPLE ONLY CAN DO WHAT YOU ALLOW THEM TO DO. I WOULD DATE ANOTHER DOMINCAN GUY BUT THIS TIME I WOULD ASK A LOT MORE QUESTIONS AND TAKE IT A BIT SLOWER.SO DONT BLAME THE WHITE GIRLS FOR GETTING CAUGHT UP WITH THE CHARM AND GOOD LOVING I GOT CAUGHT UP TO AND I HAVE BEEN WITH ENOUGH AFRICAN AMERICAN MEN NOT TO GET STUCK ON THE GOOD LOVING. I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC TO SEE THE GUYS THERE. I BEEN TO JAMICA AND THAT WAS THE FUN AND THEY DO THE SAME THING THERE. EVEN WHEN I WENT TO HAWAII THEY GUYS THERE TRIED TO TALK TO YOU TOO. SO MEN WILL BE MEN SO JUST HAVE FUN:bunny:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Welcome babydoll. Can you please hit that caps key it's very hard to read your post.

Thanks

Last edited: