RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
k0663a.jpg

2vlsg8k.jpg

as requested

matilda

J

John Evans

Thank you for the pictures - looks like everyone was enjoying themselves...can you circle the higher end Dominicans so I know whether I should speak to them- hope your pomegranate wasnt crushed

lasalsa

Apr 9, 2008
WOW.. Nice party.. Those type are the best!

Is that a ROCK BAND playing? Cause I'm sure NOBODY here listens to Bachata ;)!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
BTW...What was the occasion? Celebration about? Just curious...

No idea!! Why should I know it was only my house! It was a friend of my husbands sugggested our house for an associate of his who wanted to give a post election thank you party for the faithful in this area - as far as I know. And there were purple hats around.

Hope that helps. The music was bachata, merengue, a rap band, plus some sort of ballads whilst eating the pigs.

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves but I think the vodka for breakfast helped that along!

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thank you for the pictures - looks like everyone was enjoying themselves...can you circle the higher end Dominicans so I know whether I should speak to them- hope your pomegranate wasnt crushed

Pomegranate wasn't touched thank God. And I can't do circling on this!!!

Mattie

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Matilda says hello in a liitle voice!

Well I am still alive at the moment. But feeling a tad precious with jackhammers in my head. Actually it all went well. About 280 people. And a band. Dogs spent day with paws in their ears, but cheered up when they each got a pigs head to eat. It was pretty chaotic and the pool looked very murky but this morning it is on the mend. Few bathroom problems like used toilet paper all over floors in bathroom. Flood in His bathroom and in my bathroom the girls all peed and you know what in the bidet which was lovely to clean up!

Still nothing was taken, and the only thing broken was a chopping board which was use to cut up the pigs with a machete. All the floors are very sticky even though they have been cleaned twice!

The head man was very happy and unfortunately he wants to do it again!!!! And the local Haitians were also very happy as they had all the left over food.

Sorry you didn't call in Frank!!!

Matilda

Glad it all went well & thank you for the pics. Next time put up the sign explaining what a bidet is for. You could make it light hearted by using well placed illustrations......... :)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Glad it all went well & thank you for the pics. Next time put up the sign explaining what a bidet is for. You could make it light hearted by using well placed illustrations......... :)

Wished we had some of those around here, in weather like this 90 plus, it could come in handy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 31, 2005
LOL. That is funny M.A.R. I actually see many bidets in the Dominican Republic. But they are in the more elegant European style homes. I was actually surprised when I moved to the US and did not find bidets in the homes. That is when my mother explained to me that this was an European custom. I maybe saw one bidet so far here and it was because it was in the home of a Dominican and he decided to build it with one.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I hope your husband gets a nice botella out of this PLD celebration party. :)
AZB

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
WOW I am amazed that you pulled it off. You should go into party planning, well done!! I'm sure everyone had a great time. Did you meet any decent single men for me hehehe

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
WOW I am amazed that you pulled it off. You should go into party planning, well done!! I'm sure everyone had a great time. Did you meet any decent single men for me hehehe

Let me assist you with this one nikke ......

1) take a look at "matildas trip to the north" thread on trip reports
2) take a look at Mr Matilda (feeding Archie the lamb)
3) apparently he has some youngstock - 2 boys ;)

Matilda very kindly mentioned this to me - my little black book is full at the moment however!

We really must start a thread on "beautiful men in the DR" and post our piccies - we could have a trade in section ....... lol

:laugh:

Rio

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
We really must start a thread on "beautiful men in the DR" and post our piccies - we could have a trade in section ....... lol

:laugh:

Rio

Hey Rio!!!!

You should start a thread on this.

I guess, if men like myself love looking at beautiful Dominicanas, then you ladies should get a chance as well.

Sadams

Feb 23, 2007
party

Hey Matilda,
Next party let me know! I'll fly in to help you. After the cooking is done, I'll be pool monitor!