Dominican Troops Must Stay on in Iraq, Says US

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
U.S. military

Joel I am in the US Navy. My reason for objecting to Dominican Troops in Iraq is very simple. The amount of troops that the DR sends is not sufficient to handle their own security. I feel that without enough personnel to be their own regional command then being attached to another countries is not good news.
I cannot with any experience comment on the abilities of the DR troops. I am strictly looking at the numbers of people that are being sent and it is not enough. As far as Dominicans in general I have served with and put my life in the hands of several Dominicans and have no trouble doing so again.
As far as American interest in Iraq goes I have my reasons to feel we were justified. I do not feel the reasons put out were in fact correct or accurate but I have no trouble with us going in. I just feel it is American interest that is at stake and I cannot see the Dominican Republic either suffering or gaining anything from anything dealing with Iraq.
I just do not see a single Dominican Interest being involved in Iraq.
John

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
What I don't understand

Ok.

How many people in this board know how much money make a Dominican Army guy a month?

As soon as those Dominican come back to the Dominican after put their life in risk in the war. are they going to get any proffit from the US latter on like a work visa for the future?

I understand that is American Interest but what about Dominican Rep. is not going to get some thing like lower price in oil or any opportunities for those guys from USA?

You know what I mean I give you and you give me.
like help each nation.

Homer Simpson

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Simpson Homer;

Put your hand back in your pocket! The deployment of Dominican Troops to Iraq by Hipolito has NOTHING to do with any sort of handout to the troops involved! Get real man. Hippo wanted to impress the world community and curry favor with the US Government and that is a simple fact. He had no such stipulation of getting any reward that would filter down to the troops involved.
Additionally, how can you possibly tie any individual remuneration to troops of any nation to their deployment in Iraq when such total deployment was a Coilition deployment to begin with! And as such it became incumbent for each participant to reward their troops as they saw fit.
As an aside, President Busch offered ALL non-citizens of the US Armed Forces serving in the area US Citizenship upon application, thus rewarding them in addition to other things an opportunity here-to fore not offered.

In addition, you might look back upon some of your whining comments and ask yourself just who you are for and against, HUH?

Texas Bill

Last edited:

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Mr. Texas

I'm not against not body but the only thing that I am disagree is about Dominican citizen putting in risk their life for what?

You are right maybe 300% but MY opinion and what I saw at news when all the problem began. That every country need to support the war because if not those country will be considerate as terrorism supporters. I understand perfectly what you mean.

But Im disagree about Dominicans bein there.

Sorry guy, but thats my opinion.

I will keep my hand out off my pockets

Status
Not open for further replies.