Dominicans around the world

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Coachnacho.

Welcome to DR1. Glad to seeing another new member on the board.

I'm not trying to poke fun at you but you need to reposition your compass. As Tampa is on the West coast of Florida even one minute West would put you out into Tampa Bay. I'm sorry but having lived in Tampa for a number of years I just had to say something.

As I haven't been back in a long time how are things in Ybor City? Now that was a rocking place.

Rick

AbraahamLcn

Jan 4, 2007
I am seek for effective program for AD!!!

Give me link to SEO software (promotion, advertisement, etc.). I'm need it to promote my new e-shop.
Thanks.

coachnacho

Dec 27, 2006
Good morning, Rick, and thank you for the welcome. It is okay to poke fun but my compass is correct. The city of Seminole is very close (less than two miles) from the Gulf of Mexico. It is in between St Petersburg and Clearwater.
Ybor City is HOT!!! St Petersburg has BAYWALK which is turning out to be something else. A lot of Salsa dancing on the weekends whether it is Ybor City, the Pier or Baywalk in St. Pete.. The latinos are showing up in bunches.That is so neat to see and enjoy.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I am a Dominican living in Seminole, Florida (Seminole is 30 minutes west of Tampa) You should see all the Dominicanos that live here in the Tampa Bay area and over in Orlando (less than 2 hours from here) El merengue and bachata is alive and well in Florida

Also a lot of dominican in Alachua county, Gainesville FL and Ocala FL.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Dominican Society expands in UK lol

There's quite a few Dominicans here these days, we went to a party at the weekend and everyone there was shocked at the number of Dominicans that came along check out Dominican Connection for pics and videos

vidaconproposito

Feb 23, 2007
www.ywamsandiegobaja.org
Domincans around the world

Collection of threads appearing in DR about where Dominicans live abroad.

So far, there have been posts about Dominicans living in these areas:

San Diego, CA. USA.
http://www.ywamsandiegobaja.org/page.aspx?type=Staff&page_id=2077&title=God's%20Child&menu=staffstu

Miami, USA. Dominicans in Miami / professionals - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Chicago, USA. Chicago Dominicans - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA. Dominicans in Hampton Roads area? - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Dominicans in Michigan - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Ohio, USA
Dominican's in Ohio - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Massachusetts & Rhode Island
dominicans in boston!!!! - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums
A donde tan lo Dominicano de Worcester, MA?? - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Los Angeles, California. http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41651

Houston, Texas. http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30873

San Antonio, Texas
Dominicans in San Antonio, TX - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Georgia
Dominicans in Georgia - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Arizona
Dominican Beauty Salons in Mesa, Arizona? - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Europe:

Manchester, England
any dominicans in manchester england??? - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

London, England
any dominicans in london\south area? - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Dominicans in UK - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Holland. Dominicans in Holland - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Japan. Dominicans in Japan - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Halifax, Canada. Any Dominicans in Halifax NS? - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

British Columbia
Are there any Dominicans in Norther British Columbia, Canada? - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Please keep posting the country where Dominican live around the world.

LaVega2Bronx

Apr 22, 2007
Most certainly, NY is that place not so far away from our homeland (in some ways). Nevertheless, you do feel that connection back to our land whenever and wherever you run into some1 from our barrio or ciudad. Those little chats about some comercials we heard or some good orquesta back in the 80's that we used to dance to. That's pretty much all you need, and there you have it, a little bit of you away from our batwing-shape-island. From LaVega2TheBronx .. :)

John D Pagan

Nov 27, 2007
Where is the help going????????

Hi To Whom It May Concern

Make sure the help you send make it to the one that are still waiting out there in the sugar fields the south west end of DR

-----Original Message-----
To: me yahoo <hencye@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:04 am
Subject: Domincan Republic Relief Work

Pastor Vic from CC Aventura Florida, just returned from the DR. He witnessed first hand the devestation and destruction that Noel brought to these people. The reports from him and another ministry in that area have told us that most of the relief effort containers are getting stopped by the government and are not being handed out to the people!

Pastor Vic's church has an ongoing ministry in the DR and they are working together to personally help out with the relief efforts. They are asking for several things from the Body of Christ!

First of all-pray for these people. As with all disasters such as this, people look for answers and God's people need to be on hand to help them with their physical needs so that they can have the opportunity to share Jesus' love and the message of Salvation with those in need. While in the DR this past weekend, his team was able to help out about 35 needy families with food, clothes and waterproof hip boots! But most importantly, 15 people came to know the Lord, praise God!!

Pastor Vic is planning a second trip down from December 1st-4th. He has rented a 12 passenger van to use on the trip and wants to have about 10 people to help him with this outreach. Currently there are 6 who have committed to this trip, so he could use 4 more. Not to discriminate, but men are preferred because of the sleeping conditions and locations won't facilitate separate quarters as we seek to be above reproach in all we do. Ladies, fear not, as there will be other trips planned in the future that will be more accommodating. If you are interested in a different trip, please let me know and I will gladly get you all the details!

Because of the problems associated with goods being shipped to the DR, they will be accepting monetary donations. They will personally go to the DR with 100% of these funds and purchase food, bedding, clothing, water, waterproof hip boots, etc and hand deliver them to different families in the flooded areas. As I mentioned, they already had an ongoing ministry in the DR. They will be working hand in hand with this ministry, which will also provide follow up discipleship for them after the relief teams have left.

All of your donations will be tax deductible.

Please visit the following website, Guardian Themeset. There are links about the church in the DR as well as instructions with where to send your check.

Thank you so much for your prayers and generosity. Feel free to contact me or the CC Aventura if you need any more information.

We have also been talking with Be His Witness, a ministry of people who attend our church. They too have ongoing ministry in the DR and had already planned a trip in January. Their website is Be His Witness ::. Feel free to check this website out as well. If you are interested in helping with vitamins for needy children in the world, they also have a major ministry that does this. Again, you can contact them or me for more information.

Proclaiming the Lord in all we do,
In season and out of season,

God Bless,
Curt and Mary Jo Hencye

Contact Info:

Curt:
Cell-941-915-9560
Skype-hencye
email-hencye@yahoo.com

Mary Jo:
Cell-941-374-1607
Skype-mjhencye
email-olatnat@hotmail.com

Guardian Themeset

lafleurb

Sep 14, 2007
Hi my name is Bill and my wife Yroquis is Dominican. She moved up here from Passaic, NJ [talk about a huge Dominican community!] a few years back and lately has been feeling a bit lonely. I was wondering if anyone has any contact info for groups of Dominicans in Portland, Maine or Portsmouth, New Hampshire areas? We know there's a pretty big community in Lawrence, Mass as well but don't have any URLs or contacts there.