Dominicans in Hampton Roads area?

kcl060

Dec 10, 2006
Monchy y Alexandra in Richmond!!

no prob ssasy. Just wanted to let you all know that Monchy y Alexandra will be giving a concert at Quisqueya on the 16th of this month (march). You can buy tickets at Mi Pais market, which is owned by the same people who own Quisqueya. The cost is $60. Here is the info for Mi Pais market's address and phone number.

5347 Hull Street Rd
Richmond, VA 23224
(804) 291-1385

kcl060

Dec 10, 2006
It's possible that this is their old phone number. They moved Mi Pais mart to the building next to where it used to be, so don't fret if the number doesn't work. I promise it's still open because I was just there yesterday :)

kcl060

Dec 10, 2006
Yea and I'm not Dominican, but I'm always at Quisqueya on Saturdays whenever I come home from school, since I'm in school in Charlottesville. I can still hook you up with the Dominican/latino spots in Richmond :) Is anyone going to Dr any time from August to December? I'll be there for school and I was just curious if anyone else would be there, too.

ssasy

Mar 5, 2006
Yea and I'm not Dominican, but I'm always at Quisqueya on Saturdays whenever I come home from school, since I'm in school in Charlottesville. I can still hook you up with the Dominican/latino spots in Richmond :) Is anyone going to Dr any time from August to December? I'll be there for school and I was just curious if anyone else would be there, too.

Thanks for the info kcl060. I wish I could go, but it might be hard for us to find a sitter (No relatives in the area). But if we go I will let you know ( I usually I send my daughter to DR every year to spend some time with the family).
I am going to DR in August (already bought the tickets) and in December as well. There is no way I am spending another Christmas in C'ville.

olgacr33@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2008
Lonely area?

Hey Jon, welcome to the club I've been living in Northern Virginia for about two years now, coming from NY. It is kind of lonely around here, no sing of my paisanos at all. If I want to interact with some dominicans I need to travel to Maryland or DC, and I really have a good time whenever I d that. "Iam gad I found this page" You are not by yourself.

Good Luck!

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
I moved back to Miami two years ago, but might make a trip to VA this summer, time permitting. It's fun in the summer up there, but not enough for me to stay year-round.

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
been in hamton roads since 01.there is a dominican restaurant called mi tierra in va beach.