Dominicans in Las Terrenas are fed up with Haitians

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
What you see in this situation in Las Terrenas is a clue about DR's future. Within less than a decade, Haitians will rule over this nation. Haitian gangs will take over entire neighborhoods & police won't be able to fight back. I would say before 2030 Dominicans will have lost their sovereignty. I am in Las Terrenas, I personally know the lady who is speaking. what she says is true, and it's only the beginning. There is no way to stop that. Just watch Haiti (that I know very very well for the past 3 decades).
If you know history.. the Haitians took over the DR in the early 1800s.....and are doing the same today..............

Reactions: Fulano2

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
If you know history.. the Haitians took over the DR in the early 1800s.....and are doing the same today..............
I know history and I understand where you're coming from, but the situation is very different today. If you want to compare, just study the difference between 1980's Sweden and today's Sweden. This will give you the Dominican future at once.

Reactions: cavok and USA DOC

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It certainly feels like they are making an effort some days.

I think the Dominican Republic would be much better served if immigration
started working from 7pm to 7am. It's time to round up the criminals and direct
their resources towards the trouble makers instead of the guys who are
waking up at 5am trying to do the right thing by putting in 10 hours a day
of back breaking work to support their families, they can worry about them later.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
well thank God the Dominicans big wigs are giving the Haitians jobs if not the Haitians will be here with the machetes cutting your head off for what's in your pocket!!!

• Wow
Reactions: drstock

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
I sense there is a bit of an anti-Las Terrenas movement on this forum. Too many Hatians, disorder in the streets, too much construction, prices too high, fires all over the place etc. Las Terrenas is a beautiful place. One of the most attractive places in the DR.

Reactions: PCMike

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I sense there is a bit of an anti-Las Terrenas movement on this forum. Too many Hatians, disorder in the streets, too much construction, prices too high, fires all over the place etc. Las Terrenas is a beautiful place. One of the most attractive places in the DR.
You sense well. But the main issue seems to be Haitians and their actions.

Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You forgot the French... We did visit for a few days years ago . No reason to go back.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
You forgot the French... We did visit for a few days years ago . No reason to go
I talk with all natinalities. The Italians are fun and very open towards everybody. The French and the Canadians tend to keep their groups tight. I remember hearing from some English Canadisns that the French Canadians are so rude and loud. Then talking to a French lady from France she says the French Canadians are nice but the English Canadians are so rude and loud. Lol

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
You are correct. I think folks may resent it because it is a few price points beyond most expats’ financial capacity. I too would ordinarily not be able to afford a home there but I do feel it’s a beautiful place to visit and they have that great supermarket I forget the name! I noticed you did away with all hail to King Frederick now back to the industry trend-setting boyter.com!

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
You are correct. I think folks may resent it because it is a few price points beyond most expats’ financial capacity. I too would ordinarily not be able to afford a home there but I do feel it’s a beautiful place to visit and they have that great supermarket I forget the name! I noticed you did away with all hail to King Frederick now back to the industry trend-setting boyter.com!
Another one is Bayahibe. Not as big. Not as beautiful but the beaches are. Better located for services near to Punta Cana and not really that far from the capital.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What you see in this situation in Las Terrenas is a clue about DR's future. Within less than a decade, Haitians will rule over this nation. Haitian gangs will take over entire neighborhoods & police won't be able to fight back. I would say before 2030 Dominicans will have lost their sovereignty. I am in Las Terrenas, I personally know the lady who is speaking. what she says is true, and it's only the beginning. There is no way to stop that. Just watch Haiti (that I know very very well for the past 3 decades).
If in fact you feel strongly about this situation, especially "within in less than a decade" would it not be in your best interests to exit the DR?
What would keep any prudent man doing what they have firm believes in?? You are among others on this forum than have very negative viewpoints on the current and foreseeable future of the DR (including the capital)
Less than a decade is right around the corner. What action will you and others take...pray tell?
Here to learn and not critize others that feel differently than yours truly.

Reactions: drstock

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
If in fact you feel strongly about this situation, especially "within in less than a decade" would it not be in your best interests to exit the DR?
What would keep any prudent man doing what they have firm believes in?? You are among others on this forum than have very negative viewpoints on the current and foreseeable future of the DR (including the capital)
Less than a decade is right around the corner. What action will you and others take...pray tell?
Here to learn and not critize others that feel differently than yours truly.
I went back to Europe and there were things and still are that I am not happy with in the DR. It was also for health reasons I moved back. Now I am fine and considering moving back to the DR. There are always pros and cons anywhere. But the positives have to outweigh the negatives. Those types who complain all the time often will end up complaining in their home country too. The ones I can really understand who have to move back are the ones with kids at school age and maybe a health issue they can’t deal with in the DR.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I went back to Europe and there were things and still are that I am not happy with in the DR. It was also for health reasons I moved back. Now I am fine and considering moving back to the DR. There are always pros and cons anywhere. But the positives have to outweigh the negatives. Those types who complain all the time often will end up complaining in their home country too. The ones I can really understand who have to move back are the ones with kids at school age and maybe a health issue they can’t deal with in the DR.
The subject matter here is beyound complaining. I pay no attention any longr to complainers .Usually just a few grumpy all men that have idle time.
No, I'm referring to predictions, as in dooms day. Take over of the DR. By gangs. "This is the beginning " and the end of the DR as it is now will be very soon.
All I'm asking is: Why do the posters of this idea, and they seem to feel very strongly about their prediction, stay and face the consequences?
I'm not asking for stats, facts, bar charts...only, why are they staying and not going?

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Ok well. That is good to know. Dr1 is anti Las Terrenas and also the French I see.
That’s a big leap of faith you make there. Didn’t CardiB just acquire a property in LT? On the other hand, the French and FCs have forced themselves on Dominican society because they probably realize the days of the arrogant old guard are gone, although I have to hand it to them for hanging on to a dead language and some real smelly cheeses.

• Love
Reactions: windeguy

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
The subject matter here is beyound complaining. I pay no attention any longr to complainers .Usually just a few grumpy all men that have idle time.
No, I'm referring to predictions, as in dooms day. Take over of the DR. By gangs. "This is the beginning " and the end of the DR as it is now will be very soon.
All I'm asking is: Why do the posters of this idea, and they seem to feel very strongly about their prediction, stay and face the consequences?
I'm not asking for stats, facts, bar charts...only, why are they staying and not going?
Very tired of predictions in general. I saw one of these short IG / TikTok clips where Jeff Bezos says something like. Too many people talk about what will change in the future etc . It is more important to focus on what stays the same.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I talk with all natinalities. The Italians are fun and very open towards everybody. The French and the Canadians tend to keep their groups tight. I remember hearing from some English Canadisns that the French Canadians are so rude and loud. Then talking to a French lady from France she says the French Canadians are nice but the English Canadians are so rude and loud. Lol
everyone has an opinion I think it all comes down to everyone is different doesn't matter where you're from