Dominicans in North Carolina

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Make your move soon if don't wanna froze here, I went to the park this morning and I saw something that couldn't happens here in Raleigh as this is south, the kids where walking over the frozen water of the little lake.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
So many people can't be wrong!!!! most of the people I talk with agreed with me.
Raleigh NC is a Boring place.:paranoid:

JJ

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Bachata you have the same dilemma of every Dominican who lives in campitos all around the USA, we find every city not being NYC reaaaally boring and with nothing to do apart from watching novelas in Telemundo.

Did you go to NY already?

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I haven't been to NY yet, sure I'm gonna make it next summer but I'm not willing to move over there any more. Is too cold for me here in Raleigh NC and it is coldest in NY.
I'm use to live in open houses (open windows and open front door) fresh air circling in my house, I'm suffering of claustrophobia here. Last night my wife asked me to visit a psychiatric doctor because some time I get really bad and I have to open the windows or raise the shades or just go outside and walk for a minute.
My new challenge is Florida; tropical weather close to DR the airfare is alot cheaper, this way I will be able to go more frequently to visit my family and of course to have fun as this is a working life here in the US.

JJ

Last edited:

kireol

Feb 17, 2010
I work with a guy from the DR here in Detroit. He's not very good on the computer so I'm helping him out. :)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I would love to move to NC........but would have to secure a job first.

bachata if you are claustrophobic in NC imagine if you lived in NY OMG, you would definitly have to visit the hospital!!!

Meli91

Sep 11, 2010
wow..thank god i found this forum. Im dominican and i just moved to charlotte 2 weeks ago from Paterson, NJ. I really need to know where the dominican restaurants and hair salons are porque me estoy muriendo! I miss all the dominicans in jersey. I dont feel like myself here. I need to know where the dominican spots are. =]

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
wow..thank god i found this forum. Im dominican and i just moved to charlotte 2 weeks ago from Paterson, NJ. I really need to know where the dominican restaurants and hair salons are porque me estoy muriendo! I miss all the dominicans in jersey. I dont feel like myself here. I need to know where the dominican spots are. =]

JJ, help her out.

:bunny:Welcome to DR1.:bunny:

bachata

Aug 18, 2007

Hi Meli, I had same problem in the beginning trying to find my people, don't desperate as this will take time.
After three years I know bunch of people of all different nationalities, last night for example we visited our friend's house a (Salvadorian/Dominican family) we had dinner, played Dominoes and watch a movie.
In two or three years you won't miss Patterson NY, I've been there I can tell you that compared to NC this is the heaven here.

The day I got in Patterson NY I though I was in DR, broken streets, garbage everywhere, guys hanging out on the corners, old and ugly construction etc,etc.

This is the paradise here....

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
looking to buy a low miles Camry or Accord - year range 2004/ 2006. Car is for my wife I can't find a good deal in the RDU area.
I'll buy cash.

JJ

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Do I need a dealer license so that they can let me in same they do here in NC? Yes. I've heard about the good deal some people get in this car auction.

JJ

No, you dont need to be a dealer to get in.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
No, you dont need to be a dealer to get in.

I'll have to wait a couple months, just learned that this is not a good time to buy as people who usually are $$$ broken have some cash to spend at this time of the year....
Tax return money!!! Same like in DR, December is the worse time to buy as people have a company bonus (bonificacion) and an extra monthly salary payment ( reagalia pascual)....

JJ

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I'll have to wait a couple months, just learned that this is not a good time to buy as people who usually are $$$ broken have some cash to spend at this time of the year....
Tax return money!!! Same like in DR, December is the worse time to buy as people have a company bonus (bonificacion) and an extra monthly salary payment ( reagalia pascual)....

JJ

That is true, good strategy.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Tornadaos in NC

Past Saturday afternoon two powerful tornadoes affect a big area of Raleigh, North Carolina.
My neighborhood was partially destroyed, two houses across the stree from mine were complete level, we were evacuated by the police and the fire department for hours as they were concerned of an explosion or maybe a big fire as the gas spill....

Fortunately my house is in one peace but with lot of damages, I'll post some pictures later as now I'm using a very limited public internet connection we don't have power in the house.

JJ

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I read where NC received the brunt of that damn storm. I am glad you are alright. Stay in touch.
HB