DR$7,500 a month too cheap?

Tropicdude

May 26, 2009
Location Location Location, I have seen houses in other towns that rent for like 10K that if in a major City, would rent for 30K or more. Once you cross the bridge ( to Los Minas or Villa Mella ) prices do fall. but 13-15K seems reasonable for the house shown. but my advise is to put iron bars on those windows. and get your tinaco working. As for electric, the only zone thats really good with power is Gazcue ( presidential palace / American Embassy/ Palacio Policia/ Huacal etc) other zones even the so called "24hour" zones get blackouts, of course some areas are worse than others, if you share your grid where a lot of low income residents are, you will have more blackouts. I'm located in a so called 24 hour zone but get blackouts during the day, on off all day, but at night they are on continuous.

Last edited:

bearcat

Nov 12, 2008
It does seem that the "power issue" take away from fixed value of real property. I had a great place in La Julia and moved because I simply got tired of working around the power problem. I would have paid more for the same place if I did not have to be bothered with the power issue. Power takes money from everyones pocket.

Bearcat