DR is one o the World,s top retirement haven!

Driftwood

Feb 7, 2012
Does the 'P' in your screen name stand for Parrot, you don't alf chirp on repeating yourself! 'low cost food', 'low cost food', 'cheap living', 'cheap living', 'pretty polly', 'pretty polly', change the frinkin record mann. There is a world of difference in controversial and annoying (any dumbass can be annoying), sooner or later you will be on so many peoples ignore list that mirror in your cage will be the only attention you will get.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
There is no way to rise up on the list over there at International Living which is not really a magazine but rather a sort of shell company for sending folks down to specific real estate projects in foreign countries....

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"pee-eye-two","Good Government" a "reason" to retire in the DR?

Are you "off your meds" again?
"Power" is back on in "Las Colinas de Arroyo Hondo!
Now I need twice as much poluting energy,I have to re-charge my batteries,as well as "Cool Down" my bedroom for my "siesta"!
Not to mention,both "fridges" must have warmed up a little.
My electric meter is "Spinning" faster than Pichardo at a mall opening!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007

Now I need twice as much poluting energy,I have to re-charge my batteries,as well as "Cool Down" my bedroom for my "siesta"!
Cris Colon

Rapidly becoming a huge fan of your posts, CC. Funny stuff!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

Cris Colon

That's a classic line right there :laugh:

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
CC needs to pay higher bills - DR could introduce a carbon tax. Pay for education of the people like CC.

[video=youtube;eprah6RNab4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eprah6RNab4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

pi2

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
There is no way to rise up on the list over there at International Living which is not really a magazine but rather a sort of shell company for sending folks down to specific real estate projects in foreign countries....

I'm sure their business is running those "events" promoting the r.e. projects; even more than the actual promotion of the projects.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010

Cris Colon

DAMNIT.. I think I just peed myself from laughing.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
nothing to give up! superb range of food at low cost! small investment required for solar electric - no bills for ever! increasing network of superb uncrowded roads! good government! increasing international community! good range of affordable housing to buy!

pi2

You forgot to take your medecine today too. Your mental health is getting worst. I think you are about to disapear for, I hope it will be, a veryyyyyyyy longgggggggggg timeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
You know, I just realized how much energy I'm conserving by keeping yannadu/pi2's posts on ignore. I get through a page of postings that much faster without having to waste so much as a kilowatt second on his drivel.

Earth-healing savings!

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
Honduras, Mexico?.....A retirement destination?.......Give me a break! I definetly would not consider Honduras a mainstream retirement haven and an odd place to retire for someone without any ties to that country.

The DR is nothing new as a retirement destination and most people still consider it a safer and a better place to retire true or not that's the image it has in the US and in other countries. Compared to the others mencioned in the list.

I do agree that Colombia is starting to be an attractive place to retire, but for single men. I do not think that colombia is still a main stream retirement destination as is or was Costa Rica and Panama which are a main stream retirement destination for single men, as well as many familys.

I really do not think this was a very good article on retirement.

Last edited:

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
The two-sentence reference to the Dominican Republic out of a 15 page article speaks for itself.

"On the white-sand beaches of the Dominican Republic, $2,000 a month means living in a luxury apartment, having a maid, heath care -- everything. And, of course, it's easily done for less."

To those who believe this, GOOD LUCK!!

I would think $2,000 a month would buy some considerable luxury for a couple. I discern a slight downward trend in food prices as more farms are now producing. Actually medical facilites in the DR are rapidly improving and fewer and fewer places are more than a 2 1/2 hour ambulance drive from the capital due to improved roads or 50 minutes by plane.

Articles like this awaken peoples interest in retiring to faraway places. Solar power is a huge benefit - whole residences are being constructed with solar as standard now prices have reduced.

Unlike NZ, Brazil etc. there is little capital requirement.

pi2

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I don't understand the hostility towards pi2...sure he can be a little "eccentric" but really people take a chill pill. If you don't like a certain comment ignore it and move along. It's his thread...you didn't have to come in and read it.