DR-Paris

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
That's a lot of kisses when you meet a whole family!

Worse when there is a birthday and you are supposed to congratulate the whole crowd personally with their brother/cousin/friend/neighbor/colleague's birthday, the ladies with three kisses. 

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

I know but you don't have to hug sweaty people US style...WE DO NOT HUG.

I Lived in Belgium for 12 years, there male friends kiss each other, like the italians...one thing I never liked :(

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
La bise!

[video=youtube;T-VWbV6TJxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-VWbV6TJxU&t=24s[/video]

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

You do them gradually, you don't have to greet everyone at once.

I like kisses, I miss them living in the US (my close American friend kiss me, I taught them :bunny:). I have done up to 4 kisses (number depending on the location, but 2 has become standard lately).

Hugs are faster, but I prefer kisses, I am needy :smoke:

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
We gave American friends and in the beginning we were surprised how shy and diffident, inhibited american women are kissing a male person as greeting. 

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Any god tips for getting deals from DR to Paris? Departing SDQ or PUJ?
I've heard AirFrance doesn't have good customer support if anything comes up. Any thoughts?
Any firsthand info on airlines would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I just booked for SD Brussels, round-trip 409,00 euro's. Tuifly.be
I upgraded to a kind of vip class,  But the basic is 409

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We gave American friends and in the beginning we were surprised how shy and diffident, inhibited american women are kissing a male person as greeting. 

It depends on the ethnicity of the Americans, growing up in an "Italian" family we had to kiss everyone in the room when we arrived and again when we left. It's second nature to us, although we don't do the double kiss of the European Italians, but we usually add a hug. :) My brother hated it.