DR talk show host sets magician's head on fire

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I've watched the video repeatedly and haven't yet figured out what the tv host used
to ignite the flammable agua de florida.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
dr tampa disliked my post of
"weird Stuff"????????????. sorry but it thought it was wierd:cross-eye

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
dr tampa disliked my post of
"weird Stuff"????????????. sorry but it thought it was wierd:cross-eye

Seriously who cares, about the like/dislike function?
It's spelled weird, perhaps he is a professor?

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
What the f***!!! I give credit to the magician's crew/entourage for being professional. They should have knocked that guy's lights out for such a stupid stunt!

Mariot

Oct 13, 2009
According to this article, Houchin says that Barazarte told Houchins wife to pour the liquid into his hands, and than had Houchins assistant set it on fire. However, in the video it doesn't look as if the agua de florida was already burning. I guess that is why they didn't put up a link to the video, which they would normaly have done, and opted to only show pictures
Dominikanische Republik: TV-Moderator z?ndet Magier an - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Arrest warrant issued for TV producer

Domincan Today; Santo Domingo.- The National District Instruction Court has issued a warrant for the arrest of Franklin Barazarte, the producer of the program where American illusionist Wayne Houchin?s head was set ablaze.

The incident during the filming of the show biz program "Acercate a los Astros" (get close to the starts) caused second degree burns in the American?s head, face and ears, when Barazarte splashed Houchin with the alcohol-based lotion "Agua Florida," setting the magician?s hair on fire. Elnacional.com.do reports that the medical examiner of the National District Office of the Prosecutor confirmed that Houchin sustained first and second degree burns.

The quick reaction by the show?s technicians reportedly saved the magician's life, as videos show his head totally engulfed by the flames, when Barazarte as a ?blessing,? doused him with Agua Florida, unexpectedly catching fire on Houchin, who was treated in a nearby hospital and released. The program?s producer Frnaklin Barazarte affirmed Tuesday that the incident was unintentional and "deeply" regrets it, Efe reports.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
i think he was stupid for letting him do it anyway. Another one for the Darwin awards