DR to Port au prince?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
How much does it cost to get from DR to Port au prince either by air or land?
the airport or city in DR doesnt matter
Thanks

Jun 5, 2004
Well I can tell you that there is service from STI with Caribair and there has to be something out of SDQ by air to PAP (Panam Dominicana I think). When it comes to buses I believe that Metro provides service between their santo domingo terminal and Port au prince.

Heres the phone for Caribair: 1200-3382

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Caribair flies to Port-au-Prince from Santo Domingo's La Isabela airport. A round trip costs about US$250.

The two bus companies that travel from Santo Domingo to Port-au-Prince are Caribetours and Terrabus. Don't know how much it costs, PM poster qgrande who did it a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think there is a flight from Santiago.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Like Chirimoya says, Caribetours and Terra buses go there. I did see a Metro bus at the border, but I don't think they have a regular service there and it was a chartered bus or something.

Caribetours is 1300 pesos + $25 (border formalities) SD-PaP and $40 + $28 PaP-SD (obviously other visa costs if you're a Haitian or Dominican citizen or resident). Buying a return ticket is probably a bit more economical. Buses leave SD every day at 11am, arriving in P?tionville at about 5.30pm, and everyday at 8.30am from P?tionville, arriving in SD at about 5pm.
Food is served on the bus. The seats are a lot more spacious than the regular Caribetours buses. Tickets are sold at the travel agency office at the entrance of Caribetours in Santo Domingo. if you want to now more, just send a pm.