DR vs Cuba Today At 3pm On ESPN.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
My sincerest condolences to the DR...I also wanted them to win, thinking all along they had the better team...:(

Unfortunately, that doesn't always work in your favor...Pujols, Tejada, Ortiz...not much of the famous MLB players we're so used to seeing...

I'm glad for the Cuban team...I predicted this to my co-workers that were talking so much crap before they got to PR..."Oh, they're never gonna get anywhere 'cause they not professionals...wait till they have to play against the real professional players...etc, etc, etc...

Now they have to eat their words...I can't wait for Monday night...Now they better go all the way and win this first WBC...

GO CUBA!!!

MQ

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Come papa!

monster said:
I think I'm gonna puke.I am so sad I am crying right now. DR should have won this tournament easily, David Papi Ortiz can go to hell.
It just goes to show that ANYBODY can have an off day.

SOME people are always talking crap about Alex Rodriguez not doing enough when it counts but I did not see the "power horses", Pujols, Ortiz, Alou, Beltre and Tejada (ok, he had 2 hits) doing anything at all on this game.

It just happens that the Cuban pitching was just great. It seem that Cuba had ALL "their numbers today".

I said on another thread that many people, including myself, were always saying that the Cubans win so many tournaments because they are seasoned players playing with amateurs, BUT this time around, they have proven to me that they can also beat a team FULL of major leaguers. Now I know that they are good enough to beat amateurs and big leaguers alike.

Now that the 2 teams that I was rooting for are "ADIOS", now I am rooting for Korea. Not because I like them that much but because I am a fan of the game and they have played the best games so far. I hope they win because they deserve it. I can't wait to watch the game!.

GO KOREA!!!!!.

Btw, I wonder if the DR's General Manager, former Big Leaguer, Stanley Javier, is still saying what he said yesterday, that the DR had the best roster in the world. Opps. I guess that he learned NOTHING from Ishiro Suzuki, about keeping one's mouth SHUT until the end of the tournament!.

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
miguel said:
I said on another thread that many people, including myself, were always saying that the Cubans win so many tournaments because they are seasoned players playing with amateurs, BUT this time around, they have proven to me that they can also beat a team FULL of major leaguers. Now I know that they are good enough to beat amateurs and big leaguers alike.

UH????:confused:

MQ

NY1

Feb 26, 2002

So how come they weren't seasoned players when the DR thumped them the last time they played? Cuba won today's game, that doesn't make them the better team by any means. Just like it doesn't make Mexico better than the US because they beat them.
All things equal, I'd take my chances 9 out of 10 times with this DR team vs Cuba, unfortunately that one time was for all the marbles.

Oh yeah, and ARod still sucks!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Where do they find these people!

NY1 said:
So how come they weren't seasoned players when the DR thumped them the last time they played? Cuba won today's game, that doesn't make them the better team by any means. Just like it doesn't make Mexico better than the US because they beat them.
All things equal, I'd take my chances 9 out of 10 times with this DR team vs Cuba, unfortunately that one time was for all the marbles.

Oh yeah, and ARod still sucks!!
Go read my post about 100 times and maybe once, out of that 100 times, you will figure out what was it that I was trying to say when I said "seasoned".

Oh yeah, he may suck but I would love to suck as bad as him and still make 25 million dollars.

If winning when it counts does not means that they were a better team, then I am blond, 6'4 and a male supermodel.

Perhaps the better world is: "tenian a todos esos jugadores de grande liga AMARRAO"!.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
miguel said:
If winning when it counts does not means that they were a better team, then I am blond, 6'4 and a male supermodel.

Yeah, with that thinking then Korea sucks, eventhough they beat Japan 2x and were 6-0 in the tourney. Yeah, whatever!

What does ARod's $25 million have to do with his choking?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
A tale!

NY1 said:
Yeah, with that thinking then Korea sucks, eventhough they beat Japan 2x and were 6-0 in the tourney. Yeah, whatever!

Let me tell you a little personal story about my beloved Yankees:

They can win 10,000 games in one season and I would be very happy BUT:

If they do not win the World Series, I will feel empty. Get it?.

The DR's team was full of major leaguers, they were supposed to beat Cuba not once, 50 times if they were to meet 50 times. They did not beat them for the simple reason that Cuba played not only better, but their pitching was spectacular.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
jruane44 said:
Get over it already.

I'm Korean and I am rooting for my country. I'm upset that they lost. The game just finished less than an hour ago. And you are telling me to get over it?

What's wrong with me saying that I hope Cuba crushes Japan? I actually hope that they do.

In the meantime, please shut up.

Thank you.

Koreanhomerun

Mar 19, 2006
Oh, be quiet you yankee fan. Korea performed well throughout the playoffs. Korea won all their games playing all Asian rivals. Then Korea beat all three opponents in the pool A playoff, including another win over Japan.

It's ridiculous how the WBC pitted Korea against Japan tongiht. Of course, itchy-ro wanted sweet revenge since Japan lost to Korea twice. I think the WBC officials didn't want Korea to make it to the championship round (of course I may be a bit paranoid right now).

Plus weather could have been a factor to tonight's sh_tty game, as rain fell on the baseball field making it difficult for the Korean team to play well.

It's funny, cuz I think that the Anaheim Stadium was a good=luck stadium for Team Korea. Then PETCO hellhole must have been a curse to Team Korea.

NY1 said:

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
I'm back from SD, spent the weekend there and went to the Jaragua Sports bar to watch the game. There was another cuban there, we were two against the whole place! psssssss, we won! yeah!

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
People don't forget that baseball was played in Cuba long before it was played (by cubans) in DR. The first latino player in the big leages was cuban and there were more cuban players in MLB than all others latinos combined until 59 (when fidel took over), there are more cubans in the hall of fame than from any other latin american country, once cubans are allowed back in MLB it would take 10-15 years to be again #1 in number of foreign players... enough said!

CUBA CAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
miguel said:
Let me tell you a little personal story about my beloved Yankees:

They can win 10,000 games in one season and I would be very happy BUT:

If they do not win the World Series, I will feel empty. Get it?.

The DR's team was full of major leaguers, they were supposed to beat Cuba not once, 50 times if they were to meet 50 times. They did not beat them for the simple reason that Cuba played not only better, but their pitching was spectacular.

AND?

The Cuban team is not full of major leaguers, not because of a lack of talent. Lets not make Cuba's defeat of DR out to be the Miracle on Ice. Many of the players on the Cuban team could step into a Major League rosters if they could.

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
NY1 said:
AND?

The Cuban team is not full of major leaguers, not because of a lack of talent. Lets not make Cuba's defeat of DR out to be the Miracle on Ice. Many of the players on the Cuban team could step into a Major League rosters if they could.

I agree 100%.