DR1 & Facebook

Are you going to be/already using the Facebook feature to log in to DR1?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Ummmmm, did someone miss the part about this being a poll and asking for the users opinion?

You asked I answered, KISS off!
You know that Robert is one of the owners of DR1, right?

:paranoid:

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
OMG the owner of DR1??????? Not the owner...
What was I thinking? Oh that's right....you were taking a poll and said if we would like to explain our vote, so I did. I believe someone else was the first to reply rudely with Keep it simple, stupid. I was merely quoting THE 'OWNER'S' mnemonic.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
OMG the owner of DR1??????? Not the owner...
What was I thinking? Oh that's right....you were taking a poll and said if we would like to explain our vote, so I did. I believe someone else was the first to reply rudely with Keep it simple, stupid. I was merely quoting THE 'OWNER'S' mnemonic.

Actually, that was a kiss, I'm affectionate like that :)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
you were taking a poll and said if we would like to explain our vote, so I did.
Exactly, so please stop trying to make this poll about you.

Vote, explain your vote, and move on.

Its quite simple.

In the "rare" case you don't get the hint, any more posts from you in this thread will be deleted.

:eek:gre:

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
as I own several internet businesses, I consider Facebook as a necessary evil...

yess, you are right, I do not like it, actually I despise it, but unfortunately, it has become a fact of life if you are into the internet business...

will I link up with dr1 and facebook... hell no...

I keep facebook to a minimum, and thanks to my business I spent most of time blocking so-called friends, and ignoring all requests...

nevertheless, DR1 is a great site, and I will continue to visit it, but I will never, and I mean never connect it to facebook... sorry robert...

I'm not interested in farmville, birthday parties, etc... neither in chinese, japanese, taiwanese, italian, whatever groups involved with dogs... I'm sure they mean well, but what the hell can I do for them...

I have over 200 "friends" explaining on facebook, that they lost their cell somewhere on the driveway and can't find it... that they are now going to peel potatoes, or are folding their laundry... so what the "****"... who cares????

I'm very sorry if I got carried away... but do those "friends" have nothing better to do????

hmmm.... my humble opinion about how facebook lost its original purpose...

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
My facebook is for:
1. My family
2. My besties--best friends separated by miles
3. My international friends
4. Good business connections, creative types

It's not for...the many people I have met along my journey in life that have little relevance to my present....
Internet message board "acquaintances"

Having said that, no, I will not link them for ease of use. :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
nevertheless, DR1 is a great site, and I will continue to visit it, but I will never, and I mean never connect it to facebook... sorry robert...

Why sorry?

All we are doing is making it easier for those that want to login using their Facebook accounts, nothing more, nothing less. It makes no difference to DR1, one way of the other if a user uses the feature or not.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
as I own several internet businesses, I consider Facebook as a necessary evil...

yess, you are right, I do not like it, actually I despise it, but unfortunately, it has become a fact of life if you are into the internet business...

will I link up with dr1 and facebook... hell no...

I keep facebook to a minimum, and thanks to my business I spent most of time blocking so-called friends, and ignoring all requests...

I'm not interested in farmville, birthday parties, etc... neither in chinese, japanese, taiwanese, italian, whatever groups involved with dogs... I'm sure they mean well, but what the hell can I do for them...

I have over 200 "friends" explaining on facebook, that they lost their cell somewhere on the driveway and can't find it... that they are now going to peel potatoes, or are folding their laundry... so what the "****"... who cares????

I'm very sorry if I got carried away... but do those "friends" have nothing better to do????

hmmm.... my humble opinion about how facebook lost its original purpose...

he s got a point. man i was talking to my dad aboiut the same dang thing. the facebook and twitter t hing. too much useless information being transported into the cosmos. I dont want to hear about your ugly kid and his diaper rash, you know? Or the bean sprout and milk dud sandwich you have for lunch at the Indian Swedish fushion place that incredibly enough and hard to believe gave you indigestion and acid reflux. Its too much filler...how can anyones life be all sizzle?????? and no steak?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Facebook and Twitter both have lots of noise. But just like a TV, you have the option of turning it off :) It's easy to control in the settings and who you choose to add and follow etc.

I personally think Twitter and Facebook are an excellent resource and if managed right, are extremely useful. From a business stand point, Facebook has been very good :)

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The technology we are privy to in this day and age will work efficiently if used to one's advantage.

I ignore the drivel, and well as the drivelers.

The fact that some people use Facebook to regurgitate the minutiae of their daily mundane tasks says more about them than it does about the technology.

Case in point-it's good for keeping in touch with people you live far away from.

It's also good for when you contact someone and have nothing to say to each other after that initial "Hey!!! Long time no see!!!"

Nothing to say to each other after that? Delete them off your friends list.

Easy Breezy.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
The technology we are privy to in this day and age will work efficiently if used to one's advantage.

I ignore the drivel, and well as the drivelers.

The fact that some people use Facebook to regurgitate the minutiae of their daily mundane tasks says more about them than it does about the technology.

Case in point-it's good for keeping in touch with people you live far away from.

It's also good for when you contact someone and have nothing to say to each other after that initial "Hey!!! Long time no see!!!"

Nothing to say to each other after that? Delete them off your friends list.

Easy Breezy.

Gosh, if I want to have a descent talk with relatives on a long distance I use Skype and not Facebook you know.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife posted some pictures from her school 1993-2000 on Facebook and she has been contacted by numerous former students. Most are telling her how much they missed her school when they moved on to higher grades. Many of these former students now have children of their own, soon to be school age. So for her Facebook is like free advertisement.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
In the thread Facebook Users, Robert made an announcement concerning the new ability to sign in using your Facebook account.

Are you going to be/already using the Facebook feature to log in to DR1?

If you feel the need to explain your vote, type away....

To really get into this thread, I voted NO
I use Facebook in a very restricted way, it took me 54 handlings! to give me some privacy on FB and I am NOT going to give that well earned privacy away by logging in through FB onto DR1

And btw...I just mentioned that I prefer to use Skype instead of FB for long distances calls with relatives and whilst waiting just now for this page to appear I got the message...WAITING FOR MYSKYPE...

If this continue to go on, you have already one DR1 member less, maybe that doesn't bother you guy's who control DR1 but it sure bothers me!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
To really get into this thread, I voted NO
I use Facebook in a very restricted way, it took me 54 handlings! to give me some privacy on FB and I am NOT going to give that well earned privacy away by logging in through FB onto DR1

And btw...I just mentioned that I prefer to use Skype instead of FB for long distances calls with relatives and whilst waiting just now for this page to appear I got the message...WAITING FOR MYSKYPE...

If this continue to go on, you have already one DR1 member less, maybe that doesn't bother you guy's who control DR1 but it sure bothers me!

Lets clear a few things up...

The Facebook fConnect functionality was disconnected a while ago, read the thread. When it was connected, it was OPTIONAL. Even if you chose to use the optional feature, it had ZERO impact on your privacy.

The reason you're getting a "myskpe" message is that we offer people the option to show their Skype username in their profile. This has been part of the board for 4-5 years and will be about for years to come.

If you have issues with DR1, don't use the board, it's that simple.
Nobody is forcing you to post or read the messages.

We can't please all the people all the time, but we have managed to please 99.9% of our 80,000+ users over the years. That, I'm very proud of ;)

Reactions: Berzin
Status
Not open for further replies.