Drilling a small water well at a Campo near Santiago(?)

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Don't paint with such a broad brush Chip. My grandfather was no fraud and I know it. Sure some people that claim to be water witches aren't but some definately are gifted in some way. To say that all are frauds is like saying that since some preachers have been proven to be frauds that cheat people out of money for their own personal use instead of God's glory that ALL preachers are frauds.
Just saying.........

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Don't paint with such a broad brush Chip. My grandfather was no fraud and I know it. Sure some people that claim to be water witches aren't but some definately are gifted in some way. To say that all are frauds is like saying that since some preachers have been proven to be frauds that cheat people out of money for their own personal use instead of God's glory that ALL preachers are frauds.
Just saying.........

I just went by the scientific studies concerning the matter. Statistically, after hundreds of tests water diviners have a success rate that's equal to simple chance.

Bottom line is it's a fact that all water diviners and "some" preachers are a fraud. :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Well, well , well.............. most of the well diggers divine - thats a fact.

I expect they also pray for a good result.

If you never seek the answer, you will never find it.

A nice combination of Christianity and culture.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
well.....;) of the approximate 2 dozen times I saw my grandfather witch for a well he was wrong once - that's a little better than simple chance

for a man that believes many things on faith and not science you are inconsistant with your adamant belief that "science" has all the answers for some things but can be ignored on others

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just went by the scientific studies concerning the matter. Statistically, after hundreds of tests water diviners have a success rate that's equal to simple chance. Bottom line is it's a fact that all water diviners and "some" preachers are a fraud. :)

Many "games of chance "are enjoyed by skilled professionals who consistently outperform the odds.

This could be one of them ,historically, some people have a remarkable record for divining water.

Can you substantiate your statement re scientific studies and statistics being no better than a coin flip??

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Many "games of chance "are enjoyed by skilled professionals who consistently outperform the odds.

This could be one of them ,historically, some people have a remarkable record for divining water.

Can you substantiate your statement re scientific studies and statistics being no better than a coin flip??

Look it up on google.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Depending on the part of the country collecting rainwater could be enough. There are internet sources on doing this but basically sloping ground is covered in plastic sheeting and fed into water storage container, 200 gallons plus. If required a 12 volt on demand pump can raise the water to taps, shower etc.
pi2

Didn't you read the original post??? It is a very small farm! If he does not have water he might not have good electricity. Are you going to turn on gas generators each time you want water?

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
No, no, a solar panel and two 6 volt batteries. Controller $800. Appropriate small on demand 12 volt pumps are sold for RV,s etc. at about $100. Plus you can run lights, fan, small tv etc.

pi2.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
No, no, a solar panel and two 6 volt batteries. Controller $800. Appropriate small on demand 12 volt pumps are sold for RV,s etc. at about $100. Plus you can run lights, fan, small tv etc.

pi2.

I want to be able to power my flat panel TV and surround sound. You are living in the past man!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I want to be able to power my flat panel TV and surround sound. You are living in the past man!

Not the past in which pi2 lives, it is an alternate dimension.

In Cabarete, it might be possible to drive a well point and get water in a shallow well. As for the campo near Santiago, it probably requires a company to do the exploration. Best of luck with that.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Not the past in which pi2 lives, it is an alternate dimension.

In Cabarete, it might be possible to drive a well point and get water in a shallow well. As for the campo near Santiago, it probably requires a company to do the exploration. Best of luck with that.
pi2 is so old that his memory is in black and white;)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Dear All,
Wondering if anyone has any experience drilling a well out in the countryside? I am looking for a well for a (very) small farm and for cooking & and an outdoor shower. The roads are not good so huge equipment would not make it, a regular truck or 4 wheel drive is okay though. Any information would be helpful!
Thanks,
mimi49

I watched guys drill a well in Dajabon and they hit water at 16 feet right in the Village.. so it depends a lot on where you live You really have to ask your neighbors on this one. They are ones who are going to know