Driving from Santo Domingo Airport to La Romana

edhizam

Sep 14, 2009
Hola Hola,
Hope everyone reading this is great. I wanted to ask.. what is the time distance from Santo Domingo Airport to La Romana... My husband who was born in La Romana and I are planning to travel to DR next month and I wanted to see what was the best options... Should I fly into Punta Cana better or what drive am I looking at.....

Otra Pregunta..

If I were to stay in a Punta Cana resort.. Am I looking at over 1 hr of travel to La Romana ?

His Mom, and Dad are in La Romana but I am not sure if we are going to be staying in their home.. I want to be by beach but also be able to visit the family on a daily basis.. Let me know please : )

Need to know Urgently....

Gracias

Marlene

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
The travel time (driving) from SDQ to la Romana should be no more than 45 minutes to one hour, now if you are coming from Punta Cana should take about one hour to one and half because of road conditions leaving the Higuey - Punta Cana area.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The time from Las Americas Airport to the western outskirts of La Romana is about 1 hr 15 mn to 1 hr 30 mn depending on traffic and road conditions. If you are heading to Bayahibe on the eastern side La Romana add a half hour to the estimate. The time from Punta Cana airport to Bayahibe is about 1 hr 15 min to 1 hr 30 mn, again depending on road conditions and traffic, especially through in Higuey.

Regards,
PJT

Feb 7, 2007
The time from Las Americas Airport to the western outskirts of La Romana is about 1 hr 15 mn to 1 hr 30 mn depending on traffic and road conditions. If you are heading to Bayahibe on the eastern side La Romana add a half hour to the estimate. The time from Punta Cana airport to Bayahibe is about 1 hr 15 min to 1 hr 30 mn, again depending on road conditions and traffic, especially through in Higuey.

Regards,
PJT

I second that. If you want to be by the beach, why not get a hotel in Bayahibe? There are several good all-inclusive resorts there, e.g. Coral, Viva Wyndham, Iberostar, Ventaclub, etc.

It's a 30 minutes bus ride to La Romana and buses leave about every 30-60 minutes, so you can visit your folks every day if you wish. Maybe you can also get them a day pass to visit with you in the hotel.

Also, depending on where you fly from, there are direct flights to La Romana airport with American (AA) from Miami. The price is comparable to AA flight to Punta Cana (but more expensive than flight to Santo Domingo).